Pages:
Author

Topic: when is a good time to get out ? - page 2. (Read 503 times)

Activity: 289
Merit: 103
March 24, 2018, 09:32:02 PM
hey guys ...

suppose you invest 10k in crypto

at what stage would you consider getting out and taking your gains ? if you 10x ( 100k )

or are you very very LONG on this ?

I am a holder of TRX and trading it since december. At first I thought TRX will be dumped forever but after 3rd week of december TRX made a big big move and also to the help of justin sun the CEO head of tron. in the early january I managed to triple my earnings . and I am very surprised about that and made me more trust to hold it. after a couple of days and weeks I thought it was but suddenly it go down haha. The best thing to sell or day / time is when you doubled or tripled your investments
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
February 01, 2018, 04:14:12 AM
I think i will go out when I buy a new car and a big house. I think i  won't buy in  more thing only with my salary so I want to ern more money to fulfil my desire.
Activity: 287
Merit: 102
February 01, 2018, 04:05:14 AM
Dont targeting profit to big, 10 times ? i will cash it out when it doubled, im not to good  with long term investment, buy when dip sell while up just like that and repeat.
It all depends on how much you want to make from your coins. You should only sell them out once you are getting this much amount of profit which you really want to get in return. Do not even think of selling your coins at time when the market value is little low as this will only result in loss of money and nothing else. You need to be patient for some time in order to get your desired amount of money.
Activity: 255
January 31, 2018, 10:04:15 AM
I think investing in crypto for a lifetime, for it needs to be patient do not get exposed to panic buy, take enough then leave to start another business or can also play capital.Jika you make x100 of your investment then you should be able to use it wisely. like other market markets buy cheap and then sell at high prices.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
January 31, 2018, 10:01:30 AM
hey guys ...

at what stage would you consider getting out and taking your gains ? if you 10x ( 100k )

It really depends on the person you are asking,because every people in this world has greediness in their body and for me i wont stop as i have a lot of things to consider,my family's future would be enough for me to work 15hours a day so i can give whatever they need.Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.For me my satisfaction would be if i gave enough things to my love ones to fullfill their dreams in the future.
Activity: 378
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
January 31, 2018, 09:49:01 AM
when you already get profit, I think it is the right time to get out.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
January 31, 2018, 09:38:48 AM
Until you haven't fixed your profit, you cant say that you are in profit. Most top guys in trading even not crypto, saying that you need to take out or market 30-50% of profi then you get the huge profit, or you can lose everything.
Activity: 124
Merit: 5
January 31, 2018, 08:20:20 AM
I think there is no suitable time to go out because the bitcoin looks like it's going up this year and it's like this year's tour Cheesy .
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
January 31, 2018, 08:15:03 AM
I think the best time will be exactly when you decide, because no one will ever tell you when to go out, because no one knows this for sure. Everyone has his own opinion on this matter.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
January 31, 2018, 07:19:46 AM
Dont targeting profit to big, 10 times ? i will cash it out when it doubled, im not to good  with long term investment, buy when dip sell while up just like that and repeat.

Correct, 10 times is too much and too long to wait. Sometimes it is not possible at all. If I understand that my altcoin costs twice more, I fix my income and make cashout. Often I wait till the same alt falls to buy it again and make the same operation when the right time comes.
Activity: 406
Merit: 174
January 30, 2018, 08:26:35 PM
it's very difficult to get out, especially when you see a constant price increase.
but I still try every month to fix profits in fiat  Cool

Growth in the price is very addicting for the investor. The trader must make steady goals if he wants to get out without a loss. Some of the traders are trying to gain millions but that is the wrong thinking. You must set your goals prior to the investment and when you think the time is right to try to cash out.

There will always be a rise and falls and you can hold all of your cryptos forever in the wallets without any use. You don't have to cash out everything. Leave some low amount of your portfolio intact. Try to track the progress of the charts and if you see some incoming pump make a cashout and enjoy the life with the extra cash in your pockets.

There's always that temptation to remain in a stock or coin after it's reached your goal.. especially when you think its hype won'd die down any time soon and that the company/team is really good. This is a dangerous trap though as it can be at the peak. We must remember as investors that a lot of future-value of a stock or coin is already factored into its current price.
Activity: 686
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 30, 2018, 08:22:25 PM
hey guys ...

Your target is not realistic but possible ( sorry ), too high and need high skill and time to be done. Most people will say, get out if the price reach your target but some people decides with " almost " is enough. Another opinion is, get out when the price reach your stop loss ( cut loss ), meaning we have stop our activity to minimalism our loss. Time is relative and patience is needed, do you have it if must wait & see until 5 or more years? I believe you don't. Change your plan, fix your strategy and good luck to you.  
Activity: 852
Merit: 500
January 30, 2018, 08:20:49 PM
It really depends on what Crypto it is. I look at a coins market cap before volume. Market cap lets me know how much momentum is needed to push the price up. Much easier for ZCash to 50x than it is for Ethereum to do a 2x Smiley
Activity: 434
January 30, 2018, 08:15:32 PM
The question is: what purpose do you follow? If you just need some amount of money - then go out when it is formed. Well, if you want to squeeze everything out, keep to the last!
Activity: 210
January 30, 2018, 08:14:25 PM
Before entering any crypto currency market, you must first set a target profit when you receive both short-term and long-term investments. if you decide to go for a short time, of course, you will want to go out when the coin you bought has reached its peak, and we do not know when or which price range is the peak, so you need to set a target interest income.
Activity: 532
January 30, 2018, 08:08:57 PM
hey guys ...

if you need money then cash out some portion and leave the rest. why the need to get out if you gain something. it still depends on you when to cash out and thru experience  you will learn when to cash out.
Activity: 182
Merit: 14
January 30, 2018, 07:20:40 PM
it's very difficult to get out, especially when you see a constant price increase.
but I still try every month to fix profits in fiat  Cool

Growth in the price is very addicting for the investor. The trader must make steady goals if he wants to get out without a loss. Some of the traders are trying to gain millions but that is the wrong thinking. You must set your goals prior to the investment and when you think the time is right to try to cash out.

There will always be a rise and falls and you can hold all of your cryptos forever in the wallets without any use. You don't have to cash out everything. Leave some low amount of your portfolio intact. Try to track the progress of the charts and if you see some incoming pump make a cashout and enjoy the life with the extra cash in your pockets.
Activity: 210
January 30, 2018, 06:38:09 PM
I think, that you can get out in 3 month or don't get out in nearest years at all, but theseway you need to have iron balls
Activity: 406
Merit: 156
January 30, 2018, 06:34:34 PM
hey guys ...

Getting a 10x roi ain't as easy as that , and even you're lucky enough with picking a coin to do such an achievement i don't think you'll have enough balls to invest 10k on it especially if it has just submerged , but if it is the case , i'll be following closely the market and set up a an upper and lower limit , the both limits will let me know when to withdraw when reaching one of them no matter what happens later .
I'm rather a hodling person , but sometimes getting away when things get messy ain't the worst choice and

It can be changed for your ideas because when you want your profit you can cash-out them. It can change by your investing goals. If you want a house you can cash-out when you got these amount money for example.

Exactly , when you need to cash-out don't think "what will happen if it goes up after i withdraw ?" , you needed the money and you made your decision period , what happens next isn't your concern .
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
January 30, 2018, 06:32:02 PM
If you're a trader I would get out at a 15-20+%, if you're a daytrader I would happily take at least a few percentages every day. But if you're a believer do you really need to worry about when to get out?
Pages:
Jump to: