Pages:
Author

Topic: Whatever happened to Bitcoin Affiliate Network? - page 4. (Read 23639 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
11 days is an incredibly short test.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
"The biggest issue with BAN is that they are hiding where the extra 10% is coming from.
Why do people hide things unless they don't want people to know it."

Disclaimer:  (I really have no knowledge if the pool is profitable or not).

Yes you do, because they "claim" to pay you 10% extra - that means they are making a loss on every block they payout on.....

Think about it.

Just something for the p2 pool trolls to think about Smiley   loves to know why the p2 pool payouts are over 40 percent down on a rigs expected earn Smiley

Just something interesting for the p2 trolls that float by has done a 11 day test here BAN vs P2 pool

And well the results speak for themselves.....

Mining on 820 gh on both pools

The p2 pool paid out a grand total of   0.06576185  for 11 days so the div by 11 = 0.00597835 btc a day on avg
The mining was done on the following BTC address 14hK4PKZyisS5HECapW9jmmUfuMRt4D9o3 and all payouts from the 5th to the 16th can be traced back through the block chain to P2 blocks etc.    The mining rig was parked on the following node and still is atm http://203.219.14.204:9332  But after this little test it will NOT be on the P2 network for much longer as the earnings were down by over 40 percent on the rigs expected earn Smiley  With this I can go back even further with the data to the 30 oct when I 1st hit the p2 pool and it even worst the payout numbers as the rig got through it 1st couple days to charge up the PPLNS.. (so 16 days worth of data)

BAN paid 0.125996332 for the 11 days an avg of 0.011454212 a day

the expected earn for 820 g is 0.01041292 btc a day

I think results speak for themselves and the P2 users may want to look very close at their payouts and compare them to other pools before shooting off in other pools threads in future and make sure their own pool backyard is paying users out correct to their expected rigs earnings before shooting off and NOT 40 percent DOWN on it Smiley   As this was a very surprising result to see how far off the actual payout VS the expected was OUT

Just for people that do not know P2 uses a PPLNS payout plan for payments

Have fun trolls explaining how the p2 pool payouts balance out over time as this was no means a short test...  Smiley and here are these clowns trying to label BAN a scam lol...    I would say a pool that paying 40 percent lower than a rigs expected earn is a scam Smiley  As and be highlighted by some research on the above btc address and node and the P2 pool block hits Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
I'm mining there and payouts are pretty regular and above what I would earn on average from slush's and ghash.io pools so very happy, long may it last Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
"The biggest issue with BAN is that they are hiding where the extra 10% is coming from.

Yes you do, because they "claim" to pay you 10% extra - that means they are making a loss on every block they payout on.....

Think about it.

No I can not answer that as I believe the pool controls a large part if not the majority of the hashing power. But as a PPS pool  I really don't care.
Um, of course you cannot answer that, you are not s0br ...

However, anyone ignoring all the FUD about BAN, and not mathematically challenged, can clearly see that it is a loss and thus the pool cannot continue it forever.
It is also statistically proven that a PPS pool cannot even continue 0% bonus payouts forever Cheesy

However anyone that is not mentally challenged can read what  s0br posted over 3 months ago https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/miningbitcoinaffiliatenetworkcom-0-pps-1-hour-or-higher-payout-interval-722202  that the bonus was only temporary until the pool hit 5Th. I also don't remember him ever saying that the pool will never charge a fee?  But on that first page /post he made, it also says "This pool is intended to be a free service for a new company we're launching in the Fall and will be promoting soon. " so just maybe the pool is intented to not be a profit maker in itself but a service for something else that will make more money than any pool can.

And of coarse I can not answer about the pools profitability as I can not answer that about any of the other pools. I have not seen anyone question Slush, BTC Guild or the others if they are profitable or not?
You don't need to question Slush or BTC Guild - unless you are mathematically challenged - they already say how much of the pool income they keep - it's not 0% ... or -10% like BAN
You can even work out from their payout schemes what income will be, that you'd then have to remove running costs and 'other' costs but those aren't known.
Running costs and 'other' costs have to come from somewhere ...
I see on the 'new' thread there is listed 26 BAN servers ... wow that sounds like high running costs ...

So me being mentally challenged, I guess this 'new' thread below is just him spamming the pools forum making multiple pool threads so I can ask one of the mods to delete it and merge it back into that other thread that I've only posted in once coz someone linked my cgminer S1 binary release in there?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitaffnet-how-were-the-1-bitcoin-mining-pool-in-the-world-or-so-we-thought-854368
As hard as it maybe for some here to understand, sometimes a persons success is not measured in dollars and just maybe not everyone is trying to earn a living off their mining pool. As far as asking the mods to do much, the forums seem to have a different standard depending on who you are or which mod you talk to. I don't see the new thread as spamming as the other thread is locked but you do what ever you think needs to be done. There are plenty of scam accusations posted on BAN's thread by someone that already has his own scam thread for him and the lynch mob to post in but I guess it's ok to harass and make false accusations and the mods just let it go on even tho it's off topic for the thread.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Think about it.

No I can not answer that as I believe the pool controls a large part if not the majority of the hashing power. But as a PPS pool  I really don't care.

However, anyone ignoring all the FUD about BAN, and not mathematically challenged, can clearly see that it is a loss and thus the pool cannot continue it forever.
It is also statistically proven that a PPS pool cannot even continue 0% bonus payouts forever Cheesy

However anyone that is not mentally challenged can read what  s0br posted over 3 months ago https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/miningbitcoinaffiliatenetworkcom-0-pps-1-hour-or-higher-payout-interval-722202  that the bonus was only temporary until the pool hit 5Th. I also don't remember him ever saying that the pool will never charge a fee?  But on that first page /post he made, it also says "This pool is intended to be a free service for a new company we're launching in the Fall and will be promoting soon. " so just maybe the pool is intented to not be a profit maker in itself but a service for something else that will make more money than any pool can.

And of coarse I can not answer about the pools profitability as I can not answer that about any of the other pools. I have not seen anyone question Slush, BTC Guild or the others if they are profitable or not?
You don't need to question Slush or BTC Guild - unless you are mathematically challenged - they already say how much of the pool income they keep - it's not 0% ... or -10% like BAN
You can even work out from their payout schemes what income will be, that you'd then have to remove running costs and 'other' costs but those aren't known.
Running costs and 'other' costs have to come from somewhere ...
I see on the 'new' thread there is listed 26 BAN servers ... wow that sounds like high running costs ...

So me being mentally challenged, I guess this 'new' thread below is just him spamming the pools forum making multiple pool threads so I can ask one of the mods to delete it and merge it back into that other thread that I've only posted in once coz someone linked my cgminer S1 binary release in there?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitaffnet-how-were-the-1-bitcoin-mining-pool-in-the-world-or-so-we-thought-854368
legendary

Think about it.

legendary

Think about it.

legendary

s0br has let it be known, even back when the amount was 25% that he pays it himself. He has bought BTC to cover what the pool does not cover with found blocks. I was once on the chat with him and he thought he had misplace some coins ( like 2 blocks worth) only to find out a day later when he sent out a pool email that his wallet had been compromised. Even thru trials like that the man has always paid and i have a feeling he is well funded. At the beginning he was doing it all himself and found out it may have been a bigger task than he thought but with so many miners here for the "hobby" and mining at a loss why is it so hard to believe someone wants to build a pool that he can use himself even if it is not a financial positive cash flow at this time?
OK, so he pays it out of his pocket.
Good, that would clear it up ... if he actually said it, not someone else.

I would expect that the official forum thread for the pool that goes on about transparency would also say that.
There have been posts on the forum making all sorts of comments about where it comes from but none in the official forum thread, by him.
Clarifiying it in the official forum thread in the first post ... where he claims that the pool is the most transparent ... would obviously be very appropriate.
legendary

Disclaimer:  (I really have no knowledge if the pool is profitable or not).

Think about it.

No I can not answer that as I believe the pool controls a large part if not the majority of the hashing power. But as a PPS pool  I really don't care.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

Think about it.
legendary

s0br has let it be known, even back when the amount was 25% that he pays it himself. He has bought BTC to cover what the pool does not cover with found blocks. I was once on the chat with him and he thought he had misplace some coins ( like 2 blocks worth) only to find out a day later when he sent out a pool email that his wallet had been compromised. Even thru trials like that the man has always paid and i have a feeling he is well funded. At the beginning he was doing it all himself and found out it may have been a bigger task than he thought but with so many miners here for the "hobby" and mining at a loss why is it so hard to believe someone wants to build a pool that he can use himself even if it is not a financial positive cash flow at this time?
legendary
PPLNS pools are straight up scams from the get go, they have pool owner profit on the mind and nothing else, to say I have a PPLNS pool you may as well say i want you to mine for me and only get rewarded a tiny portion of what you actually put in. All these other mining strategies have nothing but pool profit worked in, no has ever sat down at the drawing table and said how can I run a pool that is fair to my members and profitable to me at the same time ...UNTIL Bitcoin Affiliate. There are only 2 fair paying pools PPS Pay Per Share and PPP Pay Per Proportion anything other than this is not as profitable for the miners as it should be, but is extremely profitable for the pool owners.

Lets be business economics honest, how much cost do you really have in running a good pool. You can start out cheap maybe 40-60 bucks a month for a VPS and 100 bucks a year for a website domain. A lot of coding you need is already opensource anyways so you just need to put it all together. so an upfront few BTC or cash to have a good coder put it all together. You can even go the cheap lazy route and get some cloudfare security, another small cost but may be beneficial.  So in a sense you can have roughly 70-80 bucks a month for the necessities. 0.25BTC max. As your pool grows and you begin to bring in profits you will need to upgrade to the next level servers and then begin to add support  people to help you with customer support.  

Is it that easy NO easier said than done but I am just putting the facts out there.
Except your "facts" include some complete and utter rubbish.
Either you are simply confused and do not understand pool payout methods or you are lying for some bazaar reason.

The actual payout "method" has nothing at all to do with the % of pool owners profit.
Read that again:
The actual payout "method" has nothing at all to do with the % of pool owners profit.

I run a PPLNS pool and each block I receive I payout 99.1% of the total block value.
The fact that I say and do payout 99.1% of the total block means ... guess what? ... I make 0.9% of the reward.
How the fuck is that 40%?
Seriously go learn some elementary school maths.

Prop pools are the worst pools of all since they mean that long term miners will make less per share that short term miners who hop the pool.

On a PPS pool, the amount paid out depends on the PPS rate - most pools that used to use PPS would charge a high % fee (4%-7%) because PPS is a high risk payment scheme and proven statistically that the pool should eventually run out of money.

The biggest issue with BAN is that they are hiding where the extra 10% is coming from.
Why do people hide things unless they don't want people to know it.
Also note a rather glaring issue "hiding details" doesn't at all equal "transparency" Tongue

Seriously can you stop posting this rubbish and learn about pools and payouts.

Your post above is simply making a fool of yourself due to it's ridiculous inaccuracies.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
PPLNS is taking 40% from the blocks, even the zero fee PPLNS pools which pay out all income from the blocks?

I'll try to focus on the positives. Thank you for making this your final post.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
This will be my last post in here....

Good. Thanks.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 502
I'm not trying to lynch anyone or bash other pools.

I'm saying that it is OK to ask questions if someone pays you 10% more than what you're selling is worth. Just like it's OK to ask questions if someone pays you a 7% weekly profit on your "investment". A lot more people should have asked questions about Bitcoin Savings and Trust.

Personal insults and name calling as a response is not ok.

Hand-waving and non-sensical arguments designed to cause confusion is not an answer. We've seen that before, usually from scammers.

I'm not saying BAN is a scam. I don't know much about it, personally. Maybe they are operating at a big loss in the beginning to get their pool off the ground and will charge fees later. Maybe cyberpinoy is a puppet account of someone trying to make BAN look like a scam. Who knows.

I'm objecting to the behavior of some people in this thread, and arguments that make no sense whatsoever. If that means I'm in a lynch mob I'll have to get some rope.

No i am not a puppet

I call them like I see them, I am a loyal miner at this pool. My loyalty is not earned easily. You made some FUD arguments about a pool "you dont know much about" then you and your friends get all bent out of shape when a loyal miner there puts you in your place. Altho you may be a good software writer it seems you lack the most basic knowledge on business economics. Just because someone runs a pool that is not scandelous and profitable only for the pool owners does not make them a scam, just because you dont understand his business structure does not make it non-profitable. I watched this man, and have been watching this pool very closely for a long time now and to be honest I have done the behind the scenes numbers of what i think he may be doing and to be honest, in my opinion, its genius. Where other pools are unethically doing things to try their best to fill their pockets with as much BTC as possible and underpay the people mining for them, he has found a way to fairly pay his members  and still make a pretty nice profit.

As a respected mining software developer I would expect more from you, Software writers need the ability to always be open minded and think outside of the box. Its sad to see and say but the Owner of Bitcoin Affiliate has seemingly done something no one else so far has been able to do. Run a  fair and profitable pool.

PPLNS pools are straight up scams from the get go, they have pool owner profit on the mind and nothing else, to say I have a PPLNS pool you may as well say i want you to mine for me and only get rewarded a tiny portion of what you actually put in. All these other mining strategies have nothing but pool profit worked in, no has ever sat down at the drawing table and said how can I run a pool that is fair to my members and profitable to me at the same time ...UNTIL Bitcoin Affiliate. There are only 2 fair paying pools PPS Pay Per Share and PPP Pay Per Proportion anything other than this is not as profitable for the miners as it should be, but is extremely profitable for the pool owners.

Lets be business economics honest, how much cost do you really have in running a good pool. You can start out cheap maybe 40-60 bucks a month for a VPS and 100 bucks a year for a website domain. A lot of coding you need is already opensource anyways so you just need to put it all together. so an upfront few BTC or cash to have a good coder put it all together. You can even go the cheap lazy route and get some cloudfare security, another small cost but may be beneficial.  So in a sense you can have roughly 70-80 bucks a month for the necessities. 0.25BTC max. As your pool grows and you begin to bring in profits you will need to upgrade to the next level servers and then begin to add support  people to help you with customer support.  

Is it that easy NO easier said than done but I am just putting the facts out there.

So tell me respected leader in pools and software developments what is the real need for any pool to have to make 40% or more of the BTC per block mined in order to be a truly profitable pool? Is there really a need to make that much while that pool sticks it to the miners actually getting them that profit. Like Ghash.io the biggest scammer pool of the BTC industry history.
If you did in fact know more abut the pool you raised the false FUD about a lot of the stuff you dont understand and dont know about would be answered.

For a respected man in this industry and an opinion others seem to cherish, maybe you should not comment on a pool "you dont know much about" with bashing and FUD posts.

Just my 2 cents  Smiley

@cyberpinoy: Assuming someone who has a relatively new account to be a "stupid noob", as you so eloquently put it, is fool hardy & reckless. I am heavily involved in Bitcoin & the mining scene & have been for some years now - my choosing to open an account at bitcointalk recently does not make me any less experienced, nor does it mean that I can be considered a target for insults from members simply because they have had an account here for a longer period than me, especially when all I have done is stated facts that you obviously don't like to read, for whatever reason.

I don't post very often, only when I feel strongly enough about something to do so, & the antics of BitcoinAffiliateNetwork (BAN) - it's owner, it's admin, it's methods, it's complete lack of transparency, it's lies &  it's many posts of hatred from fake user accounts against any user who questions it's feasibility/honesty is such an occasion.

Mine with them if you want, nobody is stopping you. But don't expect concerned members to stop questioning their behaviour by simply throwing insults at them - on the contrary - it will only make them more determined to get to the truth, much of which has already been exposed in their scam thread.

I love members like you who always talk about how "heavily involved" they are in the bitcoin industry so i will respond first with a few questions,

Bitcoin Industry questions:
What is the website address of your Bitcoin Merchant site where we can buy absolutely anything with bitcoins cheaper than we can at the local walmart?

What item are you using that can only be purchased with Bitcoins and nothing else?

What is the address to your bitcoin auction site?

What is the address to the game you have that uses bitcoins as its games digital currency?

What is the address of your mining pool?

What is the address of your coin exchange?

Mining industry questions:
How many solar panels are you running on your mine?

What inverter are you using on the panels for your mine?

Are you using a charge controller on your solar system for your miners?

What type of wind turbine are you using in your mine?

What design have you used in your mine to maximize airflow and separate the hot exhaust from the cold intake?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now tell me again exactly how heavily involved you are with bitcoins and the mining industry again?

Now that the sarcasim and defense has been vented let me move on to your post in a more open minded way,

Please dont tell me the lies you are talking abut is those stupid s3s still. For god sake how many times must this community kick this dead horse. the proof of shipments was given this community refuses to accept the proof, not the owner or admins fault, the pictures have been taken about payouts and this community refuses to accept that, what proof do you people need if pictures and tracking numbers I saw provided in other posts are not enough? There is nothing wrong with the owner or the admins. I can probably say much like you are seeing from me, the loyal members who know better are just sick of the FUD and bullcrap this community continues to push. and much like you  (altho i talk a lot more) when I see a line of crap hanging out there i will not hesitate to put one in his place, and to be honest I dont care if its Dr whoever he is or Satoshi Nakamoto himself, if you say something that is not warranted I will defend what i know to be correct.

Now aside from your post let me just mention I am seeing a nice clan forming in this thread, I find it funny how all these well respected men in this industry seemingly are acting like a bunch of school girls fighting in the bathroom but doing so in the most professional way they possibly can. Talk about transparency HAHAHA look in the mirror some of you and point the finger to yourselves.

This will be my last post in here so dont bother rebutting me I dont care about your opinion of me or the pool I mine in, I make more on BAN than any other pool I have tried, I have tried many trust me and test regularly. So dont waste your time responding to me in this thread cause I wont be checking its status, you guys are seemingly tied together like a bunch of wallstreet brats in a certain and purposeful determined way to trash and bash this pool for whatever reason you have, so go on, I will keep reaping the rewards you are to foolish to accept right now. The great thing abut mining is when you own the machines you can point them absolutely anywhere you want to get a rough idea of a payout, when you own enough machines you can point them everywhere and find true honest results and profits per pool. When you dont have any or enough machines you can guess and make FUD. I chose to have the machines I need to make educated tests with facts and honest mining results and thus where my responses come from Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I'm glad to see people like Dr. Haribo in this thread, educating the masses and questioning what is surely a questionable enterprise.

Now, what's happening with BAN's scheme to exploit BTC and mine more than it's proper share? Wasn't that the whole reason why they said they could afford to pay more?
legendary

I'm saying that it is OK to ask questions if someone pays you 10% more than what you're selling is worth. Just like it's OK to ask questions if someone pays you a 7% weekly profit on your "investment". A lot more people should have asked questions about Bitcoin Savings and Trust.

Hand-waving and non-sensical arguments designed to cause confusion is not an answer. We've seen that before, usually from scammers.

I'm not saying BAN is a scam. I don't know much about it, personally. Maybe they are operating at a big loss in the beginning to get their pool off the ground and will charge fees later. Maybe cyberpinoy is a puppet account of someone trying to make BAN look like a scam. Who knows.

I'm objecting to the behavior of some people in this thread, and arguments that make no sense whatsoever. If that means I'm in a lynch mob I'll have to get some rope.

Thank you for the response and the lynch mob remark was not directed at you in particular but as a whole not only here but on the other couple of threads dealing with this pool. I had many questions about the pool and pulled my miners many times when I still was trying to figure out if it was for real also. Right now the pool is at 9 hours+ on paying out even tho my payout is set at 2 hours. This is the first time in about a week that its been late and a few months ago I would have switched pools but I am not as fast to move miners anymore. Anyways in a short while my miners will be pointed back to CK solo pool and I will only come back to BAN if the price of BTC warrants it. As I rather take a chance on solo mining than just turn the miners off and let them sit on the shelf. ( I am thankful to all that can carry a civil conversation on here even if their views differ)
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts

legendary
I have watch a lynch mob come after this pool for the S3 giveaway and then over how much it pays out. It's funny as I have never seen this type of response when two very respected people on these forums ( Kano and Luke-Jr.) went at it over alleged  improprieties with Eligius Pool? (And when other pools had questionable  things happen and never addressed) I find it funny when other pool operators want to bash another pool as you know they have no reason to ever mine there in the first place.  Also there is one pool operator which I hold in high astiem which I have never seen question anything about this pool yet have seen him answer many questions on other pool threads.  I really am not looking to bash anyone or feel the need to defend why I mine at any pool or defend this pool, just these are my random thoughts.

Edit: without going back thru the old posts please forgive me if Kano was directing his allegations  about Eligius at Wizkid and not Luke. I may still be thinking back when Kano and Luke would go at each other over which had the better programs for mining.
Pages:
Jump to: