Pages:
Author

Topic: Where are we? - page 2. (Read 3569 times)

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
September 22, 2014, 02:43:25 PM
we are definetly in the innovator | early adopter line. as more bitcoin infrastructure is being built. even the bitcoin protocol is still at 0.9 meaning its not even version 1 yet.

bitcoin is not the dying breed, cyberpinoy is the dying breed. he thinks demand is dying. the actual reality is that bitcoin is not dying, just the PHP exchanges are dying.

i personally trade away from exchanges and the demand is HUGE. the simple fact is that whales wont touch PHP exchanges due to lack of trust of third parties, and AMLKYC regulations limiting FIAT movements.

so these PHP based exchanges are no longer playing around with 50k coins a day, but rather 12k a day. whilst private trading has increased immensely.

i truly laugh at cyberpinoy because he is watching the outdated and dying exchanges that play 99% with satoshi dust amounts per trade, while the smart ones are seeing large volumes and better prices of $500, simply because people can get bitcoin from fiat alot easier privately instead of through the red tape of exchanges.

a prime example of what everyone should be doing is what happened in February 2014. once people realized they could not get FIAT out of MTGOX. yea it took them from December 2013 - February 2014 to realize it, but once they did the smart ones ignored mtgox's price and started to value bitcoins from other sources. even when mtgox sank to $100, no one gave a crap, as the other exchanges remained at 4x that value.

i cannot wait for the basement dweller coded exchanges to die off and the people to start to value bitcoin based on private trading rather then trying to peg the value of 13million+ coins based on movements of just a few thousand coins on an PHP exchange.
Could you please explain, what you mean by private trading? Do you mean e.g. LocalBitcoins?

localbitcoins
bitcoinOTC
private sites
other places that only whales (1000+btc) know, that wont be posted on public forums for noobs to invade

you will see that once public OTC's/ETF's are properly running, they will take over where basement dweller PHP exchanges left off.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 22, 2014, 01:50:34 PM
Im pretty sure we aren't past early adopter phase. Only after we get "Pay with Bitcoin" in big ass places such as ebay, we'll see a legitimate big adoption happening. Pretty sure we are now in stealth phase.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
September 22, 2014, 01:49:17 PM
Bitcoin owners are in the position of Segway owners. It works surprisingly well. It's useful. It's not going to go big.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 22, 2014, 01:28:25 PM

This is a bell curve. We are by mathematical definition well within the "innovator" portion of that curve, as less than 1% of the world's population currently uses Bitcoin.

I have marked 0.5% for you in red, to give you an idea of just how early we are in this game.

with DELL and paypal and other big names jumping in, we are at the Early Majority.
It turns out Bitcoin is not limited to use by American companies, but is in fact a global currency useable to all businesses and all people. You must consider the fraction of potential use cases, be scientific.
You make the assumption that 100% of the world's population will use bitcoins eventually. That's just not gonna happen.
Just 39% of the world population is currently using the Internet.

Even if 10% of world population use BTC, it will be enormous.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
September 22, 2014, 01:08:50 PM

This is a bell curve. We are by mathematical definition well within the "innovator" portion of that curve, as less than 1% of the world's population currently uses Bitcoin.

I have marked 0.5% for you in red, to give you an idea of just how early we are in this game.

with DELL and paypal and other big names jumping in, we are at the Early Majority.
It turns out Bitcoin is not limited to use by American companies, but is in fact a global currency useable to all businesses and all people. You must consider the fraction of potential use cases, be scientific.
You make the assumption that 100% of the world's population will use bitcoins eventually. That's just not gonna happen.
Just 39% of the world population is currently using the Internet.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
September 22, 2014, 12:54:27 PM

Early adopters.  Gone are the days of 100-1000x returns.  Maybe we will get a return of 10x in the next year and maybe $25,000 coin in the distant future if everything works out ok.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
September 22, 2014, 12:36:34 PM

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 22, 2014, 09:05:46 AM
we are definetly in the innovator | early adopter line. as more bitcoin infrastructure is being built. even the bitcoin protocol is still at 0.9 meaning its not even version 1 yet.

bitcoin is not the dying breed, cyberpinoy is the dying breed. he thinks demand is dying. the actual reality is that bitcoin is not dying, just the PHP exchanges are dying.

i personally trade away from exchanges and the demand is HUGE. the simple fact is that whales wont touch PHP exchanges due to lack of trust of third parties, and AMLKYC regulations limiting FIAT movements.

so these PHP based exchanges are no longer playing around with 50k coins a day, but rather 12k a day. whilst private trading has increased immensely.

i truly laugh at cyberpinoy because he is watching the outdated and dying exchanges that play 99% with satoshi dust amounts per trade, while the smart ones are seeing large volumes and better prices of $500, simply because people can get bitcoin from fiat alot easier privately instead of through the red tape of exchanges.

a prime example of what everyone should be doing is what happened in February 2014. once people realized they could not get FIAT out of MTGOX. yea it took them from December 2013 - February 2014 to realize it, but once they did the smart ones ignored mtgox's price and started to value bitcoins from other sources. even when mtgox sank to $100, no one gave a crap, as the other exchanges remained at 4x that value.

i cannot wait for the basement dweller coded exchanges to die off and the people to start to value bitcoin based on private trading rather then trying to peg the value of 13million+ coins based on movements of just a few thousand coins on an PHP exchange.

Franky, quick (and might be stupid) question but how are bitcoins being valued outside of the PHP exchanges?
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
September 22, 2014, 09:05:10 AM
We are still in the early adopter. Just wait till the big guys like Amazon and Paypal / eBay and other industries start dabbling in bitcoin then you'll see.
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
September 22, 2014, 08:58:10 AM
C'mon 5 years passed

Activity: 882
September 22, 2014, 07:50:52 AM
I think we're still in the innovator phase. I'd say it will take another year or two to be comfortably in the early adopter stage.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
September 22, 2014, 07:41:02 AM

Could you please explain, what you mean by private trading? Do you mean e.g. LocalBitcoins?
Activity: 51
Merit: 502
September 22, 2014, 07:39:15 AM

So whats the future of exchanges?

And how can we value the true price of bitcoin without exchanges?
Activity: 270
September 22, 2014, 07:34:03 AM
if you believe bitcoin will become the next bing thing next only to the internet itself, we are on the early adopters stage based on adoption numbers only, if you think bitcoin is ded we laggards.

I think this is the exciting thing about bitcoin. We really still could become very wealthy early adopters, or we could also lose everything and be the losers in what was a failed experiment. I believe bitcoin has a bit of length in it yet though.
Activity: 66
You just lost
September 22, 2014, 07:32:47 AM
LEt's not worry about where we are on that chart and concentrate on getting more people into bitcoin and then hopefully we will have still been in the early stages when we look back on this in the near future.
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
September 22, 2014, 07:29:22 AM
It is impossible to say without knowing the future.  If Bitcoin dies somehow tomorrow then we are laggards
Activity: 66
September 22, 2014, 06:43:48 AM
I think bitcoin is still in the early stages especially if we get a few massive merchants on board and we keep getting lots of smaller ones. Let's just wait and see.
Activity: 338
September 22, 2014, 06:42:42 AM
Hard to say whether we're still the early adopters on the early majority. I think we could still be in the latter but only time will tell on that front.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
September 22, 2014, 06:39:54 AM
It's either Innovators or Laggards at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1344
September 22, 2014, 06:19:21 AM
its going to be a big economic driver everyone will want an android phone just to use coin, its going to be an experience to witness
Pages:
Jump to: