Pages:
Author

Topic: What You Need To Know To Get FREE Bitcoin Gold During The Fork. - page 5. (Read 16067 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
Activity: 294
Merit: 104
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
It is good to know that Bitcoin Gold is minable using CPU. Just like Bitcoin Cash I can have the same amount in my wallet. Thanks a lot for the information.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
I see a lot of written negative about the new Bitcoin Gold coin. I do not understand why such dislike. It seems that everyone should enjoy the opportunity to receive a free digital coin with a decent value. If someone does not like it, he can sell it and have a decent profit. Now there are a lot of crap coins, which then disappear after a while.
Activity: 277
Merit: 101
This a very educative information. I want to know what you mean by desktop wallet. Is it the normal blockchain.info wallet that we all know or is it another type of wallet?

Desktop Wallets are wallets that download to the desktop of your computer, such as:

https://electrum.org (Bitcoin)

https://www.exodus.io/ (Bitcoin and some Altcoins)

I like and use both of these desktop Wallets Smiley
You control private keys with both and both are eligible for the fork snapshot..
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
Alts price crash  Angry Free Bitcoin Gold is tempting for All
Activity: 1190
Merit: 256
A very nice piece of information.
But during the last fork that resulted to BitcoinCash, I had some units of BTC on my wallet.
After the fork, I got equivalent amount of BCC as the BTC I had. Am just thinking if that would be the case with this one too, or am I wrong?
Activity: 612
Merit: 250
I dont trust this BitcoinGold. This could be another distraction concocted by the Chinese miners to divide the community again. They are going to divide and conquer to get the real prize. BTC.
I think no one does because all the people love to invest in the bitcoin and they are waiting for the high profit from it. The gold won’t be able to give the people what they want and what they are searching for. It is the good and the safe process to invest your money in the bitcoin and the price will he high in the coming 5 years you will be the milliner.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
 This a very educative information. I want to know what you mean by desktop wallet. Is it the normal blockchain.info wallet that we all know or is it another type of wallet?
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Thanks for this man, i really have been having this questions inside my head for quite some time now. Because I didn’t wanna miss out again like what happened last time with BCH. I mean, who doesn’t want free money? I was just afraid to post questions like those because i was afraid of being bashed. :/
So thanks a lot for this man. Really appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
You should be telling people to hold their keys on any full validating node wallet. I dont care if it's Bitcoin Core, Bitcoin Knots, or Armory, but use a full validating node so you know exactly from what chain you are transacting so you just have to be sure of on what chain you are transacting to. I would recommend to stick to Bitcoin Core to not confuse newbies with other compatible lesser known wallets.

So get your coins off Coinbase or whatever shithole you are holding your coins at, put them into Bitcoin Core's wallet and wait for 25th to arrive. You have enough time to sync your node so I don't want no complains later if you don't do your homework now while you can.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Have any of the exchanges announced support for gold?    With BCH I was trading on day one because Kraken supported and gave coins immediately after the fork so I left some on exchange.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
Great advice, does anyone know the approximate time of the bitcoin gold fork?

Fork will be at Block 494,784. This will probably be in 3,5 weeks.
I guess the most important Point is to not leave coins on any exchanges/online wallets.
And to move funds to another address.. to be prepared against replay-attacks
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Thank you so much OP for this thread. I find this very helpful. Anyway, will bitcoin gold also have the same fate as bitcoin cash? Wherein, the price will rise upon inception but will eventually fall?
I think that Bitcoin gold might not gain the same momentum as Bitcoin Cash did, I would expect a lower price than Bitcoin Cash.
Could be wrong of course, but I personally thin that these two coins will fall into obscurity after a few months.

It's kinda surprising that Bitcoin Cash is still being traded at such a high volume though.
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
I dont trust this BitcoinGold. This could be another distraction concocted by the Chinese miners to divide the community again. They are going to divide and conquer to get the real prize. BTC.
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
During the first bifurcation 1 August, I didn't do anything. I keep all my bitcoins in electronic wallets. Two days I didn't do transaction until I saw the forum post that everything was normal and the transactions run without problems. I see no reason to change tactics now.
Activity: 476
Merit: 124
Thank you so much OP for this thread. I find this very helpful. Anyway, will bitcoin gold also have the same fate as bitcoin cash? Wherein, the price will rise upon inception but will eventually fall?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
what if i have "all" my BTC in an exchanger? what will happen? if the exchanger will not support it it means i wont get any btc gold? (still don't understand why the need of a second fork)

Don't leave it on an exchange. You don't own your private keys on an exchange.
So if the exchange decides to keep your bitcoin gold, they can.

Transfer bitcoins out to a wallet you own like electrum.
Pages:
Jump to: