Pages:
Author

Topic: What would make you invest in today's running ICOs? - page 2. (Read 1759 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 10
Project team, hype and ofcourse the product itself - i guess this is what u should look at
Activity: 193
Merit: 0
I think all of the items listed above are important. If the ICO has a nice product but a weak team then it isn't going to go far and vice versa.

Right now I am focusing on ICO's that actually have a working product before they launch their ICO. I think we are seeing this shift and it will be very interesting to see where it is going to go in the foreseeable future. I do not see ICO's stopping any time soon.
Activity: 658
Merit: 13
As already mentioned, first of all it is worth deciding on investments based on the team and product that they will do. By the way, that is why many ICO take people with the positive experience of past projects to give investors confidence in the project.
Activity: 287
All of the things mentioned above make me at least thinking about investing into an ICO. However, I prefer mostly to trade as it is less risky. I just spend much time researching the crypto market and then buy this or that alt.
Activity: 6
I'm mainly looking at 4 things, plus a little bit of gut-feeling:

1. How is the team? Who are they? What are their goals?
2. Is there something behind their token sale i.e a solid implementation?
3. Market feedback, how do people react to it?
4. Token sale parameters: how many tokens and why the amount? How many tokens are sold? How much for the team? etc.

I found a quite interesting project some time ago. It's called GetGame.io (https://getgame.io), it's a blockchain based game development platform. I run it through my checklist and I think it's quite a promising project. It has a solid team and a solid purpose (to make game development easier and more accessible), they have a strong implementation (a platform for game devs with all the necessary tools), feedback is very positive and they are only issuing 500k tokens for the ITO, indicating that they value their backers and don't do it only for the quick money grab. I suggest you check it out yourself, their ITO starts on the 30th of November 2017. I personally have high hopes for this project.
Activity: 182
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
For addition i will consider the marketcap,the coin supply and the community supporting it to be sure that it has less chance of failing.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 258
1xbit.com
With so many daily ICOs launching, some people might be confused as to where they should invest.

What would make you invest in today's running ICOs?

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Website design?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

The first thing I see is the roadmap and then read their whitepaper because there is a lot of information you need for their project, then look for a different project and maybe not already in the previous ICO, looking for a good and transparent team is very difficult.
Activity: 183
equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange
All in your list must be considered before entering into ICOs most of these projects are being run by greedy people who will take all of your investments so take a risk wisely.
Activity: 280
Merit: 111
First check the hard cap of the ICO is it reasonable or not. The development team behind the ICO and how well are they running the project. What the project is about, is it solving amy of the current issues if yes then thw project can definitely prove to be successful.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
I try to avoid project with huge supply and huge hard cap. I feel they are just collecting money to run away with it.
Hard cap should be proportional with the cost of the project.
Yeah a hard cap is necessary but some developers give incredible numbers for the hard cap and when you see the website, the whitepaper and the fact they have done nothing to guarantee such a big investment then that becomes a huge red flag since it is obvious to me that they are just trying to get some money and not trying to develop a real project that the community can use in the future.
Activity: 3
With so many daily ICOs launching, some people might be confused as to where they should invest.

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

Well many factors affect my decision to invest into any ico.
1st thing is a first impression and that first impression is a website. It needs to be fast and lot of information. Thats a sign that owner is serious person.
2nd is product it must be interesting and something new.
3rd is White paper. I needs to contain good information on the product!
Project team more or less.
I also like to read a bit about product into which im investing so i check forums, blogs and old news about it. But i do this only if i cant decide easily.
Activity: 364
Merit: 16
https://crowdsale.network
For me, it's the following;
1.  Product/Service - is it something the consumer would use or need?
2.  The Team behind the project - is the company existing or the project is backed by an established company?
3.  Team effort - How do the team manage the project?

There are other things you have to consider but these 3 are something I look for before I invest in an ICO.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

All of the above, yes. And don't trust in all the hype that might come with ICO's.   You need to look further into an ICO, join it's telegram group and learn more info from the Dev or Admin team. There you will know if its all real and see if  they are active and willing to help or support the Project.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
In the past we all seen some good ICOs made %20000 then why not to try your luck?
I am investing on ICOs like gambling and i profit more then gambling.
Activity: 54
Nobody really cares about the aforementioned points. What entice people more is the hype.
Activity: 14
the problem of ico's are 95% shitscams. if not prove them?
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
DIW - Decentralized Security
All of those elements will help me in making the decision to invest in ICO's.
whitepaper needs to be real and no fantasy story.
roadmap must be realistic with goals that are achievable.
team needs to be solid and experienced to have successful ICO.
Activity: 1194
Merit: 126
Think Different

Is it the Whitepaper?
Is it the Project Team?
Is it the Product?

All of them are very important that we should consider before we make a decision to invest in ICO projects. We should make sure that ICO have the complete requirements of being a legit project. It’s hard to trace whether it’s a scam or not so we should better to do our own research and find some reviews about the project and the team have always access to their investors and promoters. Project team is very important to secure the successful of the project and Website design that reflect the content and target of the project.
Activity: 59
First of all it's a team (on website must be names, profile links), then white paper of course. Then you can do research about this project more deeply, what goals, partners. And not the last in value - your own flair.
Activity: 162
Definitely product and team: ready product/prototype, professional development team (with fast communication), "live" roadmap. And all this I found in e-Chat project - first decentralized crypto-messenger+multicurrency wallet with ability to earn on the likes
Pages:
Jump to: