Pages:
Author

Topic: Whattomine - profitability website with basic json. - page 13. (Read 94774 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 252
Insane In The Blockchain ⚠
@Mikanoshi
Price is not 24h average, but always using the last one, so that can cause that "spike" on your chart.
Btw the chart is not in scale, this "spike" is just 2,5% difference.
Chart is a mining reward in Aeon coins per day, based on estimated_rewards from API.
2.5% is a lot if only average values are used, especially when it just goes back to normal 15 minutes later.
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1005
BTG uses Equihash 144,5 aka Zhash, I call all 144,5 Zhash Smiley they differ only by personalization string

So do you think BTG and other Zhash coins will be listed in whattomine as "Zhash" algo?

Leaning towards renaming BTG to Zhash as well.
This algo will be added to the list for sure. Just wish we had some stable amd miner.

@whittle
Not sure if you are saying or asking, but yes the links in the api docs are not working. Still not working.
http://api.arabianchain.org/v1/dbix/main for example

@Mikanoshi
Price is not 24h average, but always using the last one, so that can cause that "spike" on your chart.
Btw the chart is not in scale, this "spike" is just 2,5% difference.

You can fetch profitability using 24h price average if you wish. Just need to feed the wanted value to the `er` param.
So do you think BTG and other Zhash coins will be listed in whattomine as "Zhash" algo?
That's for @fredeq to decide Smiley

This happened last time more than 7 days ago. Will be checking this in the future.
Tongue

Even if fees are included and block reward jumps around, the chart is based on 24h average value that should't change like that.
Activity: 128
Merit: 1
BTG uses Equihash 144,5 aka Zhash, I call all 144,5 Zhash Smiley they differ only by personalization string

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Added few coins like Aricoin, Honorcoin, Ripoffcoin Wink
Updated Digibyte with multialgo.

Next step - look into Doge merged mining.
Activity: 49
@whittle @nitro3
Last time I asked dbix devs about working apis for network stats I got no response.
Honestly listing invalid api urls on official website does not inspire confidence.
Guess I will wait for the apiv2? Or the old apis are back online?

This apis do not work Huh
https://api.arabianchain.org/doc.html
Activity: 128
Merit: 1
Hi guys, could you provide an educated guess on how much it will take for the new Equihash-BTG algo to be listed? I see mph called the new algorithm "Equihash-BTG" but it is shown as "EquihashBTG" in WTM pages, that will require some dirty translations inside most wtm-based auto-switchers scripts to work. What is the "official" name of this new algo?
Loki? Block reward there is 116.9 as explorer says, very low deviation (unless you count fees too Smiley)
legendary
If nethash drops in half then the diff will sooner or later drop in half as well, this is normal.
Same for increase. Thats why I prefer to look at profitability in 24h intervals.
Second line on chart is 24h diff and it's not dropping anywhere. How estimated_rewards from API is being calculated? Green chart is just this value over time.
If it's based on average 24h block reward and difficulty it cannot suddenly drop 50% and go up 100% in the next half hour, but that's exactly what happens.
I've seen it in another calcs, there it was block reward being detected incorrectly, switches to PoS or MN reward or something like that, and this last block reward value was used for mining reward/profit.

Indeed for aeon there were stats with lower than usual block_reward (around 6).
Thats odd cause the block_reward is fetched straight from the pool.
This happened last time more than 7 days ago. Will be checking this in the future.
If nethash drops in half then the diff will sooner or later drop in half as well, this is normal.
Same for increase. Thats why I prefer to look at profitability in 24h intervals.
Second line on chart is 24h diff and it's not dropping anywhere. How estimated_rewards from API is being calculated? Green chart is just this value over time.
If it's based on average 24h block reward and difficulty it cannot suddenly drop 50% and go up 100% in the next half hour, but that's exactly what happens.
I've seen it in another calcs, there it was block reward being detected incorrectly, switches to PoS or MN reward or something like that, and this last block reward value was used for mining reward/profit.
Activity: 238
this website look user friendly and very helpful to people when they want to compare altcoin mining
legendary
Yes, mining reward for hashrate (it's in the legend Smiley)
I'm just saying that there shouldn't be any distortions like that, chart should be smooth.

Yes, mining reward for hashrate (it's in the legend Smiley)
I'm just saying that there shouldn't be any distortions like that, chart should be smooth.
legendary
How have you tracked the block_reward?
Polling from WTM every 15 min Smiley Chart is for mining reward, but it depends only on diff and block reward, diff is changing smoothly, so there should be no such jumps.

P.S. Dark mode is scary Grin Navbar is still white. Also try to reduce contrast between elements.

So the green line is the reward mined with a certain hashrate?
For me looks to mimic the difficulty swings perfectly.

Thought you have plotted the block_reward as listed per block.
Polling from WTM every 15 min Smiley Chart is for mining reward, but it depends only on diff and block reward, diff is changing smoothly, so there should be no such jumps.

P.S. Dark mode is scary Grin Navbar is still white. Also try to reduce contrast between elements.
legendary
Added dark mode switch in the top right corner.

Is there like a profitability history?

Nothing like that for now.

@mik
Thats odd, block_reward for aeon should constantly and slowly go down, unless they changed the formula.

Activity: 140
Is there like a profitability history?
Not that variable. That chart was using current reward, not the 24h one. Is it really dropping 2x from time to time on Aeon for example?
Because this is a formula from the readme:
Code:
Block reward: Smoothly varying using the formula ((2^64-1) - A * 10^12) / 2^18 / 10^12 where A = supply mined to date
2x drop is not very smooth Cheesy The only variable that is not constant (Grin) there is mined supply and it cannot just jump back and forth to halve the rewards for some blocks.
Must be wrong value taken as a reward, txes on that cn coins are weird.
legendary
Very helpful, great work, I just like your websites look and feel, simple yet easy to move around. It would be good if you mention the different ways of mining. Thank you.

Thanks Smiley

@Mikanoshi
Not sure what you mean, looks variable to me?
Pages:
Jump to: