Pages:
Author

Topic: What would you do to recover your losses? - page 16. (Read 60800 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 15
I doubt there is any chance of recovering losses unless you are willing to take new risks. Do more research on projects with potential, learn to hodl even when prices are falling, buy bounty dumps. Above all don't invest money you can't afford to lose

This!!!

Don't invest money you cannot lose, BECAUSE AT CURRENT STATE YOU WILL LOSE IT.
Activity: 272
Merit: 10
Easy Digital Payment for the Future
I personally prioritize my patience so that I will not be tempted by the project or the coin that has a big indigo but only for a while, I prefer to look for coins or projects that are really good and good so that I do not lose anymore because I myself am very tired only for nothing.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
You have a long list of altcoin portfolio that have tanked down by 90% since you participated in the ICO.  What was $5000 is now worth $500.  You are at a loss of $4000 and there happen to be an upcoming token sale that is pretty hyped.

You are in desperate need to recover your losses and you plan to invest in that hyped token sale in hope that you can earn 5-10x.  Would you:

1. Pump fresh fiat out of your pocket into the token sale or
2. Trade off the the altcoins you have for BTC/ETH and invest into that hyped token sale.

Share your thoughts.

trade off the altcoins for btc/eth and invest into that hyped token sale.

Activity: 346
Merit: 1
I doubt there is any chance of recovering losses unless you are willing to take new risks. Do more research on projects with potential, learn to hodl even when prices are falling, buy bounty dumps. Above all don't invest money you can't afford to lose
Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
Most likely you need to pump fresh money into cheap tokens, or else your holdings need to go ATH again with is most likely not when there's so many new alts and the old ones will die, optmissitcly just another attempt if you are little bit rush to recover your loss, but this time better be more aware as you shouldn't afford to lose anymore again
Activity: 74
Surprisingly, it turned out that my instinct did not let me down, and I managed to reset the BSV in time before the Binance their delisting.
Yes, you are lucky! With such abilities you could try to become an expert on the taklimakan platform

have not heard of such a site. What is their specific work?
Taklimakan is a social network. It was created to help users more easily obtain information and analysis of the crypto market and improve their understanding of how the blockchain works. But also if you are ready and competent to share your knowledge, the platform supports such activity
Activity: 1512
Merit: 292
www.cd3d.app
I see no other solution, or a solution is better than accepting my mistakes, and continuing to work with even greater force. Perseverance is a sign of successful people, even when things go wrong, all your plans to fall apart, you must stand firmly on your feet and move on.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
well I lose my money when the market was down, but it's ok it just small amount that I lose. If that happens to me losing big amount of money maybe I just keep hold and buy some more, waiting to recover the market again.
Activity: 170
Surprisingly, it turned out that my instinct did not let me down, and I managed to reset the BSV in time before the Binance their delisting.
Yes, you are lucky! With such abilities you could try to become an expert on the taklimakan platform

have not heard of such a site. What is their specific work?
Activity: 170
be calm and just say goodbye for you money
Activity: 494
Merit: 100
The best thing I did to marecover my losses as the altcoins that I held were holding it down until the price rose because I was not sorry for the altcoins I hold and hold was longterm and potentially even a few months later I passed it because I was losing my bigger losses if I was selling low and I knew that bitcoin would soon be bullrun so exploiting the crib also bought altcoins with potentially low cost because I'm sure I'll be great profit as it increases it's not a big deal for my losses because it's so nice to hold altcoins and I'm sure it's good because I can not hold it and I'll just come nextyear to find out if it's big or small that it's my profit to hold long time is also a way to recover or recover is losses is the trading of altcoins because you are also very profitable in trading especially when you which of you is a trader.
copper member
Activity: 617
Merit: 3
The wonders of the blockchain technology
Personally, I'd do little of all the options. Sell part of my alts and use some fiat to buy the hyped. But if i will use my fiat for any HYPED project, it must be that they worth it. A hyped project is not enough nowadays people are getting wiser.
Activity: 994
Merit: 501
I just recovering my losses by using just a stop loss. However, you cannot even recover your loss due to the loss you had accepted. No one.

You're not going to recover any losses by using a stop loss strategy, you are simply going to hinder your losses from escalating. That is a big difference though.
I suppose that the diversification of investments can cover your losses. You may lose some money on 1-2 projects but other 2 will give you a higher profit in total. Or you can also make more investments in unprofitable project to average your price of purchase.
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
I just go on a simple recovery.
Keep hodling it.
If that $5000 became $500, I do not want to take a risk and sell it in a deficient price. I will just gonna wait for the pump even if it takes longer.
Simple strategy but associated with patience.
Activity: 393
Coinsbit exchange
I know this is extremely difficult to do, because even I try to chase my losses at times, but the important thing to try and remember is discipline. You want to get something out of trading first, which is experience and discipline,,, not profit. Once you have strategies, and you learn methods and get confidence, you also still only use profit and loss as a record to see how successful you are or not. To chase losses means you discard strategy and discipline. Then you might as well be gambling.
Without a strategy for a crypto market, there’s nothing to do. It doesn’t matter whether you trade or just hold coins. You need to know exactly where the entry point and where the exit point.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
I know this is extremely difficult to do, because even I try to chase my losses at times, but the important thing to try and remember is discipline. You want to get something out of trading first, which is experience and discipline,,, not profit. Once you have strategies, and you learn methods and get confidence, you also still only use profit and loss as a record to see how successful you are or not. To chase losses means you discard strategy and discipline. Then you might as well be gambling.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
I'm already in loss and I'm not going to add more loss and take that risk into that hype that can also push me downwards. I won't invest with any coins that I have and sell it just for that. But in good choice, if you can avail that with some spare cash you can do that.

See to it that you can avail that loss if ever something goes wrong again with that choice of investment you have. Much better to avoid losses in the future, why not just buy bitcoin and hold it and stop riding those coins that are being brought up by hype?

For me, when I experience a loss, what I do is I step back a bit to see what went wrong. Before I do any damage control or think of how I can recover, I first need to know what I missed out on and the missteps I took that lead to the loss. After seeing where I made a mistake, I will now device a plan of action on how I will avoid such actions, which in turn, would help me avoid experiencing the same situation again. After that, then I will check on what ventures I can do to recover the loss, which usually leads to me following a better path of investment, if not, working on the same venture, but this time, with a better plan.
Activity: 826
Merit: 103
I just recovering my losses by using just a stop loss. However, you cannot even recover your loss due to the loss you had accepted. No one.

You're not going to recover any losses by using a stop loss strategy, you are simply going to hinder your losses from escalating. That is a big difference though.
Pages:
Jump to: