Pages:
Author

Topic: When will Apple accept bitcoins? - page 15. (Read 4063 times)

Activity: 659
Merit: 101
June 16, 2018, 05:15:10 AM
Most likely never. All the same, open source technologies are not the most beloved. Most likely they will launch their blocking project sooner or later and possibly make it based on their token.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, Apple is multi-million company and if they will expand into crypto they will surely create their own token rather than just accept bitcoin. Let's wait what they are planning about crypto.
Many big companies like Amazon have already accepted bitcoin as their payments. So I think that Apple will also accept bitcoin in the short future. It is better for their business and anyhow the world is turning towards cryptocurrency and apple is aware of that. If they want to promote their business online they will have to accept bitcoin as their payment.
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
June 14, 2018, 10:21:39 AM
It is a secondary question for me... I have just recently exchanged my favorite coin to a Bitcoin, then in a few minutes, I have sold my Bitcoins on a local exchange to a local currency (Euro) and then in another few minutes, I have ordered a brand new iPhone X for me, and my bae, this simple.
Activity: 420
June 14, 2018, 10:03:00 AM
When they really need to. But they'll fight it hard! Apple's business model is to lock everything down -- very closed indeed. This does not align with the goals of bitcoin, at least, how I perceive them.

tl;dr Apple = closed. BTC = open.

Apple or mac is a huge company, they do not need to be related on cryptocurrency in order to get rich because their marketing strategy is already making a lot of money today.
Activity: 435
Merit: 251
June 14, 2018, 10:02:02 AM
Apple of course is very large IT company, which have very good profit, so why they need to accept Bitcoin. Even if they earn 1 000 000 USD more, for them it is very small sum. Their operating income - 61 billions USD per year.  Wink
Activity: 240
June 14, 2018, 09:53:41 AM
When they really need to. But they'll fight it hard! Apple's business model is to lock everything down -- very closed indeed. This does not align with the goals of bitcoin, at least, how I perceive them.

Well I think they alreadg recognized Bitcoin it just that they don't really approved this for now and they still conducting an in-depth research and observatuon how this forum may help the one of the most successful company in the world, and I think this is a great act since Bitcoin involves technicalities which may be a burden for some since it's a millennial innovation , and technology is constantly changing amd becoming more complicated which may be a reason why most of the people still dont appreciate the value of this forum and maintaing the same way of transactions, but I think pretty soon Apple will acquire Bitcoin.
Activity: 114
Merit: 0
June 14, 2018, 09:40:03 AM
At the moment I don't really see why Apple should be open for crypto. When the time comes, they might issue their own coin utilized for example in the AppStore or so
Activity: 162
Merit: 10
June 14, 2018, 09:02:29 AM
I have just read an article on Apple planning to ban some crypto-related activities. It leans toward the assumption that they will not be a fan of Bitcoin anytime soon...
Activity: 61
June 13, 2018, 07:51:27 AM

I think it's difficult, because Apple has always been an introvert company. Though they released the main products they made restrictions with their payment system. They do not accept Bitcoin as a form of payment because they have their own standards that have a good reputation according to them. Maybe in the future when bitcoin is more stable, it will happen.
Activity: 28
June 13, 2018, 07:01:13 AM
What do you mean? For example, I can find app “Bitcoin Wallet” on App Store right away.
Activity: 59
June 13, 2018, 05:59:47 AM
Most likely never. All the same, open source technologies are not the most beloved. Most likely they will launch their blocking project sooner or later and possibly make it based on their token.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, Apple is multi-million company and if they will expand into crypto they will surely create their own token rather than just accept bitcoin. Let's wait what they are planning about crypto.
Activity: 154
Merit: 2
June 13, 2018, 05:49:48 AM
Apple is a big company, they have a way to make their own crypto so I think they will not use btc to pay.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
June 13, 2018, 12:04:22 AM
I think this is very unlikely because apple is a well known brand, they will be very careful in linking with bitcoin, so let's wait and see.

Well they are going to be really careful when it comes to business movement in about almost every aspect, their company has really big market capitalization so they if can will try to take profit from everything.
Realizing that bitcoin is an open source technology, it seems that they has really little chance of accepting bitcoin since. Even paying using CC in their store is not as easy as it seems.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”
June 13, 2018, 12:00:40 AM
Apple can create its own cryptocurrency and use it in the apple store and for payments and transfers in internal applications. And it will be big hook for companies that are partners of Apple.
Activity: 147
Merit: 1
June 12, 2018, 01:44:15 PM

it is very unlikely to happen, because you know the apple system does not want openness in running its business applications is not it?
Activity: 336