Pages:
Author

Topic: What's the next big thing? - page 5. (Read 4034 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
August 28, 2015, 03:07:58 PM
Bitcoin isn't close to being dead. Thers still around 7 million coins left to mine if I remember correctly. Bitcoins awareness is steadily increasing over the years. In the future 10 years im sure majority of people will be using Bitcoin or Atleast have owned Bitcoin at one point
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
August 28, 2015, 03:06:11 PM
Bitcoin is not going to die and it is difficult to have something bigger than bitcoin and blockchain in the economics enviroment
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
August 28, 2015, 02:55:08 PM
Many are forseeing the death of bitcoin. Do you believe bitcoin is going to die?
What are the possible substitutes for BTC? State your mind!

http://bitcoinobituaries.com/
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
August 28, 2015, 02:54:54 PM

Other coins, don't have the same issues and present other features as well.

Other coins don't have the same issues because no one's using them and there's nothing actually on the line.

All these wonderful coins with at least five daily transactions are likely to fall apart if people actually started to use them en masse.

Same goes for development. No one cares if it's just a pump and dump as long as the coins move back and forth to the exchange and they don't vapourise. If there's an actual future at stake then we'll see just as much squabbling.

It's a piece of piss for your coin to be a hero when there's absolutely no pressure bearing down on it.

The real Bitcoin killer would be something that was hard coded from minute one to be globally scalable and actively awarded decentralisation with zero need for further meddling. Maybe it's in the works. Maybe it'll never arrive.

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
August 28, 2015, 02:48:47 PM
next big thing is still bitcoin, is no where near its death at all, bitcoin never grew to its full potential, if it grows so big and then it falls big for whatever reason, then you can call it dead, until then it's better to focus our attention on this awesome technology

and besides this i can't see any new revolutionary technology coming

Well, Besides BTC limitations, the recent stress with the fork issues shows how vulnerable Bitcoin is.

Other coins, don't have the same issues and present other features as well.

What's your take on Ethereum?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
August 28, 2015, 02:38:43 PM
next big thing is still bitcoin, is no where near its death at all, bitcoin never grew to its full potential, if it grows so big and then it falls big for whatever reason, then you can call it dead, until then it's better to focus our attention on this awesome technology

and besides this i can't see any new revolutionary technology coming
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
August 28, 2015, 02:32:30 PM
Many are forseeing the death of bitcoin. Do you believe bitcoin is going to die?
What are the possible substitutes for BTC? State your mind!
Pages:
Jump to: