Pages:
Author

Topic: When will people feel comfortable using BTC ? - page 15. (Read 12232 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 297
Crypto users are using it as investment option due to most of the country still are not legalled the bitcoin.  Some country have legalized the btc and due to it many businesses and merchants are taking bit coin payment so the users of this country are comfortably using bitcoin in their regular life just like fiat currency
Activity: 220
Merit: 2
My guess is people will feel comfortable when you can spend it on a credit card just like they are used to.  It's gotta be easy for these folks or they are going to reject it. 
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
People will feel comfortable using bitcoin only when its legalized as a medium of exchange globally.
The question is , who is going to legalize it?
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

I don't really spend much of my Bitcoin , because I am always in fear.
I am not talking about cashing out , but for digital goods.

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

I don't know how to make a poll here , so :- http://strawpoll.me/1793917
This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.
I think that people for a long time will not switch to using bitcoin as the use of money, and not as a means of accumulating value. Rather, I do not see such an opportunity at all. In all likelihood, bitcoin will never be used as money. Probably, for this purpose it is necessary that it has lowered in the price to level of other кpиптoвaлют. In addition, it is necessary to create appropriate conditions for bitcoin to be freely accepted as a means of payment at all outlets and other financial settlements.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
People will feel comfortable on using Bitcoin once they have a proper knowledge about it, most of the people who hates Bitcoin are people who's judging it without trying it, I guess if it's demonstrated clearly they'll invest invest too, I can say that they'll really panic if they just invested without knowledge and experience a miserable loss. The only thing that will make people comfortable is by educating them how Bitcoin really works.
I think so. There are many people besides us who are not much familiar on bitcoin. They have no proper news about bitcoin and it's price. In any kind of news, they being panic. For this reason real users also be worried.

People who are worried are not well knowledgeable about cryptocurrency before they invest a huge amount and that is the reason why you need to study the market before investing a huge amount.
Activity: 405
Merit: 105
I believe the answer to your question would be when the big supermarkets accept some form of btc for their goods.

Aside from that. people will be comfortable in using bitcoin when the right time comes and that right time is when all the people living in the world will have an agreement in legalizing the bitcoin in all over the world. People will be comforatble in bitcoin if they will fully understood the mechanics and system of it and how it affects their daily lives positively. I hope that day will come soonest.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 267
People will feel comfortable on using Bitcoin once they have a proper knowledge about it, most of the people who hates Bitcoin are people who's judging it without trying it, I guess if it's demonstrated clearly they'll invest invest too, I can say that they'll really panic if they just invested without knowledge and experience a miserable loss. The only thing that will make people comfortable is by educating them how Bitcoin really works.
I think so. There are many people besides us who are not much familiar on bitcoin. They have no proper news about bitcoin and it's price. In any kind of news, they being panic. For this reason real users also be worried.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 104
CitizenFinance.io
Activity: 62
People will feel comfortable with BTC when it's price will remain stable. I don't think it will ever happen though.
Activity: 64
Honestly, BTC is hard to be used comfortably because now it is easily volatile and not stable. Its price is fluctuating all of time. Furthermore, it still has more the speculation. But if BTC can fix all of its shortcoming, it would be regulated and popular in any transaction in the world. Since btc has more advantages by its technology. At that moment, people would feel comfortable using BTC as a real currency.
Activity: 224
Merit: 5
People will only feel comfortable in using the crypto currencies especially bitcoin at time when the acceptance rate of the bitcoin in the international market and at different shopping malls and places like that of restaurants, showrooms etc. will start accepting these crypto currencies and that people will find it more convenient to spend their crypto currencies than that of regular currencies.
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
It is a  process, if people does not like bitcoin yet just let them informed about the advantage of having bitcoin, just encouraged them if they still don't want then just let them, you don't need to explain everything they are the one who can discover it in the future, since we've been into their situation too, we believe after we actually saw it.
Activity: 243
Merit: 10
We are already living in the age of technology. Yes a lot of people now, or should I say, majority of the world's population including the children are now using smart phone or any android phone that can be used to store and manage bitcoin account. However it's not that easy to use bitcoin as ordinary mode of payment because of its volatile value. Indeed bitcoin is so profitable with regards to trading or investment but definitely not that useful as currency as it's original purpose of existence. When used as currency, I think the list it could buy is a house and lot.
Yeah but for me if people are already comportable to use bitcoin well it is a sign that bitcoin is really trusted. It shows that your hardship will never be waste using bitcoin and it is easy to manage.
When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

Until it becomes a generally accepted legal tender. Economics textbooks define a legal tender as a medium of payment recognised by a legal system to be valid for meeting financial obligations. Paper currency and coins are common forms of legal tender across countries.

If Bitcoin can be generally accepted by the world government, then, people will be comfortable spending it like FIAT currencies.

Checking back at history, An American Nobel Prize winning economist, Prof. Milton Friedman, predicted in 1999 that the Internet would become one of the major forces for reducing the role of government and the media.
After almost four decades of Friedman’s forecast, the one thing that is remaining, but seem to be locking around the horizon is a reliable and globally acceptable electronic cash.
Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies are attempting to fullfill this Man's prophesy.
At least, this should give us confidence that Bitcoin is here to stay, and We just can't wait for it to start filling Friedman's Void.

Until it becomes a generally accepted legal tender. Economics textbooks define a legal tender as a medium of payment recognised by a legal system to be valid for meeting financial obligations. Paper currency and coins are common forms of legal tender across countries.

If Bitcoin can be generally accepted by the world government, then, people will be comfortable spending it like FIAT currencies.
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
Зa вcё вpeмя иcпoльзoвaния кpиптoвaлюты  мнe нe дoвeлocь иcпoльзoвaть eё в кaчecтвe oплaты зa тoвap. Кaждый paз пoкyпaя или oбмeнивaя кpиптoвaлютy  дeлaю этo для cпeкyляции в ocнoвнoм. Кoнeчнo я знaю чтo мoжнo пpиoбpecти  тoвap .Дyмaю бyдeт имeть ycпex мaгaзин poзничнoй тopгoвли - пpoдyктoв нaпpимep или oдeжды . Этo былo бы здopoвo или oплaтить кoммyнaльныe плaтeжи .
Activity: 406
I think, people will feel comfortable using bitcoin if bitcoin can be accepted and used in all places and we can use it easily, so everyone will also know and use bitcoin
I definitely agree with you, if all country will legalize or accept bitcoin, there is no doubt a lot of people will really feel comfortable using bitcoin and as a buyer of bitcoin, i think people willl be more comfortable if they will earn a huge profit with bitcoin and that will only happen when the value of btc will pump again.
Activity: 339
Merit: 120
I believe the answer to your question would be when the big supermarkets accept some form of btc for their goods.

I agree with this given that peoplew ere very engage in supermarkets and having a stored value of Bitcoin ofr an easy market consuming will be a good idea for the people to buy and sell goods in a short period of time, we can say that we can make most of the people acquire in this platform if this platform will be included to the daily based entities.
Activity: 392
I think, people will feel comfortable using bitcoin if bitcoin can be accepted and used in all places and we can use it easily, so everyone will also know and use bitcoin
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
BTC is accepted or used by many people. Most people know that when BTC is used, it should be very comfortable.

Pages:
Jump to: