Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you store your altcoins? - page 3. (Read 1656 times)

Activity: 646
Merit: 252
PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor
August 22, 2017, 06:48:22 AM
I don't use other wallets for my altcoins other than myetherwallet.com for Etherium-based altcoins and ETC and waveswallet.io for my waves-based coins. But not for long because I don't store them for a very long time. I always trade them.
Activity: 311
Merit: 100
August 22, 2017, 06:45:34 AM
Perhaps myetherwallet could be your choice because its performance is good equipped with adequate security like a private key, the json file and also more, myetherwallet has a fee which is not too big and not too little adjusting of nominal transactions. myetherwallet having problems login in the insecurity of phishing scams so should take care to use it.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
August 22, 2017, 06:39:53 AM
I used mostly the main wallet for altcoins (ex. myetherwallet) because i'm planning on investing it on a long term. Don't ever trust those exchanges, just put your wallet to the official wallet of the altcoin. People here told you to stay away to poloniex and bittrex, that's why don't trust any exchanges for your altcoins if you want to invest it for a long term.
Activity: 936
August 22, 2017, 06:33:51 AM
I keep in wallet offline, because right now a lot of hackers targeting altcoin. and I just enter to the exchanger if the medium wants to sell it and it was only in the nominal specific
Activity: 152
August 22, 2017, 06:32:21 AM
Most of my altcoins are on exchange like bittrex, poloniex and so on. The etherum asserts are in the myetherwallet. And if some of the top marketcap coins are in their own wallets!
Activity: 406
Merit: 104
August 22, 2017, 06:27:55 AM
I only got my Espers in a wallet.
I think it's such a hassle getting them and saving the coins etc.
Most of my coins are on two different exchanges. Also, the one I mine is on the pool.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 277
August 22, 2017, 06:23:46 AM
Exactly what answer are you looking for over here ? There are two ways to keep your coins. On an exchange or in the actual wallet.  Obviously we going to tell you to use the original altcoin wallet why would you use any other. You know an exchange is a bad place to put your coins so why are you even asking here as if we going to give you some magical answer ? Like what exactly are you expecting here ?

As the above user say stay away from polo and bittrex. Bittrex are idiots. They locked my account and said I must verify since it was worth over $1000 which it wasn't. When I told them they I locked it right away. If they want my details I want theirs.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 21, 2017, 11:39:55 PM
I store some of them in wallets and other on the exchanges.

But, I don't suggest you to leave it on Poloniex because today I got banned for no reason and I still didn't get unban... This is the last time that I am using it, that's for sure.

Uh, that sounds worrisome. I know there are a lot of complaints about them right now. Could you elaborate a bit? Did they provide a reason for freezing the account?

This is why you should avoid exchanges. Bittrex is locking lots of accounts and enforcing verification, and Poloniex has been plagued by these kinds of complaints for months already. Stay safe out there, and keep minimal amounts on the exchanges. I only trade long term because of this, and I tend to enter/exit positions over several days to avoid having much funds locked on the exchange at any one time.

No, they didn't give me reason for that. And I assure you I haven't done anything ilegally.

I just got this. I guess they made mistake somehow...

I wrote ticket to them like 12 hours ago and still they didn't do anything about that... I hope they will fix that as soon as possible.
Activity: 196
August 21, 2017, 11:28:29 PM
Mostly I store some of them in exchanges, and then depending on the situation, change into bitcoins and transfer to the Bitcoin Core
Activity: 697
Merit: 520
August 21, 2017, 11:23:49 PM

But, I don't suggest you to leave it on Poloniex because today I got banned for no reason and I still didn't get unban... This is the last time that I am using it, that's for sure.

Uh, that sounds worrisome. I know there are a lot of complaints about them right now. Could you elaborate a bit? Did they provide a reason for freezing the account?

This is why you should avoid exchanges. Bittrex is locking lots of accounts and enforcing verification, and Poloniex has been plagued by these kinds of complaints for months already. Stay safe out there, and keep minimal amounts on the exchanges. I only trade long term because of this, and I tend to enter/exit positions over several days to avoid having much funds locked on the exchange at any one time.
Activity: 434
August 21, 2017, 11:02:14 PM

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
August 21, 2017, 10:39:42 PM
If it is just a small amount or used for trading, then I keep it in the exchanges I bought them. But if it is a large amount or for hodling, I install its wallet in a desktop and use the wallet for safe keeping. Keeping coins is risky so I keep long term investment in desktop wallet.
Activity: 123
August 21, 2017, 07:09:09 PM
yap if you have ethereum token you can save it in myetherwallet, and if you don't have eth token just save your altcoin in destkop wallet
and if you want to trading i think bittrex safe better than polo
Activity: 212
Follow ME : @EllenDonley
August 21, 2017, 06:46:54 PM
PC then to 2/3 usb dongles
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Coinhoarder
August 21, 2017, 06:35:47 PM
Sadly I till got all my money on exchanges. Spread around a few and 2FA on all, but still not good. Kinda want to buy a laptop and install Quebes OS to have a tiny VM per wallet for cold storage. A cheap used x230 or something.
Activity: 489
August 21, 2017, 06:28:25 PM
I use main wallet of altcoins,but sometime Im not using it because altcoins is not regularly I am earning,Because the most and many coins i earn is bitcoin thats why when I earn altcoins I just Transfer and trade it to peso.
Activity: 697
Merit: 520
August 21, 2017, 06:18:14 PM
i'm having some issues deciding on what wallet should i use..

thinking about just leaving it on the exchange, what are your thoughts?

currently investing in 8 altcoins

This is the dilemma of altcoins. If you want to invest in low market cap coins (for huge potential gains), you need to download a bunch of suspicious wallets. Otherwise, you need to keep your coins on shady exchanges that could disappear tomorrow, or get hacked.

Either get a dedicated machine and/or use virtual machines to segregate these altcoin wallets from your host machine (and your main BTC/ETH/LTC wallets, i.e. real money)... or risk holding coins on exchanges.

The other alternative is to stick to large market cap altcoins only. Then you can use things like Jaxx. MEW is also a decent option for ERC20 tokens.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
GeoPin: Blockchain-based interface to the physical
August 21, 2017, 06:16:25 PM
Activity: 647
Merit: 500
The Operating System for DAOs
August 21, 2017, 06:12:13 PM
If you have Ethereum based tokens you should use Mist or Myetherwallet. If you have other tokens it's always hard to install all wallets but considering your investment amount you have to need that.
Never save all your balance in exchanges. We know a lot of them got hacked or went awol before.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
August 21, 2017, 06:09:59 PM
I store it on my desktop wallet then I save the private keys  and print and store it in a safe place. Some coins that I bought from exchanges, I leave it in there since I am trading frequently. Its good to have a paper wallet or store in pen drive too.
Pages:
Jump to: