Author

Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin? - page 110. (Read 202139 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 501
Another reason is that in order to buy something with bitcoins, you have to buy coins first.
So why buy the coins when you can buy the product you want to have directly.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 502
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Price Fluctuation is the major issue here, volatility is the major concern that people are staying away from bitcoins, if this issue is solved than we can see many new investors entering into the world of bitcoins.

I really agree with you. Price is the most giving affect why people stop using bitcoins. Like last year, when the price go really down around $200+, there are many people stop using bitcoins.

yes. that time so many people stopped using bitcoin. but when bitcoin price increased again and achieve 400$. then so many people started using bitcoin again also and so many poeple started bitcoin who didn't used it before. that's the good part of bitcoin I think.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Price Fluctuation is the major issue here, volatility is the major concern that people are staying away from bitcoins, if this issue is solved than we can see many new investors entering into the world of bitcoins.

I really agree with you. Price is the most giving affect why people stop using bitcoins. Like last year, when the price go really down around $200+, there are many people stop using bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

The price isn't fluctuating much at all. It is staying in the $400-430 range, and has done so since the start of the year. It's fluctuating less than the dollar or the yen or other major currencies.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I think the volatility is one of the reasonsa why mainstream adoption has not completely happened but the volatility is in part because of the way the people use the market and can't say completely it is not the fault of those using the market...
yeah because of fluctuations in the price of many people who are not interested in bitcoin. they call that fluctuations can halve your money. and you will lose. lol but traders favor it?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I think volatility and how the media covers it is one reason allot of people are not joining bitcoin, You all remember the news when bitcoin fall in value "Bitcoin losing half of it's value" etc etc... Also the lack of motivation to try something new, You need some new advantages to attract people I think.
It's good for btc to make it popular, if more people will be interested then more will use it. Even news like this better then nothing. At my opinion it's good for btc's
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
I think volatility and how the media covers it is one reason allot of people are not joining bitcoin, You all remember the news when bitcoin fall in value "Bitcoin losing half of it's value" etc etc... Also the lack of motivation to try something new, You need some new advantages to attract people I think.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
We don't need random eBay sellers accepting Bitcoin since usually this is instantly converted to FIAT, lowering Bitcoin's value and increasing volatility, we need people getting paid in Bitcoin so that sellers don't ditch it as soon as they get it.

That's not fair. At this growing level bitcoin surely need sellers accepting bitcoin in all firms, even if they convert instantly to fiat also, it won't impact much in price.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
We don't need random eBay sellers accepting Bitcoin since usually this is instantly converted to FIAT, lowering Bitcoin's value and increasing volatility, we need people getting paid in Bitcoin so that sellers don't ditch it as soon as they get it.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
These are bitcoin payment conditions from an ebay seller:

Due to ever changing prices and volatile nature, once you are ready to pay, you must message me and wait for my reply. Once I reply, you must reply back and state you are "ready" to immediately initiate transfer/payment, and I will send you the "locked" in rate and total due in coins, and will message you the correct wallet address to send coins to. Once you receive my message with amount due and wallet address, you will need to send coins within 10 minutes so transaction can be completed within 30 min total with confirmations. (otherwise, I reserve the right to adjust the amount due higher if market fluctuates.)

I do not want to complain about that seller. Because of the volatility he has to reduce his risks. But with such conditions only the most dedicated bitcoin user will use it.
Activity: 334
Merit: 100
probably very much the lack in ease of using BTC is one of the things preventing people from using it, now with a credit card you simply do not need to do anything but hold the card and pass it  in a scanner and the transaction gets completed while bitcoins require some effort more than that.
Activity: 297
IMO People must know and search about bitcoin to know about bitcoin seriously ,the same happen with the internet just some were able to use it before but after sometime it grown and became an important part of the people so I suppose it is a gradual process and would take time.
Activity: 339
Merit: 102
The lack of motivation probably, the motivation to completely change the financial world and how and what you consider money is not a small jump, allot of people would not do such a big move this easily.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 168
People need encouragement and big support to actually move from something they are so used to like USD to something irregular and not used to like bitcoins and how the virtual money idea is away from people, I think people just need time to get used to bitcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
I think the volatility is one of the reasonsa why mainstream adoption has not completely happened but the volatility is in part because of the way the people use the market and can't say completely it is not the fault of those using the market...

Services like Bitpay can be used to minimize the effects of price fluctuations if that is what a company is worried about, so I don't think its that, I think the concept is bit difficult for a lot of people to still understand.
Activity: 135
Activity: 210

I think these price fluctuation stems from people's mindset towards bitcoins. they view it as a speculative asset rather than a currency. this causes the fluctuations and in turn causes people to avoid Bitcoin as what it is meant to be, a currency
Activity: 2926
Merit: 640
Everybody want to instant profit and fully safety of theirs welth,so that's is the core of problem.
Also it's not so popular thing nowdays.
Popularity of bitcoin is highly dependent of your geographic locations.
Instant profits and full safety are not possible with any format of money or investment in real life. Fortunately we can enjoy high profits from bitcoin in quicker time and highest protections to our wealth. Bitcoin is heading towards main stream in my view.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Everybody want to instant profit and fully safety of theirs welth,so that's is the core of problem.
Also it's not so popular thing nowdays.
Activity: 491
Merit: 105
it's not about what is stopping them it should be about what is encouraging them, when you want people to change how they consider money of course it won't be a simple change but a very complicated process overall.
Jump to: