Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your favorite? [ XEM or NXT ] - page 2. (Read 5236 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
April 26, 2015, 09:09:30 AM
For now, NXT - until I know the details of the PoI algorithm.

My point is that PoI probably is less efficient than PoS (and Slimcoin's PoB, too), because it encourages the wallet owners to move coins and generate transactions. So NEM probably will get in trouble with blockchain size sooner than NXT, if we assume that both can capture a large crypto-currency market share. In consequence, transaction costs probably will be higher for NEM than for NXT.

But perhaps the whitepaper can enlighten me.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
April 26, 2015, 01:15:05 AM
This poll will be up for at least one year.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 26, 2015, 12:32:12 AM
This poll will be up for at least one year. Keep voting. Promote this poll on your facebook, twitter, and get more supporters to vote.
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
April 23, 2015, 06:25:24 PM
I have a small piece of both - so either one taking off is to my benefit. But, NXT right now is miles ahead. NEM has a lot of catching up to do and it needs to move and develop more substantial projects than "fairness".

As of this moment, NEM is worthless from a functionality stand point. But, let's see what the year brings! 
Activity: 715
April 23, 2015, 05:12:41 PM
And I do remember hype around NXT, when everyone believed that after release of AE one NXT will be 50 cents. Just go on Dgex forum and have a good laugh, all people that were buying into NXT in 2013 believed that in 2015 it will be 1 NXT = 10 dollars.

Very true points.  Many people thought BTC would be at $10k by now.  I think NEM and Nxt will be much more successful when BTC price increases and there is more awareness of crypto in general.
Activity: 644
April 23, 2015, 04:40:38 PM
http://coinacademy.co/bitcoin-litecoin-nxt-2/
One hundred per cent green foraging, not mining. There is no mining, NXT do not need power-hungry GPUs or asic miners, just a regular PC and NXT to start foraging for coins today.

There is nothing in this quote that is not true.

By the way, Nem mod is now deleting all factual information that is negative by deleting posts.

The fact is that nem was launched with a promise of 25% for developers (including future development) and 75% for stakeholders. Instead that number changed to 29% for stakeholders and 71% controlled by them. Yes, it's 71% as I am including the stakes they already got and 50% more  under multisig accounts.

What's even funny is that they are busy lying about it in the thread, but will delete posts if you respond to them.
Activity: 574
April 23, 2015, 03:51:17 PM
"No more asics...Thing green...Get 4 NXT in faucet and start forging..."

Source?

Your vague accusations are getting vaguer. Also, Nxt is a technology. It can't make claims or promises, only people can. So please be specific.

One hundred per cent green foraging, not mining. There is no mining, NXT do not need power-hungry GPUs or asic miners, just a regular PC and NXT to start foraging for coins today.

Daedelus, perhaps his conscience at work, seems to have eyesight and memory problems.   Cheesy  

Who's website is that?  They use the phrase 'foraging' Undecided   And which bits are factually wrong? It is green, you don't need GPUs/asics and you just need a normal PC and coins to forge.

Edit: it isn't a Nxt website, it is a multicoin site aimed at training users through video courses: http://coinacademy.co/curated-collections/   Interesting idea.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
April 23, 2015, 03:38:38 PM

Source?

Your vague accusations are getting vaguer. Also, Nxt is a technology. It can't make claims or promises, only people can. So please be specific.

Daedelus, perhaps his conscience at work, seems to have eyesight and memory problems.   Cheesy 
April 23, 2015, 03:34:49 PM

Source?

Activity: 539
April 23, 2015, 03:29:01 PM
Both are great coins where NXT is some time ahead. It has a great community, instantly delivering developers and great projects which are built around the framework.
NEM is still very young but has a promising approach. The developers has promised a lot. They need to deliver more before NEM could be considered as a real NXT competitor. I think they will  Wink

All two coins are good.I vote for XEM,because I own stake and have bought some.
I remember how NXT has started with words "No more asics...Thing green...Get 4 NXT in faucet and start forging..."That all was lie of stakeholders,and with time people did understand that.I bought around 60k of NXT in January 2014,and sold them when understood that trap of stakeholders.May be that was wrong move,but I still think what NXT is scam
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
April 23, 2015, 01:13:39 PM
Both are great coins where NXT is some time ahead. It has a great community, instantly delivering developers and great projects which are built around the framework.
NEM is still very young but has a promising approach. The developers has promised a lot. They need to deliver more before NEM could be considered as a real NXT competitor. I think they will  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
April 23, 2015, 12:59:15 PM
I think this poll shows why "fair distribution" is for speculators only.  NEM should have a thousand votes, but it doesn't.  When you give away crypto, you don't attract people who are interested in the technology, you only attract people who are interested in making $.  Nxt had to find it's own core team, it had to rely on it's own community to continue development.  It attracted people like JL777, nexern, Sergey (SAE), etc..  NEM has it's own core team from day one (which is great and highly accomplished) but it also creates a very passive community when it comes to tech involvement.  It creates a bunch of bag holders who don't have a sense of urgency to keep their crypto afloat, or doing things for the love of tech, because they will rely on NEM dev team and funds to get things done.  Many will disagree with me, but this is my opinion of crypto in general.  I hold more NEM than I do Nxt (% wise) and I think NEM has the chance to be successful (in terms of marketcap), but it will take much longer due to distribution.

The whole "fair distribution" theme is a red herring...
If all wealth in the world was fairly distributed... we would all be freezing in the dark....
The world naturally aligns itself in the 80-20 Pareto distribution to give leaders incentive.

The biggest problem with decentralized platforms is lack of coherent leadership (see NXT)...
Democratic voting by semi-informed people... and decision-by-committee leads to paralysis and timid baby steps...
You end up selling NXT t-shirts instead of becoming the next Pirate Bay or Tor Project.

Humans are not an ant colony... different species, baby.

NXT is worth $10,000,000... but does not have a single full-time marketing professional...
So the jury is still out on NXT and similar platforms...
More centralized platforms (Ripple, Etherium, 100 venture funded projects) will probably leave it in the dust.

Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Telsa, Virgin, etc... it's 99% leadership... you can name them.

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
April 23, 2015, 12:55:44 PM
I think this poll shows why "fair distribution" is for speculators only.  NEM should have a thousand votes, but it doesn't.  When you give away crypto, you don't attract people who are interested in the technology, you only attract people who are interested in making $.  Nxt had to find it's own core team, it had to rely on it's own community to continue development.  It attracted people like JL777, nexern, Sergey (SAE), etc..  NEM has it's own core team from day one (which is great and highly accomplished) but it also creates a very passive community when it comes to tech involvement.  It creates a bunch of bag holders who don't have a sense of urgency to keep their crypto afloat, or doing things for the love of tech, because they will rely on NEM dev team and funds to get things done.  Many will disagree with me, but this is my opinion of crypto in general.  I hold more NEM than I do Nxt (% wise) and I think NEM has the chance to be successful (in terms of marketcap), but it will take much longer due to distribution.

Most important thing when comparing performance of two similar things is context. Please understand that if NEM would be launched in November 2013 it would be HUGE, if NXT would be launched before three weeks it would be NAS. NXT would not do better than NEM or QORA or NODE or other 2.0 platforms.

NXT is bigger for the same reason Litecoin is bigger than all sha coins. Also I dont know how many great devs were working for NXT in first month, but Im sure there wasnt much more interesting cryptos at that time. Situation for NEM is much harder, much more competition, much bigger market saturation, crypto depression, Bitcoin with no hype and 2.0 cryptos were performing terribly. Things had changed.

And I do remember hype around NXT, when everyone believed that after release of AE one NXT will be 50 cents. Just go on Dgex forum and have a good laugh, all people that were buying into NXT in 2013 believed that in 2015 it will be 1 NXT = 10 dollars.
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
April 23, 2015, 12:20:32 PM
so NEM is a NXT fork by some novices with no new features? Looks like a reson to hype.
Why you have to post when you dont know nothing about NEM?
Activity: 715
April 23, 2015, 12:19:56 PM
April 23, 2015, 09:00:22 AM
so NEM is a NXT fork by some novices with no new features? Looks like a reson to hype.

NEM isn't a fork of Nxt. It was planned to be at one time but the devs changed their minds.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
April 23, 2015, 08:49:04 AM
April 23, 2015, 08:31:25 AM
Well, I own both, but yesterday I downloaded NXT client, and Im still downloading the blockchain... Average person wouldnt care. People who spend 2 hours a day on computer would have to download it for week.  Huh

Average person would use one of the webwallets > no blockchain to download, just username/password login

E.G. https://wallet.mynxt.info/ (is available in Apple and Android flavors of App for your smartphone too)
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
April 23, 2015, 08:29:32 AM
Well, I own both, but yesterday I downloaded NXT client, and Im still downloading the blockchain... Average person wouldnt care. People who spend 2 hours a day on computer would have to download it for week.  Huh
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
April 23, 2015, 08:07:16 AM
they are turning into lonely frustrated trolls, like DegenerateEconomics. Just look at his posts, I dont wish anyone such a fate  Cry

You liars, cheaters and thieves are the degenerates.

Hey man, when you will call us that, the hundredth and first time, it will actually become truth, really, it works that way.  Cheesy Cheesy Kiss
Pages:
Jump to: