Pages:
Author

Topic: When do YOU sell? - page 76. (Read 52126 times)

legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
June 02, 2017, 04:36:03 PM
There are altcoins that I buy for trading and I always set my sell order to only x5 of principal value. But there are also some coins that I hold for long term like bitcoin and xem. I do not sell these coins even if the price is fluctuating really high.

Not all people have this commodity to buy and hold them for many years, personally it depends from the time and situation but my minimum sell order is +0.8% of what I bought (it may sound really low but it's better than losing a lot).

But in other cases I prefer to make sell orders +3% - 5% depending on the exchange rate of that coin but also the amount invested and the situation if it is at the pump or dump phase that coin.

Thank you...

I don't think that it sounds extremely low if the funds are there to make up for the difference of the smaller profit margin.

I've noticed that most that have lower funds will hold for higher %s, but others who have large funds can take a smaller % and still pull the same overall.

I've think I have my game plan currently, we'll see how it pans out.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
June 02, 2017, 04:24:24 PM
When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
I have invested in bitcoin for a longer time and I have though to remain in bitcoin until I not need to use my money in the form of fiat. Currently I do not need them and when I need I try to use in BTC form and I am trying to stay in BTC for longer time to get all the profit for longer.

I believe I'm going to do my best to invest in alts and get certain %s then invest and hold those in BTC. Only thing that will suck is it means a slow start to BTC, but overall it will be a good way to grow the portfolio.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
June 02, 2017, 04:11:01 PM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

I have invested in bitcoin for a longer time and I have though to remain in bitcoin until I not need to use my money in the form of fiat. Currently I do not need them and when I need I try to use in BTC form and I am trying to stay in BTC for longer time to get all the profit for longer.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 02, 2017, 04:09:15 PM

I usually sell at a specific percentage profit, but that strategy sort of backfired on this last increase because I sold for the set profit percentage and then the bitcoin price kept going up and up so I lost out on some additional profits. It also makes it hard to buy back in lower than my last sell price.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
June 02, 2017, 03:31:23 PM
I don't. But that isn't entirely true, when I'm trading altcoins I try to atleast get my initial investment back with a small percentage and let the rest rise in there.
Regarding bitcoin however, I never cashout bitcoin since I've lost faith in FIAT I'd rather keep my money in this extremely promising project that is called the blockchain ledger.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟
June 02, 2017, 03:25:53 PM
Now trading in stocks and trading altcoins has the same way but i hope you are aware that in stock market you normally sell off all your shares when you are satisfied with the profit or feel the price can drop. Same applies for altcoin trading , if the price is increasing and not stopping much there is a chance of a really big pump now again your job is to sell when you are satisfied now if you are greedy you may regret it later
So only an experienced trader can speak and even for a beginner this moment will be very difficult and yet it is worth to divide the trade of altcoyn or some securities.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
June 02, 2017, 03:23:14 PM
Now trading in stocks and trading altcoins has the same way but i hope you are aware that in stock market you normally sell off all your shares when you are satisfied with the profit or feel the price can drop. Same applies for altcoin trading , if the price is increasing and not stopping much there is a chance of a really big pump now again your job is to sell when you are satisfied now if you are greedy you may regret it later
June 02, 2017, 01:17:54 PM
I go through different analysis made by some of the popular crypto enthusiasts to find out what could be peak price so that I can get best price for my coin. I am also learning to read charts so that I can do my own analysis, this is not something that you can learn overnight. You have to make lots of mistakes to learn from them and sharpen your trading practice. 

I'm still learning to understand the charts fully. I get them for the most part, but there is always something more to learn and better tune your abilities.
Activity: 38
June 02, 2017, 01:16:47 PM

No fixed time really, it depends when real world requires fiat. If I don't need to spend anything I will leave it in crypto for years, more often than not though there are reasons to need to withdraw at least partially.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
June 02, 2017, 01:15:07 PM
I'm buy-and-hold long. But I'll sell if things do not go as Planned.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 02, 2017, 01:09:20 PM
I go through different analysis made by some of the popular crypto enthusiasts to find out what could be peak price so that I can get best price for my coin. I am also learning to read charts so that I can do my own analysis, this is not something that you can learn overnight. You have to make lots of mistakes to learn from them and sharpen your trading practice. 
June 02, 2017, 12:45:38 PM
There are altcoins that I buy for trading and I always set my sell order to only x5 of principal value. But there are also some coins that I hold for long term like bitcoin and xem. I do not sell these coins even if the price is fluctuating really high.

Not all people have this commodity to buy and hold them for many years, personally it depends from the time and situation but my minimum sell order is +0.8% of what I bought (it may sound really low but it's better than losing a lot).

I don't think that it sounds extremely low if the funds are there to make up for the difference of the smaller profit margin.

I've noticed that most that have lower funds will hold for higher %s, but others who have large funds can take a smaller % and still pull the same overall.

I've think I have my game plan currently, we'll see how it pans out.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
June 02, 2017, 12:42:23 PM

But in other cases I prefer to make sell orders +3% - 5% depending on the exchange rate of that coin but also the amount invested and the situation if it is at the pump or dump phase that coin.

Thank you...
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
June 02, 2017, 12:28:11 PM
Never.  I spend the best money there is. I don't want your state monopoly money. Thanks anyway.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
June 02, 2017, 12:26:28 PM

It seems like a good idea, but to set up a trade with sell order x5 of the principal amount may take some time to reach that peak point. But if we look at altcoin market at this time of course it will be achieved
June 02, 2017, 12:23:03 PM
- Actually when you buy an altcoin, you definitely have to know about it and have to rely on the information to predict its future, you can not buy based on emotion or listen to others, this is the wrong thing in trading. Decided to sell will happen when it reaches the price you predict, that means that before you buy, you have determined when its price is how much you will sell it. For example buy $ 20, determined to sell at $ 30, if it's up $ 25, you will not sell because you know it can be up to 30 dollars

I agree with you, I did some research, but I believe with altcoins it's quick a bit of luck and watching which are having a slow few days.

I had another post stating I've had trouble finding good legit information about the coins lately which causes a problem when it comes to making good decisions.

your problem is mostly because there aren't any legit information about any coins out there Smiley
mostly there are just hyped up news. and sometimes they don't even make sense. for example an altcoin releases a new version of their wallet software and then price goes up (pump and dumps)!

I'm starting to figure that out. Lol, I know there are a few things that trips pumps, I try to be on the low side of it, but isn't that everyone's dream!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
June 02, 2017, 12:09:58 PM
- Actually when you buy an altcoin, you definitely have to know about it and have to rely on the information to predict its future, you can not buy based on emotion or listen to others, this is the wrong thing in trading. Decided to sell will happen when it reaches the price you predict, that means that before you buy, you have determined when its price is how much you will sell it. For example buy $ 20, determined to sell at $ 30, if it's up $ 25, you will not sell because you know it can be up to 30 dollars

I agree with you, I did some research, but I believe with altcoins it's quick a bit of luck and watching which are having a slow few days.

I had another post stating I've had trouble finding good legit information about the coins lately which causes a problem when it comes to making good decisions.

your problem is mostly because there aren't any legit information about any coins out there Smiley
mostly there are just hyped up news. and sometimes they don't even make sense. for example an altcoin releases a new version of their wallet software and then price goes up (pump and dumps)!
June 02, 2017, 11:56:09 AM

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
June 02, 2017, 11:21:15 AM
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
June 02, 2017, 11:05:17 AM

Pages:
Jump to: