Pages:
Author

Topic: When BTC crashes, which Alt will hold its fiat value? - page 2. (Read 1265 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
In recent times, I've noticed the pumps of Ethereum/Ethereum Classic when bitcoin is getting dumped up, and vice versa.

That's the recent updates mate, and I really saw the pump of these two coins. Right now while bitcoin is on its price recovery altcoins still on its progress of pumping again, because btc now stabilized it price at $8k above with lesser fluctuations. Investors now are diverting their assets to alts because of the expensive price, but if alt price values will soon pump into good price I am certain that volatility of altcoins price will be more faster that what we've experienced lately of bitcoin. Because after those promising altcoins will reach that good value, it will immediately crash and unlike bitcoin many will be interested of it's highly developing price.
Activity: 336
Merit: 111
Answer is of course Ethereum. Look the grafiks ( fiat value) . it was for long term between 300-320 $ and currently 460$. when btc stop to rising or go down than people just buying eth. Eth price could reach 0.07 btc today but cuz of bitcoin cash ( some money flow there ) has rised eth stoped at 0.055 btc . I think investors buying eth now cuz of POS. Next year eth will run on POS system. It will be profitable to buy from now.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
My anwer is No. If Bitcoin crashes, all altcoins will be crashed too. Because Bitcoin is the symbol of crypto. If it falls down, many investors will panic sell all their coins. The market will die
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I think most likely Ethereum, ethereum seems to be obeying fiat chart more than Bitcoin chart and I expect this to hold when BTC correction starts
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
In recent times, I've noticed the pumps of Ethereum/Ethereum Classic when bitcoin is getting dumped up, and vice versa.

Ethereum is really being pump because there's a lot of positive going its way. Mike Novogratz, a former hedge fund manager on Wall Street, has predicted that Ethereum will touch $500 before the end of the year. And I think there are a lot of business interest in the smart contract as well.

So Ethereum is a good choice to hold if ever bitcoin crashes. Other than that I don't see any alts that is good to hold. Actually we already saw some instances that when bitcoin is down, Ethereum price go up. So its obvious that investors are already seeing it as a somewhat a 'back-up' for bitcoin. I doubt about tether though, with the recent hacks, no one will trust this coin anymore.

Exactly.

Whenever people sell their bitcoin upon any panicking news, they spend the same amount of money in buying ethereum. In other words, the flow of money from bitcoin goes to ethereum on such occasions. This is something awesome about Ethereum and shows that people believe in it.

Mike Novogratz, a former hedge fund manager on Wall Street, has predicted that Ethereum will touch $500 before the end of the year.

Ethereum can surpass easily even the $600 mark by the year-end if everything goes positive, though.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
ICO Live! betterbetting.org
This will be a hard prediction to make because when bitcoin crashes it will have huge effects on Alt coin markets. You can just be careful and don’t panic sell or buy a crappy alt coin. It’s better to wait a little before making a move .
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594

Ethereum is really being pump because there's a lot of positive going its way. Mike Novogratz, a former hedge fund manager on Wall Street, has predicted that Ethereum will touch $500 before the end of the year. And I think there are a lot of business interest in the smart contract as well.

So Ethereum is a good choice to hold if ever bitcoin crashes. Other than that I don't see any alts that is good to hold. Actually we already saw some instances that when bitcoin is down, Ethereum price go up. So its obvious that investors are already seeing it as a somewhat a 'back-up' for bitcoin. I doubt about tether though, with the recent hacks, no one will trust this coin anymore.
Activity: 224
Stars can't shine without darkness.
Tether - because its pegged to the US Dollar.

BitUSD - same

I agree but keep in in real US $, teth have some issues and I will stay clear of it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
When BTC crashes, which Alt will hold its fiat value? Explain your reasoning. Go.
Tether is the top choice now but with some scandal with it recently I  don't know about it future
And certainly as mention that's BitUSD which have same rate like USD .
There are some good altcoin I will switch that's LTC and ETH for sure!
Activity: 308
Unless people start cashing out cryptocurrencies into fiat, when bitcoin crashes, the money usually flows into altcoins which it has everytime.  Stick with altcoins in the top 25 of coinmarketcap and things should be fine.  There are some newer and lower ranking altcoins that can also be very profitable.  Make sure the coin you choose is trading on large exchanges like bittrex, poloniex, binance, etc.  I'd stay away from coins that are only trading on yobit. 

Here, only USDT would protect its dollar fiat value. The rest can't stay constant in terms of fiat dollar value in a case where bitcoin goes up or down. I don't believe alt coins could protect their fiat dollar values in a BTC crash.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
Tether - because its pegged to the US Dollar.

BitUSD - same

Clever! Grin

My peg is with Litecoin. I have been watching ETC, ETH, and Litecoin for a while now and I don't know if am I right, but LTC's price seems to be stable - that's why I recommend it to my relatives abroad when they like to send money here.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
When BTC crashes, which Alt will hold its fiat value? Explain your reasoning. Go.
You can't say ,predictions and assumptions are the only thing that one can do here. So here's mine: Neo,Bch,Xrp(It has been circulating around 20-30 cents since forever),doge. These coins mostly don't lose much of their fiat value whenever a crash unless there is a dump taking place after the pump or something,and a few days later they come back to their initial price.
Activity: 574
Merit: 259
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
If bitcoin crash then I think Ethereum will be the only one that will hold its fiat value because during the bitcoin pump eth is very stable and stay around 300$ so even if bitcoin crash, ethereum will just stay at the same price or maybe pump because it's a better project with faster transactions, team, community..etc
Activity: 490
when bitcoin will fall, will output in fiat. and only partially enter the altcoyins
Activity: 532
Some crash hard while some coins manage to stay strong. These are ones which their holders choose not to sell. Tether is the only one also which can be stay same in price
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
None. The markets are all prices relative to the price of btc. Until there are more fiat options to buy alts, it going to remain that way.
I agree with the above. Most of the alts are tied to btc.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
If BTC crashes, maybe Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin or Monero will be its substitution
Activity: 266
Merit: 13
if/when BTC crashes, I mean really crashes not just a correction, it will take all crypto with it.  The confidence will evaporate and even if people aren't selling, there'll be no buyers.  The best you can hope for is alts that will lose less value, and rise out of the ashes.  You'd probably want some of the alts that offer function and solve problems beyond simple "currency", some of the privacy focused or platforms will be most likely to be good on the other side.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
Unless people start cashing out cryptocurrencies into fiat, when bitcoin crashes, the money usually flows into altcoins which it has everytime.  Stick with altcoins in the top 25 of coinmarketcap and things should be fine.  There are some newer and lower ranking altcoins that can also be very profitable.  Make sure the coin you choose is trading on large exchanges like bittrex, poloniex, binance, etc.  I'd stay away from coins that are only trading on yobit. 
Pages:
Jump to: