Pages:
Author

Topic: Where should I keep my btc $? - page 2. (Read 3220 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
I don’t care
February 13, 2017, 09:31:28 AM
Just convert it to altcoins like eth or maybe xmr as eth won't give u a big profit and loss is also less and for xmr the price is increasing. So as you said you are fully sure the price of bitcoin is going to drop then convert it to anyone you may get a profit from these coins when bitcoin price falls down convert back to bitcoin.
Also I wouldn't recommend you to convert to PayPal because converting it back to btc is really frustrating and takes lot's of fees.

Like I said I already converted it to an altcoin called Tether which is static, that means 1 USDT(theter)=1 USD and it will always be like this. But I also invested like $50 on xmr and I'll keep it there for a year I guess.
And by the way, fuck Paypal, I'll never use that.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
February 13, 2017, 02:53:30 AM
Just convert it to altcoins like eth or maybe xmr as eth won't give u a big profit and loss is also less and for xmr the price is increasing. So as you said you are fully sure the price of bitcoin is going to drop then convert it to anyone you may get a profit from these coins when bitcoin price falls down convert back to bitcoin.
Also I wouldn't recommend you to convert to PayPal because converting it back to btc is really frustrating and takes lot's of fees.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 847
February 11, 2017, 04:15:35 AM
I currently have around $350 btc, I'm pretty sure btc is gonna drop in the next days, and I'm gonna lose a lot of money if I don't invest it somewhere else. I tried to invest it on OG usernames, but that's still a risk, cause I'm not sure I will ever sell them back, so I only spent $40; I tried to exchange it for Paypal, and still, I'm not sure at all, because Paypal is a pain in the ass, my account is semi verified (only have linked a credit card), my previous accounts have been always limited with large amounts of $, I lost a lot, that's why I'm not willing to lost it again.
Then, how should I keep this money? I was thinking about buying Amazon giftcards, not for personal use ( I don't use Amazon at all), but just as a static "wallet", which I could use to buy other giftcards and sell them again for btc when the price is kind of stable. Would that be possible? Is it possible to buy Amazon Giftcards using my Amazon balance?

If you want to buy amazon gift card with bitcoins, than you need to be in US because outside US it's not possible. Also if paypal is so painful, than why are you using it? Try skrill and etc. I suggest you to use poloniex, signup here, load your bitcoins and than exchange them and hold that btc on poloniex wallet, to my mind they are safe and also US based.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 505
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
February 10, 2017, 07:22:24 AM
Thank you all for your responses.
I ended up making a Bittrex account and converting my BTC into Tether through Shapeshift.io
Thoughts?

I've never heard of Tether before until this post, so I looked their service up. Their business model seems quite interesting and if their service is as advertised, I think your decision was fine. Does Tether have a bitcointalk thread that people can look through?

i can't see any tracks on them in this furom so im wandering how legit they are and where we can see some feedbacks among their service offered? But on another hand its truly great for hin to open up an bittrex account and let him explore on which altcoin who is promising so that he can earn some profits in another way but.just make sure that we got some knowledge bullets on this so that we can avoid losses, and its better to have many alternatives rather than focusing on one.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
February 09, 2017, 11:26:21 PM
I ended up making a Bittrex account and converting my BTC into Tether through Shapeshift.io
Thoughts?

I've never heard of Tether before until this post, so I looked their service up. Their business model seems quite interesting and if their service is as advertised, I think your decision was fine. Does Tether have a bitcointalk thread that people can look through?
I don’t care
February 09, 2017, 10:35:43 AM
Thoughts?
Activity: 924
February 08, 2017, 02:34:38 AM
I currently have around $350 btc, I'm pretty sure btc is gonna drop in the next days, and I'm gonna lose a lot of money if I don't invest it somewhere else. I tried to invest it on OG usernames, but that's still a risk, cause I'm not sure I will ever sell them back, so I only spent $40; I tried to exchange it for Paypal, and still, I'm not sure at all, because Paypal is a pain in the ass, my account is semi verified (only have linked a credit card), my previous accounts have been always limited with large amounts of $, I lost a lot, that's why I'm not willing to lost it again.
Then, how should I keep this money? I was thinking about buying Amazon giftcards, not for personal use ( I don't use Amazon at all), but just as a static "wallet", which I could use to buy other giftcards and sell them again for btc when the price is kind of stable. Would that be possible? Is it possible to buy Amazon Giftcards using my Amazon balance?

You can check bitcoinwisdom.com then you will see many exchange there, such as bitfinex, kraken, okcoin, and others you can sign up there on which of them you like to put your investment then you can do sell or buy its up you. but can ask other about your problems, this is just an advice.
Activity: 170
January 30, 2017, 09:01:10 AM
Trezor!!
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2417
January 02, 2017, 09:20:34 AM
Just write your private keys on a paper. That's the safest option.

Memorize them if you have a strong password memory. That's even safer.

3rd option is using electrum wallet. I personally do this one. But i ll start working to memorize my private key as soon as possible.

Wallets can be hacked, papers can be destroyed but nobody can enter my mind. I i lose my mind somehow, it won't matter anyway Cheesy
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
January 02, 2017, 09:16:34 AM
Well,There are many ways to store Bitcoins but while we are talking about safety a backup of your wallet should be need.So in the cases I'd like recommend you using poloniex.They're pretty safe so simply open it and use it.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
December 31, 2016, 03:36:50 PM
Just open an account on a trading site like coinbase, poloniex, kraken, bitfinex, or a multitude of others.  Deposit your bitcoin and sell to USD and you can hold the USD on their site.  Then when your ready to buy back in, you can instantly purchase the btc back.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 31, 2016, 03:32:24 PM
Currently you have $350 in BTCs, right? When did you buy it? You fear to lose money as the BTC price will probably down soon, so you can sell it now or wait a bit more, when you see the price will down fast, sell it and buy again when the price becomes stable lower than the price we see now.

If you bought the BTCs when they were costing $700-$800 you can make some profit. But if you don't want to sell it, I think the best to do is to continue holding, on long term it's still most probable Bitcoin will have the price increased.

I used to sell a lot of stuff (legally obtained) on different forums in exchange for BTC and managed to earn around $340, in the last few weeks BTC has been rising up and my balance went from $340 to $420. I need to sell it not only because of profit, but because I spent around $80 already and I'm sure the price is going to fall so my losses are gonna be extremely high.
I came to the conclusion that I will convert my btc to eth through shapeshift.io, but I don't know anything about its rates so I really don't know how much I should be supposed to get for a specific amount of btc.

Add me on skype if you can help me: skinedd0

Hmm, understood. I don't deal with altcoins, what I would do is to exchange BTCs to dollar, wait the BTC price falls and exchange the dollar to BTCs again to continue holding it. I trust more Bitcoins, so I prefer to deal in big amounts only with this. But you can ask in Alt coins section (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0) your doubts about it.

Sorry, I don't have Skype.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
December 29, 2016, 11:11:30 PM
If you afraid to lose money then you should not spend those bitcoin and its really normal for bitcoin to drop its price but it wont dip too much.If you bought 800-900 then there are risk to lose profits or decreasing your money if bitcoin price will bounce down but don't panic because it will eventually rise up on longer runs.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
December 29, 2016, 05:43:25 PM

Still confused? Afraid of investment online or any related thing to that?

Well if that is the case, then it's not the time for you now to deal with the risk of investing online since you are afraid. You are confused on your experience online. Wanna take a break at the real world? Convert your bitcoin now and start doing business and investment in the real world. It's up to you what you preferred. And use the earnings there to buy again bitcoin on regular basis.

It will take time just be patience. It will be a good success if handled properly.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 29, 2016, 05:35:58 PM
Idk if you ever heard something called google.  But i can help you if you see eth price is 8.3$ according to coinbase so u have 350$ that means you will get 42.16 eth for 350$. But if you get below that after exchanging the difference you get is the fees shapeshift took. Basically there fees isn't that high tbh and also about storing just open a account on coinbase and add a 2FA which means if anyone wants to send btc he needs a code which will be sent to the owners device through an app. If you want just put it in the vault it will 48 to withdraw the btc even after u have verified every single thing. Hope it helped
I don’t care
December 29, 2016, 01:27:53 PM
Currently you have $350 in BTCs, right? When did you buy it? You fear to lose money as the BTC price will probably down soon, so you can sell it now or wait a bit more, when you see the price will down fast, sell it and buy again when the price becomes stable lower than the price we see now.

If you bought the BTCs when they were costing $700-$800 you can make some profit. But if you don't want to sell it, I think the best to do is to continue holding, on long term it's still most probable Bitcoin will have the price increased.

I used to sell a lot of stuff (legally obtained) on different forums in exchange for BTC and managed to earn around $340, in the last few weeks BTC has been rising up and my balance went from $340 to $420. I need to sell it not only because of profit, but because I spent around $80 already and I'm sure the price is going to fall so my losses are gonna be extremely high.
I came to the conclusion that I will convert my btc to eth through shapeshift.io, but I don't know anything about its rates so I really don't know how much I should be supposed to get for a specific amount of btc.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 29, 2016, 01:11:05 PM

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 29, 2016, 12:12:13 PM
For Poloniex:

- Signup there, fund your Poloniex account with BTC.
- Sell your BTC in exchange of USDT (at current rates).
- After this your balance will be keep as USD.
- In the future you should be able to sell your USD in exchange of BTC again (or some other coin).

See: http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/tether-now-integrated-with-poloniex-exchange-1995274.htm

For Uphold:

- Signup, select the "USD Card" provided by Uphold.
- Select "Fund with cryptocurrency", they will generate a deposit address for you.
- You send your BTC, it will be keeped as USD.
Activity: 518
December 29, 2016, 12:11:52 PM
Hello OP, I think You must move the thread on other section to bitcoins discussion, this section is for talking about security of bitcoins and you have made thread on wrong section.
I hope you can understand about the rules of bitcointalk and for next time, please read the rules carefully before make new thread. Good luck for.
I don’t care
December 29, 2016, 12:07:42 PM
You could use the Poloniex USD Tether or a service like Uphold (uphold.com).

Mind explaining how they work?
Pages:
Jump to: