Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you think we are in the bubble? - page 4. (Read 10071 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
February 01, 2013, 06:20:49 AM
In a bubble people will buy out of panic, there is not enough panic in the market yet--nothing close to what we had last time. People are still buying quite cautiously, and many are buying to spend, many are dumping, usually in huge amount, no single day long green candle yet, if this is a bubble, then perhaps all great long-term price rises should be classified as bubbles as well. I am not saying that the price would not go down, I just don't think it's a bubble-not yet.

You are right in the sense that the only panic buying of the latest, was from Gox Dollar accounts plus some additional 10-15% new cash.

However there are wallets out there with people that mined a little or much in 2009-2010, and they might feel it is worth while to register with Gox now and collect!

The sideways periods are a good detector for old coins going into circulation, so if we stay at around 20 for a week or three, I will consider your assumption right.

What you describe is a hype bubble, but all bubbles are, when they start to decline the asset was overvalued i.e. an unfunded hype.

I'm not saying that the price now is unsustainable or that we are going to see a crash soon, just that it will go down again. The cycle lows are usually a better indicator of support than the peaks.

I could agree with many of the things you said, but what I think we should really be aware of is that when the people on this forum talk about "Bubble", what they most likely have somewhere in their minds a specific phenomenon they have seen before, thus I think it is worth pointing out the difference between what we are seeing now and "that" phenomenon.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
February 01, 2013, 05:40:34 AM
In a bubble people will buy out of panic, there is not enough panic in the market yet--nothing close to what we had last time. People are still buying quite cautiously, and many are buying to spend, many are dumping, usually in huge amount, no single day long green candle yet, if this is a bubble, then perhaps all great long-term price rises should be classified as bubbles as well. I am not saying that the price would not go down, I just don't think it's a bubble-not yet.

You are right in the sense that the only panic buying of the latest, was from Gox Dollar accounts plus some additional 10-15% new cash.

However there are wallets out there with people that mined a little or much in 2009-2010, and they might feel it is worth while to register with Gox now and collect!

The sideways periods are a good detector for old coins going into circulation, so if we stay at around 20 for a week or three, I will consider your assumption right.

What you describe is a hype bubble, but all bubbles are, when they start to decline the asset was overvalued i.e. an unfunded hype.

I'm not saying that the price now is unsustainable or that we are going to see a crash soon, just that it will go down again. The cycle lows are usually a better indicator of support than the peaks.
February 01, 2013, 05:17:24 AM
Activity: 504
February 01, 2013, 04:53:32 AM
I can't help myself being amused by some of the replys in this thread.

Bitcoin, as an oposition to the manipulated markets, wrecked by the banks, should at least make people think about the psycology of speculation.

Ofcause this is a bubble! The question is when we have seen the apex of it!
Activity: 931
Merit: 500
February 01, 2013, 04:33:49 AM
In the beginning of the slope:

from:  The Autodesk File - (1994) - by founder and former CEO John Walker
February 01, 2013, 04:32:24 AM
We may not have entered the bubble phase yet, as long as we get a correction every two days. In a bubble there would be nearly no correction until the busting.
Activity: 476
moOo
February 01, 2013, 01:02:15 AM
the effects of the rewards being halved were bought into the system long before it happened, this is why we left the 5 dollar zone.
Activity: 756
February 01, 2013, 12:55:27 AM
I don't know if we've reached the first selloff........or if that was the $14 13 range
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
February 01, 2013, 12:40:21 AM

If the past is any indicator of how this market works, that leveling off will occur by overshooting the level-off point by a large margin, then undershooting it by a large margin, then bouncing around a few times before quieting down.

+1 that; BTC finds actual market price via wild swings. Hopefully, these swings would get milder with time, but for now we'll definitely overshoot.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
January 31, 2013, 09:48:53 PM
As long as Ben do not tighten, exchange price will rise
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
January 31, 2013, 05:50:50 PM
Charts are great - but we aren't in a bubble here - This is the expected result of the block reward halving should level off at some point soon (between 24 and 30).

If the past is any indicator of how this market works, that leveling off will occur by overshooting the level-off point by a large margin, then undershooting it by a large margin, then bouncing around a few times before quieting down.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
January 31, 2013, 05:27:16 PM
Charts are great - but we aren't in a bubble here - This is the expected result of the block reward halving should level off at some point soon (between 24 and 30).

? We all knew the block reward was coming.  Its not like everyone is just realizing it.

We knew it happened, but did we realize the effects? Did we know what to feel? I don't think we can until it's happened at least once (this last drop). Next time it'll be factored in more tightly, as in it won't have such a lagged cause-effect reaction.
legendary
Activity: 1008
January 31, 2013, 05:25:39 PM

? We all knew the block reward was coming.  Its not like everyone is just realizing it.
Activity: 420
January 31, 2013, 05:24:07 PM
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
January 31, 2013, 04:50:36 PM

Are you predicting a rise to 80 - 100 USD before the bear market, because that is what this chart comparison seems to indicate?
legendary
January 31, 2013, 04:50:16 PM

Activity: 700
daytrader/superhero
January 31, 2013, 04:32:06 PM
Would you be interested in a deal where you buy the right to sell coins to me for $8 each at the end of the year? I'm willing to denominate this in gold too and we can settle with coin if we both want or I can ship.

I'm not really interested in a Futures Contract, but there is probably a good market for them here....try the goods and services subforum, you might get some bites there.

I'm in and out of the market in time to catch a crash with negligible profit losses (I stay in usd most of time) so a Futures contract wont benefit me much and doesn't mesh with my trading strategy, as I see no need to hedge.
Activity: 476
The first is by definition not flawed.
January 31, 2013, 04:23:02 PM
evolve is short
thats all

charts are charts
lots of them can be made
market is market
market is always right

and your behaviour can be influenced by charts

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
January 31, 2013, 04:12:47 PM
Our little community is at greed/enthusiasm, but the rest of the world is lagging slightly behind at media attention Smiley

I agree our community is at greed/enthusiasm, but the rest of the world has never heard of a bitcoin, so I would put them somewhere around the middle of "stealth phase".

legendary
January 31, 2013, 03:58:17 PM
Our little community is at greed/enthusiasm, but the rest of the world is lagging slightly behind at media attention Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: