Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 104. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Its not stopping nor restraining its about ignorance of people to cryptocurrency. If I dont know something like that exist, how can I disagree in to it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
we aren't getting paid in bitcoin and nowhere to spend outside or even on the internet.
There are plenty of places and sites you can spend your bitcoins at, You can also exchange USD to BTC or viceversa very easily so I don't think it is that too.

many people don't know enough about bitcoin and crypto currencies generally, or may be they have wrong ideas about this currencies. That's why they don't use bitcoin usually.
Activity: 126
we aren't getting paid in bitcoin and nowhere to spend outside or even on the internet.
There are plenty of places and sites you can spend your bitcoins at, You can also exchange USD to BTC or viceversa very easily so I don't think it is that too.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
The media  avoid talk about bitcoin ,because wanting something to be banned always will make the people act in the reverse,soo they talk about bitcoin in a while trying to get it as bad business or black market or even ilegal stuffs .People dont know what is it and only see a chart up and down ,and when they see the 1000 dollars and the hit it has they get scared on the same moment.

Lose all of my bits And lose interest with bitcoin. Might wanna quit bitcoin but i cant. If i quit i dont have any entertainment on internet.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
The media  avoid talk about bitcoin ,because wanting something to be banned always will make the people act in the reverse,soo they talk about bitcoin in a while trying to get it as bad business or black market or even ilegal stuffs .People dont know what is it and only see a chart up and down ,and when they see the 1000 dollars and the hit it has they get scared on the same moment.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
People are influenced by press and media and if they listen anything negative about it they start assuming that bicoin is not good and used for bad activities.

In the internet, we almost don't listen to news..Most of those who wants to earn from the internet, they tend to try anything that promises a reward.. Many people says that they earn from bitcoin, so mostly, that's what a reader would believe..

Yes but people who don't spend time on internet will surely listen to the people around them, and I think they feel that bitcoin is very new and will not survive in future.

People believe the statements put forth by the media. Media don't go in depth, they give news based on the overall survival of cryptcurrencies. This only generates negative impact on bitcoins.
thats true, it might be the impact of banks on the media that they try to make bitcoin go extinct and they want people use it as less as possible

to be honest nothing stops them only people themselves might think that it is not worth trying or they might be afraid of new technologies
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
People are influenced by press and media and if they listen anything negative about it they start assuming that bicoin is not good and used for bad activities.

In the internet, we almost don't listen to news..Most of those who wants to earn from the internet, they tend to try anything that promises a reward.. Many people says that they earn from bitcoin, so mostly, that's what a reader would believe..

Yes but people who don't spend time on internet will surely listen to the people around them, and I think they feel that bitcoin is very new and will not survive in future.

People believe the statements put forth by the media. Media don't go in depth, they give news based on the overall survival of cryptcurrencies. This only generates negative impact on bitcoins.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
Like what you have said, the price. Even though it is more stable than before, it is not as stable as most currencies.

Another issue is that people do not know how Bitcoin works and are afraid to start using it. To be honest, as a Hero Member, I still do not know how the Bitcoin and the Blockchain work fully. I understand part of it but there is still doubts here and there.

Whatever, I am using Bitcoin because I believe in like technology. With that being said, one need to like technology before they will risk investing in Bitcoin.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!

Activity: 182
We cannot spend directly to buy anything and many people are still not aware about the bitcoins and that is the reason they hesitate in using it.

you are right my friend, still here are also same problems nobody no about bitcoin what is bitcoin? and how are using it? and somebody know it, they are also don't want to spread about it. If somebody will aware about bitcoin and they want to use it then where they will use its, nobody are excepting its.   
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Lick me like a lolipop
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
i think people dont realize how important bitcoin and other innovative things like ethereum is to humanity.

once they figure out, they will start using it faster

hmmm humans need food, water, shelter and heat, once they finally figure this out, technology and crypto will die Smiley you were not born to pay bills and die Smiley
Activity: 994
There is some false lies and false infos about Bitcoin make many people stopping from using Bitcoin nowadays, for example they think it's just a "virtual" currency and couldn't be real money which is wrong of course

The media labels Bitcoin as being the "deep web" currency. I think that image is the main reason for the average person to hold back on giving Bitcoin a fair chance.

Indeed, I think its because the media is talking pretty bad about the bitcoin itself, the most people think the bitcoin is very bad because its used by criminals.
The fact is that every currency is used by criminals so it should not be a reason to stop them from using, but it is...
The last thing I can think about is that its digital, people are thinking its too difficult to do.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
Thank satoshi

there are many services on the internet that accepts bitcoin and some stores in some countries also accept bitcoins. so what you're saying is not entirely correct.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1102
We cannot spend directly to buy anything and many people are still not aware about the bitcoins and that is the reason they hesitate in using it.
Activity: 14
Activity: 42
i think people dont realize how important bitcoin and other innovative things like ethereum is to humanity.

once they figure out, they will start using it faster
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
There is some false lies and false infos about Bitcoin make many people stopping from using Bitcoin nowadays, for example they think it's just a "virtual" currency and couldn't be real money which is wrong of course

The media labels Bitcoin as being the "deep web" currency. I think that image is the main reason for the average person to hold back on giving Bitcoin a fair chance.
Activity: 756

That could really be a big reason for stopping people using bitcoin, the press and news always says bad things about bitcoin as i have heard it, not everywhere but in some countries, so people after seeing that starts thinking it is not good and safe and maybe it cannot be used as real money but they are wrong, and they will only come to know about it if they do a little research but they don't do it, they just skip it.
Jump to: