Pages:
Author

Topic: What will happen to Bitcoin year after 2140 ? - page 3. (Read 3477 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 507
LOTEO
I wonder what would happen to Bitcoin after the year 2140, while mining will end and the last block will be mined.
Are there will not remain Bitcoin ? Is the transaction will be possible ? or what ?
At least i will be dead  Undecided Undecided !!!!

I think in 2140 the double SHA-256 hashing is not so strong anymore because of incremental computer power, one of the core hashing algorithms in bitcoin. Other hashing algorithms such as MD4 and MD5 (created in 1991) are weak now. Satoshi said something like "It will work for some time"  and I think he meant a few decades.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Bitcoin could have been and gone in this timeframe. Something much better may also take over so bitcoin is far from safe or indestructible.

as long as its technology will be alive i don't see the problem in anything a better bitcoin, remember that no more bitcoin doesn't necessary mean that there will be no others option in the cryptoworld(so if bitcoin will die, than another "bitcoin will rise", in the end you can't kill crypto anymore
The one main problem is Hackers because they can hack some accounts that having a bitcoins but im sure that bitcoin hires best security experts for secure the accounts
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Bitcoin could have been and gone in this timeframe. Something much better may also take over so bitcoin is far from safe or indestructible.

as long as its technology will be alive i don't see the problem in anything or in a better bitcoin, remember that no more bitcoin doesn't necessary mean that there will be no others option in the cryptoworld(so if bitcoin will die, than another "bitcoin will rise"), in the end you can't kill crypto anymore
Why? Are you planning on living 150 years?

This is what I was going to say. Why would anyone care seeing as we'll all be dead.

Bitcoin will continue and no one can stop it beacuse many people use bitcoin for many purposes and it can be a way to donate some charity or enviromental movement to help people or the mother earth but the one reason is it helps people to make a good life

Yes , there is a possible some people are have a bad intension to steal money or hack it to make a money faster than replying other post but bitcoin can upgrade security and make bitcoin user safety's improve
TYT
Activity: 78
Merit: 10

This is what I was going to say. Why would anyone care seeing as we'll all be dead.

Bitcoin will continue and no one can stop it beacuse many people use bitcoin for many purposes and it can be a way to donate some charity or enviromental movement to help people or the mother earth but the one reason is it helps people to make a good life

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
ancap
The ones who have the hashing power and can handle the running costs will be benefiting from the transaction fees.
I have a prediction to this analysis: The ones will be electrical/electronics engineers specialized in alternative energy technologies including micro-nuclear research.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Anyone holding 1 BTC will be a billonaire by then, since by that time BTC will be the undisputed earth's standard unit of value, and not only earth, but whatever planets we've colonized too. The blockchain will be able to propagate in other planets as one.
We'll be all dead by then tho, so whatever. At least I hope we can retire early.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
I think bitcoins will be worth $1,000,000,000 each but it wont matter.  Because of inflation that will be the cost of a candy bar.  There will be no more jobs because the robots will do everything for us.  Everyone will be either a professional pan handler or work for a big wall street firm moving money around in circles to somehow generate a profit.  The streets will look like Blade Runner without the replicants (because that is what the future SHOULD look like).

You should read this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoins-dystopian-future-180798
Activity: 279
Merit: 132
Beefcake!!!
I think bitcoins will be worth $1,000,000,000 each but it wont matter.  Because of inflation that will be the cost of a candy bar.  There will be no more jobs because the robots will do everything for us.  Everyone will be either a professional pan handler or work for a big wall street firm moving money around in circles to somehow generate a profit.  The streets will look like Blade Runner without the replicants (because that is what the future SHOULD look like).
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
It means the miners are paid pure by transaction fees, so there will still be rewards and still be miners.
i think that there will be a few Miners (possibly no miners) cause the reward per block is small
That is pure speculation, by the time this happens the blocks will be halved and halved and the rewards from fees won't be too much of a change. The idea is that Bitcoin will be worth much more then and if it isn't difficulty should adjust to keep someone interested.

Actually, Satoshi predicted that we will reach an equilibrium stage where there will be only a few miners left.
I think that by the time it reaches that phase it will be very profitable for those who are left.
I also think that by the time we get to that phase Bitcoin will have been more widely adopted.
The ones who have the hashing power and can handle the running costs will be benefiting from the transaction fees.

Think of VISA, AMEX and MasterCard.
They are handling millions/billions of transacions per day.

If someone is one of the few handling the Bitcoin transactions then they will be making a shit load of money.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
I don't like to think that much on what will happen on that year because no one of us will be alive by then so who cares really ...
Also Bitcoin will surely not stays that long , Government will screw it over with some new shit simillar to it but not decentralized so can see everything you do just like Paypal & Credit cards etc ... and voilà it's like Satoshi did nothing sadly  Cry
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
Why look that far, why not just try to make an effort to make it last till 2040 at least. The way some of the users are behaving, bitcoin community won't last till 2040, let alone 2140.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
It wouldn't be called Bitcoin anymore. Maybe something build on top of bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Who cares. We'll all be dead.  

some of us the most rich could use the hybernation like Hal finney to stay here by that time

i think that by the 2140 we could transfer our bitcoin to people that are living in mars(mars one is going serious on this) they will start to raise infrastructure in 2025

i expect a good colony there by 2140, and radio wave technology/satellites that will connect earth to mars via internet
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Huge robots which enslaved the entire human race and aliens ll have to deal with that.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
Who cares. We'll all be dead. 
Activity: 455
Merit: 251
blockchain longa, vita brevis
Did you mean

I wonder what would happen to Bitcoin after the year 2014?

Lol, probably it will die, soon or later Smiley
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Probably it will be switched to proof of stake  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
100 years ago we were using Abacus to do our calculations.

now we have computer that are mining bitcoin for us.

in 150 years in the future IF bitcoin is still around and being used, there will be mining equipment that have the ability to easily mine bitcoin with the increased difficulty and don't need that much money to run on.

besides as fees had changed before a couple of times, in the future it will be changes again.
Pages:
Jump to: