Pages:
Author

Topic: What You Need To Know To Get FREE Bitcoin Gold During The Fork. - page 7. (Read 16067 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Great advice, does anyone know the approximate time of the bitcoin gold fork?
Activity: 1260
Merit: 524
I think nothing is new and same old procedure to be used to claim this new hardfork coin and same safety measures to be taken to first safe your bitcoins and then claim the new bitcoin gold. But in this also first wait for some days and get cleared that the new wallets for bitcoin gold are clear and safe, like not controlled by the hackers who stole the private keys when their wallets are downloaded.
Activity: 16
Merit: 3
Holy telepathy, Batman!...

You guessed my password no sweating!
Activity: 406
Merit: 107
If I bitkoyntov no, how do I bitcoin to gold.
it can be produce?
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
I can not find anything on a search engine about bitcoin gold
side note: Just recognizing your name, you should try Chromium >60 to access that site. They messed up on some upgrade, cutting of several widely used browser types.

Back on track ... gold ... right ... well, "true gold" suffers from huge spread when you try to move it back into paper money. "prefer the hub/spoke reserve currency" exactly leads to the same condition. High fees. And as a result buying pizza ain't be done using gold nuggets.
People will stick with the cheaper money featuring the lower fees. Market rules, it is the economy. Now we will be getting one fork after another sticked up into our behind sides, devil style. Will never end, until Bitcoin fees get as low again as they always have been before.
Activity: 196
Merit: 15
Dont sell your bitcoin cash what are you going to do put it into cash? No
Just hold it for a few years you will see
Activity: 812
Merit: 124
Just like Bitcoin Cash: I trust no fork-wallet at all! Solution to cash out anyway: move your real Bitcoins first, then install the wallet inside a virtual machine (or if your balance is worth it: a dedicated laptop), and send them to an exchange. Or, if you're into that, just keep'm.
In the last fork i moved my bct on freebitco.in and they gave me btc for the ammount of bitcoin cahs i was about to recieve.
So maybe the best thing is to just move your coins to freebitco.in and get repaid for the amount of btc gold you would suppose to recieve. If they are doing this again of course...
Activity: 812
Merit: 124
I dont know why people are complaining, these means that there is going to be a new coin available for you to sell and get more bitcoins in return of that. Isnt this a fun way to make money? If you ask me, i want a fork everyday Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
As most or at least some of you know, Bitcoin is (again) forking.
Bitcoin isn't forking, someone is creating a Forkcoin. It's a crucial difference that can instantly stop all FUD.

There is a general consensus that this will be the date that the block 494,784 will be mined.
Why not make it an even block 500,000 ? I love round numbers!

I would wait until late Nov to find a Bitcoin Gold wallet to transfer to because there will inevitably be fake, scam, poorly run wallets that may expose you to losing your Bitcoin via the private key.  Take you time to find a trusted wallet.
Just like Bitcoin Cash: I trust no fork-wallet at all! Solution to cash out anyway: move your real Bitcoins first, then install the wallet inside a virtual machine (or if your balance is worth it: a dedicated laptop), and send them to an exchange. Or, if you're into that, just keep'm.

Forks are terrible if you use paper wallets, it's extra work for something that's supposed to be long-term storage. I haven't even sold all my Bitcoin Cash yet, but if it drops just a bit more, it's not even worth it anymore.
Activity: 196
Merit: 15
I can not find anything on a search engine about bitcoin gold
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
No matter what they're forking the real bitcoin is BTC and this will never change. Some has to understand this reality and give up their useless chain splits. Nobody shall change BTC's fortune.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie

Who is behind Bitcoin Gold?
This is the first time I am hearing such a thing.

I guess 2017 will be known for its multiple chain attacks against Consensus?

Well it's already known for this, so why not just amplify it to the point so that we have multiple people trying to split off from the REAL Bitcoin.

Seriously, I don't understand why people are doing this again. Bitcoin Cash didn't work, and won't work. Right now it's just a traded coin. This coin is going to be even more shit then Bitcoin Cash, which crazily enough amassed an insane amount of Market Cap. People have to get on the train that Bitcoin is going to be it, there will be some trading coins but they're never going to be gaining any real usage traction.

Stay with Bitcoin and you'll be fine.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
extra advice to add..

after the snapshot date.
move the coins. so that the bitcoins are no longer on private key of (ops eg:)"123456789qwertyuiop" using a bitcoin wallet.
so that while the bitcoin gold still has coins on that (ops eg:)"123456789qwertyuiop". you no longer have them on the same privkey on the bitcoin side to worry about any cross over

then.. knowing the bitcoin gold snapshot has coins on private key of "123456789qwertyuiop".
your then safer to import privkey into a bitcoingold wallet without worry of some hacker/middleman attack taking your privkey to empty your bitcoin stash..

personal note..
i prefer to think of core as the bitcoin gold altcoin. or just naming it segwit as they do NOT want it used as a peer-to-peer currency, they prefer the hub/spoke reserve currency. much like how gold transactions occur.

but then again core have always been screwed up with their buzzwords/ bait and switches and twisting the truth
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Who is behind Bitcoin Gold?
This is the first time I am hearing such a thing.

I guess 2017 will be known for its multiple chain attacks against Consensus?

The best part of all this is that no one will be proven to be correct at the end.
All parties are wrong and these current actions contradict the system we
participate in. The positioning is ultimately worthless, IMO.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Hey guys and girls -

Thanks for all the private messages, sorry if I have not been able to get back to you yet, Ill try to do my best to answer everyone's questions. 

ON TO THE FORK:

As most or at least some of you know, Bitcoin is (again) forking.  There are TONS of articles out there on what, why and when.  But I see a lot of people unsure about what they need to do to be able to get this new Bitcoin Gold and what it means for Bitcoin.

Without further adio' here are answers to the most common questions Ive been asked:

1.  When is this fork?

The actual fork is Oct 25th -ish.  There is a general consensus that this will be the date that the block 494,784 will be mined.

2.  What the hell and why is there another fork?
The idea is that this will make the new fork minable by "normal" computers and generally be a faster, (less fees) version of Bitcoin. 

3. If Bitcoin isnt owned by someone, who decided to "fork it"

Anyone can fork Bitcoin, BUUUUUT the new chain will only have value if the community decided to mine and use it. 

4. How do I get some of this new FREE money called Bitcoin Gold?
Follow these steps:
1. If you have Bitcoin on an Coinbase or any other purchasing/exchange platform - MOVE IT.
2. Move it by, creating a desktop wallet for your Bitcoin and transfer the coins to that wallet.
3. Do nothing. Yep. Nada.  Here is where people get confused. 
4. IF YOU control the private key for your Bitcoin via a desktop wallet then YOU will have Bitcoin Gold in equal amounts.

5.  Wait, so how do I get this Bitcoin Gold, do I need a special wallet, how do I find the Gold?
Lets say you now put your Bitcoin into your desktop Wallet with a private key of "123456789qwertyuiop".  That key allows you to log in and view that BITCOIN.   Now you wont see the Bitcoin Gold in that wallet because it likely does not (yet) support the Bitcoin Gold chain.  You now have 2 options to "FIND" your Bitcoin Gold.  Option 1 is to FIND a Wallet that supports Bitcoin Gold (likely after Nov 1st).  Download the NEW Bitcoin GOLD Wallet and use the same private key "123456789qwertyuiop" you use to access Bitcoin, to access the Bitcoin Gold.  The NEW Bitcoin Gold will appear in your Bitcoin Gold enabled wallet. 

FINAL THOUGHTS:

There is NO rush to get your Bitcoin Gold so long as you have Bitcoin stored on a hardware, paper or desktop wallet where you control the private key before the snapshot Oct 25th.

I would wait until late Nov to find a Bitcoin Gold wallet to transfer to because there will inevitably be fake, scam, poorly run wallets that may expose you to losing your Bitcoin via the private key.  Take you time to find a trusted wallet.

Cheers and happy investing!

Pages:
Jump to: