Pages:
Author

Topic: When will people feel comfortable using BTC ? - page 41. (Read 12232 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I would argue that people will be comfortable with bitcoin when many more merchants accept bitcoin for payment and offer small discounts for using bitcoin (the merchant would save on CC fees).
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
VocalPlatform.com
Very hard question.
I think when Bitcoin become mainstream and media start to report much more about Bitcoin, people will start to change their mind and start using it.
It will took some time, of course, but I hope this will happen soon Smiley

That's why Bitcoin is currently in diapers, next years will still being profitable meanings with Bitcoin Speculation, when the prices gets steady for a long time, that's when people will start being comfortable
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
Not until this stops happening on an all too regular basis !!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-was-hacked-1170btc-stolen-500btc-max-bounty-686275

Triff ..
Maybe a better way to get people to be comfortable would be to make wallet security education more of an important topic. Today people simply have to figure it out on their own, but some don't even bother like the person in the above thread.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Very hard question.
I think when Bitcoin become mainstream and media start to report much more about Bitcoin, people will start to change their mind and start using it.
It will took some time, of course, but I hope this will happen soon Smiley
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
Not until this stops happening on an all too regular basis !!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-was-hacked-1170btc-stolen-500btc-max-bounty-686275

Triff ..
Activity: 526
Merit: 500
When will people feel comfortable using BTC ??
Never, even myself not feeling comfortable to have a lot of bitcoin due to hacker and might get stolen.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
I think still a lot time is needed for this.
It depends a lot of media promotion and political support.
Younger generation will very easily adopt Bitcoin, like everything else- Internet, Mobile phone etc.
Older generation will need more time, like for everything else Smiley
Activity: 224
VocalPlatform.com

Most of present generation - never.

Those who expect a price like $1k - $10k and happens, will continue expecting a price like $100k or more, i guess the price needs to stay

still if we want people starting feeling comfortable...
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
Maybe once a service like Circle comes out and offers safety and usability we might see some average non-techie people begin to use bitcoin. That is of course assuming Circle actually ever releases and operates their service like they are saying that they will.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
An important aspect of bitcoin is that we need only the small number of transactions where the advantages are obvious, in the beginning. There is no need to create a large project in a country, millions invested, cross fingers and hope. The adoption can be organic. Then the network effect starts. Therefore, success in all countries is guaranteed.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1132
I think it will take a few years, people will get used and will enjoy.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Comfortable for using BTC for what? For the exchange rate speculations - already comfortable. For buying and selling things and sevices - I guess when the exchange rate become more stable...
Activity: 182
Need to make wallet more secure and easy to use.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Most of present generation - never.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I already feel comfortable
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

About 2 weeks after they start using it.
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
The point I was trying to make was that all the proposed
security features/procedures are geared towards foiling 'access' to one's wallet ..
I'm suggesting that there needs to be an additional security step from within
the wallet prior to allowing a withdrawal to procede .. I'm thinking something similar
to COINBASE who calls me with a 'key code' in order to initiate a withdrawal of BTC
from my account ..

Triff ..
Activity: 406

When there is a completely dumbed down simple to use secure brain wallet ..

Triff ..
Brain wallets are already dumbed down. A brain wallet is nothing more then a password to get to your private key. The issue is that humans are generally not random so it is easy to guess the "password" to any given brain wallet. 
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
When government-run lotteries switch from fiat to BTC.
Even if the lottery was based in bitcoin and people were not comfortable then people would simply exchange their winnings into fiat when they win.
Activity: 266
How hard is it to 'hack' TD Ameritrade, Vanguard, Fidelity user accounts  ??
I'm sure that it's possible to break/hack nearly all wallet security features ..
But what type of hacks are probable ??
Mass adoption requires that the user trust the security features in place ..
Someone could hack my Fidelity account, but they wouldn't be able to steal my funds ..
There needs to be a security step from within the wallet that would prevent an unauthorized withdrawal ..

Just sayin'

Triff ..
It would be useless to hack any of those kinds of accounts because once you are in the account all you could do is withdraw funds to a bank account that the owner owns and controls. If you were able to somehow withdraw funds to your own bank account they could simply reverse the transaction to recover the funds and could easily trace your identity (just check who owns the account the funds were sent to)
Pages:
Jump to: