Pages:
Author

Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining? - page 29. (Read 4861 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 0
we first need to improve what we have first before even going further. We need to improve the mining on ASICs, GPUs first.
After that we need to implement mining on CPUs, which is not likely to be ideal.
If CPUs future can mine as good as GPUs today, we can then stop forward and do on mobiles.
Activity: 130
It will probably be very long to see the phones we use are still not strong enough to survive in bitcoin mining. Maybe later in the future when the mobile phone is very sophisticated can be.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

Storage capacity and processor in smartphones isn't the same as in computers, that are capable of mining. About hardware wallet - this is some easier aim to achieve and that's why a well-known Chinese company Huawei with about 25% IT networks market share (which is quite a lot) is about to launch a project, where their new smartphones will have built-in BTC wallets and they also want to release BTC wallet app. Check the link: https://cointelegraph.com/news/huawei-releases-bitcoin-wallet-in-app-store-pre-installed-on-all-new-smartphones
This, hopefully, will attract more people all over the world.
As for mining on smartphones - there's one project about to be launched by Samsung company. C-Lab (their engineering team) will take the responsibility of developing it and mining function should be available on Samsung’s Galaxy S5 smartphones. https://futurism.com/mine-bitcoins-using-40-old-galaxy-s5s/
It's been almost a year since that announcement, but I think such a difficult challenge can't be reached within short period of time.
copper member
Activity: 648
Merit: 159
I think it' hard to be realized, you know smartphone haven't feature to running the mining program. This will destroy your phone, just using the smartphone for crypto wallet is good enough.
Activity: 296
Merit: 10
Since Bitcoin and cryptocurrency have become famous worldwide, some application developers have created many cryptocurrency exploit applications. But exploring cryptocurrency with smartphones is not a great idea
Activity: 271
If you want to exploit Bitcoin, then you can use your money to buy specialized equipment used for the purpose of exploiting cryptocurrency. Smartphones are only used for communication or entertainment purposes
Activity: 1372
Merit: 106
Available for rent
I have heard of people that buy phones cheaply and set-up a mining rig from phones. Not sure if it is for Bitcoin, but I have seen garages with over 2000 phones to mine crypto. Don't know how much H/s you would get from that to mine bitcoin specifically, but you can definitely try. The problem/cause solution here is the profitability.

No, currently there are no smartphones capable enough to mine bitcoins.

Also, keep in mind that the difficulty to mine is increasing with time and thus we will need stronger devices in future.
Activity: 261
It won't happen.

Smartphone for bitcoin mining? you are just destroying your phone.

Smartphone as digital wallet, you can simply download an app / wallet and that's how you make it as your wallet.
Agree with your comments. I also think cryptocurrency mining on smartphones is not necessary. we pay a lot money to buy a smart phone. but if we use it for cryptocurrency exploit, the phone will be very broken quickly

copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
Now the era of mining bitcoin on your computer have long gone and you would never be able to mine bitcoins on your mobile as the ASICS are quiet efficient in mining bitcoins so a smartphone can't be feasible economically to mine bitcoins as the high end smartphones are quiet costly so people would also be scared to use costly smartphones to mine cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 507
Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin
Smartphone have small mother board  and hash rate also very low so too much heat produced in mining. Because Bitcoin mining is the hardest part so smartphone will damage soon.
 But future cooling smartphone is possible and they will supporting for Bitcoin mining.
Activity: 88
does it currently have a powerful smartphone to operate for 48 hours without stopping?
if not, then the answer is impossible to mine using smarphone.
Activity: 122
Merit: 1
Sure it could, but it wouldn't be worth doing so. One of the very powerful things about Bitcoin is that it self-regulates how rapidly new coins are mined via a difficulty factor. As a result, the difficulty represents how much aggregate compute power is put toward mining, and it's a *serious* amount of computing. The difficulty is extremely high, and mining BTC without serious, application-specific chipsets is a non-starter, even for very powerful CPUs on a computer system. They simply can't keep up with the ASICs out there.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
there is now option to mine some cryptocurrencies for example minergate or electroneum

This application may be available on the internet or on the playstore but I don't think you will be able to earn anything good here. The best thing about android or smart phones is that it is efficient for communicating and for some entertainment. It has some hardware that let it play games and applications but it can't really do a mining algorithm. Instead of wrecking your phones using it to mining, better buy a certain hardware for that work.
Activity: 71
Smartphones are not that strong and powerful enough to be used for Bitcoin mining. You might end up destroying your phone by attempting this. The best option may be from getting some free coins from faucethub or coinpot.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
although it's not bitcoin, but monero and electroneum provide mining with your phone.
you can check the article about mining electroneum with your phone here : https://coincentral.com/is-mobile-mining-profitable/
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
It is impossible that smartphones will be used in mining because there are certain performance and limit that a smartphone will need before it will be used for mining. Even smartphones can do many things nowadays it is not capable in mining.
copper member
Activity: 294
There's this ICO project  I read their white paper some time back, its talking about how they could make mining easy with smart phones.
So I believe its getting closer.
Activity: 96
I have heard of people that buy phones cheaply and set-up a mining rig from phones. Not sure if it is for Bitcoin, but I have seen garages with over 2000 phones to mine crypto. Don't know how much H/s you would get from that to mine bitcoin specifically, but you can definitely try. The problem/cause solution here is the profitability.
Activity: 53
there is now option to mine some cryptocurrencies for example minergate or electroneum
Activity: 238
very very unlikely to happen in my personal opinion. Because smartphone devices cannot do that yet. Indeed technology in the smartphone world so perfect. In terms of hardware alone is remote. Because one rig is heavy and to mine requires a very fast processor. I've tried to mine in minergate on my phone that's been very heavy with the state of my new smartphone buy and specifications are above average. So the smartphone is only for wallet and monitors only.
Pages:
Jump to: