Pages:
Author

Topic: What would be the better gpu for crypto mining - page 2. (Read 270 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 135
My vote is 4-MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8Gb GDDR5

I have 3 of them are they are beasts, even with dreaded Micron memory they are around 500 sols/s on Zcash and doing fine.  Keep in mind the take a 6 pin and a 8 pin power add in the riser and you need 3 connections to power just one of these bad boys but honestly I like them even more than my EVGA 1070 Ti.  While the Ti is more power efficient the MSI hold OC much better than any card I have used in the past. If you can find one available I would snag it. 
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
If you want NVIDIA, go with the 1070, more fans the better.
Quickest ROI these days is the AMD Vega56/64.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
thanks for that very new to this myself
Activity: 223
Merit: 21
DCAB
Hi,

Disclaimer: I'm very very new to mining, so, more experienced user may have better info.

From my reading around the place, it appears that the AMD 580 range and nVidia 1070 ranges are best price/performance gpu's. Bear in mind that each vendor AMD/nVidia have their strengths and weaknesses in that they each mine different algorithms more efficiently.

A good place to start doing some research is the BitsBeTrippin youtube channel. This guy reviews a whole heap of cards, so it may be worthwhile taking at some of his videos.

You're mostly right. However, I would currently add Vega 56 mining a CryptoNight coin to that list. Using a new mining software called Cast XMR you can get 2050 h/s @160W (as compared to 500 h/s from a 1070 @ 60W) from a single Vega 56.
Activity: 49
Hi,

Disclaimer: I'm very very new to mining, so, more experienced user may have better info.

From my reading around the place, it appears that the AMD 580 range and nVidia 1070 ranges are best price/performance gpu's. Bear in mind that each vendor AMD/nVidia have their strengths and weaknesses in that they each mine different algorithms more efficiently.

A good place to start doing some research is the BitsBeTrippin youtube channel. This guy reviews a whole heap of cards, so it may be worthwhile taking a look at some of his videos.
Activity: 59
hi my name is Chris am from Manchester Uk good to be a member am new to this
am looking to buy 6 GPU for mining would love to find the best one for mining
pls if any one as any good feed back would be very great full
the ones on my list are
am looking around £500 each ( i think )

1- MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8Gb GDDR5
2-Asus Strix NVIDIA GTX1070 8GB GAMING GDDR5
3-Asus Turbo NVIDIA GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
4-MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8Gb GDDR5

this is the ones iv bin looking at