Pages:
Author

Topic: What's the difference beetween ICO 2017 and ICO 2018? - page 2. (Read 405 times)

Activity: 317
Merit: 12
Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management
ICO of 2017 were more honest. The nastoiyashchy ideas and proyeta which sought to solve these or those problems, to move away intermediaries and so on arose. In 2018 the swindler was understood that it is possible to earn from carrying out ICO and began to forge already successful projects.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
I think there's no difference but just the return of investment is lower due to the current bear market. Scam ICO's were rampant on 2017 and still is on 2018 and I think they will continue with their schemes as long as they can.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
This year ICOs have more realistic soft and hard caps, it will be much longer until they collect the amount needed for the soft cap and in my opinion, this year there will be more scamming attempts if we compare it  to 2017.
Activity: 97
Merit: 0
While a good number of ICOs in 2017 must have failed, I think that ICOs in 2017 was still better than the ones that we have now, and come next year, a higher percentage of failure would be recorded for this year's ICOS. People do not even care about the credibility of ICOs anymore. They are about making some money for themselves now. Greedy lots.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Ok I first:

2017: almost SCAM

Opposite to mine because based on my experiences 2017 has better ICO's and I actually find one that pays off my time and effort through bounty program. As the market crashes way back the end of the year 2017, it continues to fall until today so I think that is why we can see a lot of ICO's in 2017 compared to 2018 as team won't launched the projects as long as the market isn't stable because they knew what consequences they got if they launch it now.
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform
In 2017, keen investors saw the bullish market and invested in any ICO in sight. 
Fast forward to 2018, and most of these ICO’s are dead, dying, or a scam. Grin Grin Grin Grin

So, what is the difference beetween ICO 2017 and ICO 2018?

I cant really see a difference between the two. Scam are already present in the 2017 and I think that was the year scam really started to show in mass. 2018 scam and failures are just continuation of the previous years events.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
In 2017, huge sums were collected by all without exception. Even fraudulent projects. In 2018, investors have become smarter and prudent, so not every project can get money.
Activity: 85
 ICOs of 2017 and 2o18 are the same in  structure. What we should be  looking at is how they fared in these years In 2017  Promoters gained from ICOs than 2018 because investors did not know some of them were scams. 2018 witnessed a proliferation of ICOs which failed because of the ripple effect of  last year's fraud. Investors are scared.
copper member
Activity: 85
FinanceX Exchange
... there is a huge volume of failed ICO's and scams. Its coming out of nowhere and people are investing on it. The successful ICO's are less than 50%.No wonder why a lot of investors has given up and more people are selling resulting to the current market situation.

What's makes a successful ICO?
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
In 2017 it did not matter what ICO to invest and get profit, now you must search scrupulously, make photo with dildo in the ass to be whitelisted and then get x/2 after ecxhange reached.
Activity: 463
Merit: 11
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I joined ICO's last year and made money out of it. For year 2018, it is not that profitable for me because I lost my capital due to personal needs. I am working for bounties and from what I notice, there is a huge volume of failed ICO's and scams. Its coming out of nowhere and people are investing on it. The successful ICO's are less than 50%.No wonder why a lot of investors has given up and more people are selling resulting to the current market situation.
Activity: 812
Merit: 287
as soon as the price of ETH and bitcoin stabilizes, so immediately there will be a lot of ICO . in 2017, there was a large increase in crypto and people believed and invested .. in 2018 we see a decline in the market, a time of vague and all in anticipation and a prolonged hold
Activity: 233
Merit: 13
I'm smiling reading your post because I remember old times when an ICO went to the market and marked a x1,5 minimum... saudades!  Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
I think the ico in 2017 was more unprepared and there were more scams. It always happens when something new appears. Now-the number of ico has decreased and fraudsters have become much less.
Activity: 76
The only different between ICO 2017 and ICO 2018 is the year different. One come up in 2017 while the other is 2018. The real fact is that ICO will remain ICO.
Activity: 239
Merit: 4
AUTOBAY | Buy Your First Car With Cryptocurrency |
In the year 2017 and then, it's still very easy to select the ICO are legit. even a great many projects are legit. But this year 2018, ICO more and more rare, but the more legit. Even the result also was not as much as ICO 2017.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
I think investors' money has held many in the 2017 ICO, they are guarding their assets because prices are not satisfactory or because they deliberately hold altcoin because they hope that ICO prices will soar, I think many investors are losing money in 2017 and in 2018 many ICO Frauds and investors lose more money and become less interested in the ICO, I think that by 2018 the ICO has a lot of problems, there are too many problems that I feel that the ICO in 2018 was in vain.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
ICOs in 2017 were short, filled up immediately, listed on exchange immediately, people gaining x2 profit within 3 months of ICO purchase and x10 for some after a wait of 6 months.
In 2018, Most of ICOs are held a year long still difficult to get to the hardcap. Might never get listed on an exchange if did, dumped to the ground.

there were some that got listed already and some listed on DEX. one that i noted so much because kits a utility token and you as investor can set up mininodes with so little you got which is the UMT of bubbletone. Its already listed on Hitbtc and some exchanges too. Cool project, there might will be more to happen with this project sooner.

Some ICO this 2018 weren't listed on exchange yet and some were postponed too.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 298
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
ICOs in 2017 were short, filled up immediately, listed on exchange immediately, people gaining x2 profit within 3 months of ICO purchase and x10 for some after a wait of 6 months.
In 2018, Most of ICOs are held a year long still difficult to get to the hardcap. Might never get listed on an exchange if did, dumped to the ground.
Activity: 392
There was a lot of profitable ICOs last 2017, specially for those who wanted to have a quick turnaround. These were mostly private investors who got in cheaper before the public. But now in 2018, there are still some projects that barely get sold out and even a lot of postponed ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: