Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 102. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
They stop it only when they lost some money. And that is the only reason, because they are greedy they are going to sell it too early.
And that is quite bad. I hope later that there will be more people that is waiting for some good profit in the future.
Not necessary, Allot of people stopped and did not even start using bitcoin despite not making any losses from bitcoin, I think the majority still find it a difficult topic to understand.

I feel lack of knowledge stops using btc.....most of the people are not aware about btc so they are not joining here......rather than that  i dont think any strong reason which stops them from using this.....
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
They will stop using it, when they know that they are losing to much money with it or that the value will be down and that is not good.
You must have some patience in Bitcoin, otherwise you cant make some profit, so it is good to wait a long time to make some profit.

The problem in your sentence is that bitcoin is not describe as investment only to make a profit. It's similar in a fiat, the only difference is that they are in virtual. Don't make bitcoin as a way to buy and sell it. Bitcoin is not a product to be use in that way. If your perspective is like, "Oh I will sell it once it goes high". Bitcoin will never achieve the value we want. Because once you sell bitcoin, the demand of it fall down thus making the value of it decrease
Activity: 210
For me, its that nothing that I pay for accepts payments in Bitcoin yet (Gas, car insurance, electric bill, AT&T bill, etc.)
Also, another thing is, why pay 1% in transaction fees when you can get 1-5% cash back using your credit card?

That's the thing, if bitcoin is already popular. That's the time payment in bitcoin will be available. Now, who's going to take an effort to make the bitcoin popular? Isn't that we? Bitcoin communities, who's going to do it. If we keep on thinking on that way. How can we move on? How can you make bitcoin a possible payment worldwide and be known as a form of currency?

If your not okay with the fee. Think for those who mine the bitcoin. It's not about the percentage of the fee we're talking here. It's about the flexibility of the bitcoin currency to be use. Bitcoin has no middleman in any transaction, which is a good thing.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Well mostly the problem is that they do not even know the bitcoin itself, or its the point they already heard from it but this is mostly bad talk that they heard on the news so that is why they are not using it.
Another group is not using it because they find investing in it the bitcoin too risky.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Lot of people just know of bitcoin in a passive manner as that thing people bought drugs off the internet with.
Would hedge that a majority have never looked into how it works in any aspect other then maybe some one mentioning it in passing.
Bitcoin does not have a marketing department that helps push it into the masses like other products as well.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
They will stop using it, when they know that they are losing to much money with it or that the value will be down and that is not good.
You must have some patience in Bitcoin, otherwise you cant make some profit, so it is good to wait a long time to make some profit.
yes, the problem is on at stable prices. I guess a lot of people were disappointed, maybe they buy bitcoin bitcoin when the price is still very high so when the price drops they stop to use bitcoin
Activity: 260
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
The price fluctuations along with steep increase and decrease at times. Most alts has used the same technology and near to thousands of alts has failed.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046
I think maybe if someone is difficult to get bitcoin and just get some satoshi each week. and then he got a job or something else bigger. then he tried to leave.
Activity: 126
They stop it only when they lost some money. And that is the only reason, because they are greedy they are going to sell it too early.
And that is quite bad. I hope later that there will be more people that is waiting for some good profit in the future.
Not necessary, Allot of people stopped and did not even start using bitcoin despite not making any losses from bitcoin, I think the majority still find it a difficult topic to understand.
Activity: 322

They stop using it when they lose but only if they start using it, and the question is that what is the reason why people are not coming towards bitcoin, i guess this is the exact meaning of the question, and i think the biggest reason for this is that they are not aware of it or maybe not totally aware of it and its advantages they can have that is the reason why people are not using bitcoin yet.
Yes indeed. But many people are also going to stop it if it will be not more acceptable, because you cant spend it.
And that is very bad. If the value will be very low in the future, than there will be also another reason to stop with Bitcoin.
Activity: 756

They stop using it when they lose but only if they start using it, and the question is that what is the reason why people are not coming towards bitcoin, i guess this is the exact meaning of the question, and i think the biggest reason for this is that they are not aware of it or maybe not totally aware of it and its advantages they can have that is the reason why people are not using bitcoin yet.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
For me, its that nothing that I pay for accepts payments in Bitcoin yet (Gas, car insurance, electric bill, AT&T bill, etc.)
Also, another thing is, why pay 1% in transaction fees when you can get 1-5% cash back using your credit card?
You don't pay %1 unless you are doing micro-transactions "and you can do this in bulk if you want to save the fees", The cashback is from the fees the creditcards get and BTC is just 0.0001 BTC fee for miners...
I agree that BTC has a long way to go for getting globally accepted, if it does then BTC field as a whole would improve.
Activity: 128
You're asking a very complex question. This question can not be answered with a reason or two. There are many factors in play. Maybe Bitcoin is still too complex for some people. Besides, the majority are ignorant and closed-minded (change is hard to accept).

I completely agree, some people just don't have the mind and patients do become successful with Bitcoin. You have to be patient.
If you really like to make money you should be patient.   
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Activity: 169
Only few corporate are using and accepting bitcoin. When the corporate use increases automatically large number of people will adopt bitcoin. Now its the reason for avoiding bitcoin.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Activity: 182
Pollak
The only reason that they will stop is that they lost a lot of money. Than they will stop because they dont like it anymore.
But that is very bad, because there are greedy and that is not good, they are going to sell it to early and that is bad. They must wait when the value will be higher.
Activity: 518
I think people are stopping using Bitcoin because It can take a while before you can make some good money out of it.
Some people just have the patient. 
to be able to benefit from bitcoin You do not need to wait a long time. Siganture campaign as you only need a few posts to get free bitcoin. I think the reason they stopped is not like this mate
Activity: 532
Major adjustments such as this take time to go underway. The concept of online currency might still be pretty foreign to many people, and can seem complicated or untrustworthy, despite the statistics that prove otherwise.
many people say that using an online currency is very difficult although they have not tried they keep saying it.
bitcoin is the first online currency thats why bitcoin still not so trusted. but age bitcoin will continue to grow and thrive. bitcoin will prove highly trusted
Jump to: