Pages:
Author

Topic: When Will Bitcoin Reach $1000?? - page 17. (Read 19671 times)

Activity: 437
Merit: 255
November 09, 2013, 06:57:23 PM
who in their right mind wouldnt sell at 500-600USD when they were bought at under 300USD even??

Many because all of them expect more.

the more people holding coins and not doing transactions make value go down,

wrong - the more coins are off the market the more the price goes up

Spend them damn coins people if you want prices to climb.

true and false - basically it is very true that the market must adopt Bitcoin to be successful. But wrong because for the deflation phase it will be enough for Bitcoin to gain investors.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
CoinSlingin
November 09, 2013, 06:50:01 PM
I see more hope than knowledge in the predictions of 1000USD a piece. Not saying it wont happen but, you cant base an entire forecast on a trend a few weeks in the running. There will be a huge selloff, who in their right mind wouldnt sell at 500-600USD when they were bought at under 300USD even?? And remember the more people holding coins and not doing transactions make value go down, Bitcoin was created to avoid what we are seeing. Spend them damn coins people if you want prices to climb.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
November 09, 2013, 06:23:39 PM

If btc becomes worldwidely used.
And if the price becomes higher than 500 usd by the end of the year.

If BTC becomes worldwidely used (like PayPal) we will be talking about 5 digit numbers in my opinion
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
November 09, 2013, 06:19:04 PM
It will reach $1000 in late months of 2014.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
November 09, 2013, 06:12:51 PM
I also think btc will reach $1000 in 2014.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
November 09, 2013, 05:58:24 PM
my estimate at this going rate right now
BTC will hit the 1000$ not later than December
plus i doubt that this bubble will bust
Activity: 9
November 09, 2013, 05:55:02 PM
I think in 2014, is a good, answer.
But BTC, I think until reache 1000 it will have lots of bubles in the middle
Activity: 42
November 09, 2013, 05:21:00 PM
Watch this video, then imagine what would happen if everyone that owned a bitcoin each spent $10 making posters for their town.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg4mCKB3RVs
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
http://altoidnerd.com
November 09, 2013, 03:52:04 PM
Yes in the end, but I guess im not as certain as most people it wont take a nice dive first. Anything can happen we just have to sit back and watch.

I think people are just noticing that people are coing to the coin, which means there are entirely new economies and organizational structures being attached to Bitcoin, so the price will go up. But they don't see that it still does work kinda like a real market in that it is based on supply and demand.

I covered that here

http://altoidnerd.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/the-bitcoin-price-model-large-time-scale-calculations-of-the-bitcoin-price/

The demand is an exponential in time at the moment.  The supply is spooky and greatly affects the market in the short term.
Activity: 392
November 09, 2013, 03:49:01 PM

If btc becomes worldwidely used.
And if the price becomes higher than 500 usd by the end of the year.
November 09, 2013, 03:47:54 PM
Please visit this thread and just say "w00t" or something so that people end up seeing the thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-on-facebook-329338

I promise Social media is more important to Bitcoin than everyone thinks.
Activity: 392
November 09, 2013, 03:43:56 PM
I am really surprised with the price o_O
Never thought it would go so high so quickly.
November 09, 2013, 03:41:11 PM
I really don't think it will take that long. It went up $100 in 2 days. Even if it falls $100, it will stabilize higher and tons of people will reap benefits from the fall. Then we will see an even MORE widespread attention paid to coins, which will make the price go even higher.

And each rise is going to get bigger and bigger.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
November 09, 2013, 03:06:02 PM
Activity: 23
November 09, 2013, 02:44:08 PM
I am pretty new to bitcoin and love the idea behind it. I have attempted mining on an old android device I had laying around but I was only able to max out at about 572kh/h which earned me absolutely nothing after a month of it running straight. So I think I'm going to need to better equipment if I am planning on mining in the future. I would only hope I can get a hold of at least 1 btc and just hold on to it for several years and pray that it increases in value. I would hope that it passes 1000 and goes to 40,000 like some articles I've read predict.
This is my first post here and I look forward to learning and participating in this great community.

My first post too.  Opened an account at CampBX this spring.  Parked a little over $100 right after the price collapsed.  Was waiting for a good entry point under $100 per BTC.  Tried logging onto CampBX two weeks later and account log-in changed by someone else (at CampBX).  No phone # for support;  opened tech ticket which hasn't even been addressed yet.  Didn't respond to BBB complaint.  Ripped off.  Nevertheless, I have amassed over 60 BTC at Coinbase and other wallets and 85 LTC and growing....  

I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit over $1k on this move over the next couple months.  The reasoning is the ludicrously small valuation.  I don't think "float" is an issue as it can be infinitely split.  Also, it is hard to get into (and out of).  When a stock moves, momentum chasers can almost instantly move money into a stock as they already have stock market accounts.  The movements on highly speculative stocks are quicker.  With BTC, however, there could be a delay as it takes days to open an account at Coinbase or move money to Bitstamp etcetera.  People who vaguely know of BTC or follow it but haven't bought any yet and don't want to meet strangers at a coffee house to buy BTC see the price moving up, hear about it on the news and the time of the breakout is delayed.  
November 09, 2013, 02:43:32 PM
I'm ordering a few books on Economics and Bitcoin and I am going to make some pretty informative threads in the near future.

And if you love Bitcoin (and if you want someone who owns a business to start loving bitcoin)
read this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-will-happen-to-your-favorite-alt-coin-321086
Activity: 51
Merit: 502
November 09, 2013, 02:31:50 PM
I am pretty new to bitcoin and love the idea behind it. I have attempted mining on an old android device I had laying around but I was only able to max out at about 572kh/h which earned me absolutely nothing after a month of it running straight. So I think I'm going to need to better equipment if I am planning on mining in the future. I would only hope I can get a hold of at least 1 btc and just hold on to it for several years and pray that it increases in value. I would hope that it passes 1000 and goes to 40,000 like some articles I've read predict.
This is my first post here and I look forward to learning and participating in this great community.

you'll have better luck here
http://freebitco.in/?r=5393

Smiley
November 09, 2013, 02:41:55 PM

It will no doubt reach prices like 40,000. But only when it is available in communities without internet, and they are extremely rare, but available. And it will be a bubble, not a real price.
Activity: 1
November 09, 2013, 02:23:44 PM
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 09, 2013, 02:17:59 PM
The amount of people that known about bitcoin is growing each day, and even this growth will increase. So an bitcoin price increase of 1000x/yr is certainly possible.
Pages:
Jump to: