Pages:
Author

Topic: What will happen with the Bitcoin price after the halving on 07-17-2016? - page 2. (Read 2276 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 250
Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)
All the facts point to it having positive effect over it's price as that's how it should normally be as just imagine each blocks find reward gets divided by two therefor each effort taken to do so has been increased so it should result in better and higher outcome than it is before the halving.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I do expect a movement, up or down however I am not sure of, probably a mix of both leading up to it.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
What do you thing will happen with the price,
after the halving of the Bitcoin Block Reward in 185 days from 3,600 BTC per day to 1,800 BTC per day?

The price must increase massively or not?

No one knows what will happen to be honest.
For sure we all would like to see a nice new ATH or at least a price around the $1000.
The only thing we can do is wait and see how things will develop the next months.
In worst case I believe we would stay were we are, what whould mean that halving is already priced in, what I can't believe.
Activity: 504
Saying the truth I'm a bit afraid that the price will go down like the litecoin at theirs last halving period  but it should grow after few weeks or months.

Can't really compare with other alternate coin.. as bitcoin is the best and more commonly used... just by look at their value and price.. is a different already.
You will see how many people will be interested to buy bitcoin a week or a month before the halving, at that time i expect an increase of bitcoin value then a crash at halving and probably an increase again after it.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
IMO, the price will either drastically go up or drastically go down after the halving. But personally, I think that the Bitcoin price will slightly go up after the halving.

I too fear the same but I hope it's not that drastic as if the price shoots up beyond our expectations, we may not get buyers and if it goes down as well, we many not get sellers. The price should be such that people believe that if they buy/sell, they are still making a wise decision. $700-$800 would be a good rise or $350-$400 would be a good fall.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
2012 halving : 10 USD --------> 120 USD
2016 halving : 600 USD -------> .... USD (yes, 4 dots Grin ).

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13510718
Activity: 350
Saying the truth I'm a bit afraid that the price will go down like the litecoin at theirs last halving period  but it should grow after few weeks or months.

Can't really compare with other alternate coin.. as bitcoin is the best and more commonly used... just by look at their value and price.. is a different already.
Activity: 504
Activity: 350
No1 can tell for sure.
Back then the price was like stable from 1 btc 200+ to 250+ usd range
And then shot up to recently 400+.
At the rate.. I think the price may 'struggle' up and down here and there at 400+ to probably 500+ in 2016.
Just my 2 cents view though.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
It's hard to say whether it will go either up or down after halving.

Nobody can say for sure until it's actually happening.
Activity: 672
Too volatile to tell honestly. It's hard to just say that it's massively going up, demand still has to be equally high for the price to go up after the supply goes down, but that might not be the case. I expect a small nudge upwards but probably nothing huge.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
after the halving of the Bitcoin Block Reward in 185 days from 3,600 BTC per day to 1,800 BTC per day?

Increasing is the logical thing to happen , now ... massively or not ? no one really knows exactly . Everything can happen actually , miners can even stop mining if the price doesn't fit them or don't make much earnings for them .

That i mean, the miners will not sell the bitcoins directly when the price is so low.
So when nobody sell it low nobody can buy bitcoins and the pirce must rise fast.

But i dont think that the miner will stop mining.
Activity: 756
I don't bite.
IMO, the price will either drastically go up or drastically go down after the halving. But personally, I think that the Bitcoin price will slightly go up after the halving.
Activity: 334
Most probably the price will go up, just like it did on previous block halving event. Although I don't expect a such a huge jump
as the last time, hope to be wrong  Grin
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152

Increasing is the logical thing to happen , now ... massively or not ? no one really knows exactly . Everything can happen actually , miners can even stop mining if the price doesn't fit them or don't make much earnings for them .
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

Pages:
Jump to: