Pages:
Author

Topic: Where to deposit GBP to get BTC by Sunday? - page 2. (Read 4197 times)

Activity: 720
Merit: 500
Well it's been about 24 hours, my BitCoin withdrawal still hasn't been processed. Bit worried they won't come through on time to be honest.

This is what they say about withdrawals:
What is the "manual step" required to process some withdrawals, and how long does it take?

Withdrawals to bank accounts are usually processed on the morning of the next business day. While most withdrawals to PayPal, NETELLER, Moneybookers, and Bitcoin accounts are processed instantly, we manually check some of them for security reasons. They will be processed within 48 hours. In any case, you will receive an email confirmation when the withdrawal has been processed.

Has anyone had withdrawals processed by VirWoX on Saturdays? The fact that you've never had a payment take longer than 12 hours to process, CecilNiosaki, and mine has already been around 24 hours worries me a little.

Damn I hope it comes through on time, lol. I hope they don't hold the funds for a month or something because they think I want to reject the PayPal payment. Then again surely they'd state that if they worked that way.

I feel like talking to customer support and explaining my situation - But I'd feel like I was pestering as I haven't waited the 48 hours and as a new member paying through PayPal (reversable method of payment) they might think I'm trying to blag them. So I'd probably be best not to?

What does the BTC-Talk community reckon I should do? Tongue
All sorted, now I'm just waiting for them to pay in to my Bitcoin wallet which shouldn't take long at all. I paid through Paypal, and it was literally instant. When I bought Linden dollars (Second Life currency) it was instant, as was my transfer from SLL to BTC. It does however take 1-2 business days to withdraw my BTC, which hopefully should be fine Smiley.

The only problem with that exchange is the fact that you can't pay in decimal (as in, pay £5, 6, 7 GBP for your SLL, then when you buy BTC with SLL, 1, 2, 3 etc). I managed to get the extra couple pounds for the extra 400 SLL, so I've got my fourth bitcoin.

VirWoX is actually quite a great, fairly instant exchange site. The only thing I'm waiting for now is for them to pay my Bitcoin to my wallet.

Guys, thanks for all the suggestions, help, and even offers to trade with a noob.

Brilliant community here it seems. Smiley

Cheers everyone!
Peace and love

Glad to help, and my apologies for forgetting about the no decimals. I use SLL quite regularly, so that doesn't affect me usually. They're based in Germany, so the majority of their withdraws for BTC seem to be processed from around 4AMCST to 3PM CST, in my experience. The longest I had to wait for a withdraw was 12 hours, and that was an order placed at 8PM CST. Smiley Their customer service is also pretty top-notch. I have yet to wait more than a day for a response when I need one.
Sounds like a great exchange site! Thanks for the recommendation mate, really appreciate it Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
All sorted, now I'm just waiting for them to pay in to my Bitcoin wallet which shouldn't take long at all. I paid through Paypal, and it was literally instant. When I bought Linden dollars (Second Life currency) it was instant, as was my transfer from SLL to BTC. It does however take 1-2 business days to withdraw my BTC, which hopefully should be fine Smiley.

The only problem with that exchange is the fact that you can't pay in decimal (as in, pay £5, 6, 7 GBP for your SLL, then when you buy BTC with SLL, 1, 2, 3 etc). I managed to get the extra couple pounds for the extra 400 SLL, so I've got my fourth bitcoin.

VirWoX is actually quite a great, fairly instant exchange site. The only thing I'm waiting for now is for them to pay my Bitcoin to my wallet.

Guys, thanks for all the suggestions, help, and even offers to trade with a noob.

Cheers everyone!
Peace and love

Glad to help, and my apologies for forgetting about the no decimals. I use SLL quite regularly, so that doesn't affect me usually. They're based in Germany, so the majority of their withdraws for BTC seem to be processed from around 4AMCST to 3PM CST, in my experience. The longest I had to wait for a withdraw was 12 hours, and that was an order placed at 8PM CST. Smiley Their customer service is also pretty top-notch. I have yet to wait more than a day for a response when I need one.

Cheers everyone!
Peace and love
Now I see why there's so much BTC <-> SLL  trade.

Yeah. I think that, even if it wasn't instant, being able to buy through credit card for only a 50 cent fee is a deal.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
Now I see why there's so much BTC <-> SLL  trade.
How did you get your money into VirWoX so quick?

Credit Card through SLL client is instant, and then you deposit SLL into VirWoX instantly as well.
legendary
How did you get your money into VirWoX so quick?
I've already sent the funds through VirWoX mate, didn't intend to waste your time.

I'm now having another dilemma though... VirWoX doesn't allow you to trade in decimal. So I've got 3 BTC, and I'm 400 SLL short of buying that last coin - With no funds in my bank untill my next payday.

Now I'm after a loan of either a little bit of SLL or a Bitcoin, lol. If not I'll figure something out.

Thinking I should of gone through you now Scott, you seem genuine.

AAARRGH! lol
legendary
PM sent.
Thanks for all the help guys! Smiley Seems like a great community here.

VirWoX does GBP to SLL and SLL to BTC. You're looking at roughly 4-5% total fees if you've never traded with them, though.

Suppose I was to sign up to Second Life just to obtain SSL, is the purchase of SSL instant? And how instant would VirWoX be to turn my SSL in to BTC's? Considering this, if not might take a gamble and PM one of the posters in this thread Tongue

I've only deposited into SLL by credit card, but it is instantly. Basically VirWoX works like any exchange in that it matches you up with another order. If I did my math correctly, it currently takes 5.35GPB on VirWoX to obtain a BTC before fees.

An advantage to buying with SLL client and then into VirWoX, though, is you can deposit by credit card for only a 50 cent fee, and then the percentage it takes to convert SLL to BTC.

VirWoX seems a bit complicated to me, haha. From looking at the trade tables on that site, my feeble mind can't see what the trade rate of SLL per BTC is.

I've sent Scott a PM. - Saves me learning the ropes of a new exchange site, the sooner I get the coins the better Smiley

EDIT: On second look it doesn't seem too bad... - I'm considering using VirWoX now. Really I should probably wait untill I'm more "known" around here before trading with any members. Feel like I'm asking for it Tongue
VirWoX does GBP to SLL and SLL to BTC. You're looking at roughly 4-5% total fees if you've never traded with them, though.

Suppose I was to sign up to Second Life just to obtain SSL, is the purchase of SSL instant? And how instant would VirWoX be to turn my SSL in to BTC's? Considering this, if not might take a gamble and PM one of the posters in this thread Tongue

I've only deposited into SLL by credit card, but it is instantly. Basically VirWoX works like any exchange in that it matches you up with another order. If I did my math correctly, it currently takes 5.35GPB on VirWoX to obtain a BTC before fees.

An advantage to buying with SLL client and then into VirWoX, though, is you can deposit by credit card for only a 50 cent fee, and then the percentage it takes to convert SLL to BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Bitcoin Nordic accepts cash-by-mail (GBPs) for the purchase of bitcoins.  The are in Denmark:
 - http://www.BitcoinNordic.com

Those in the UK don't have the benefit of a cash-deposit method like those in the U.S., Canada, India, Australia, Brazil, and Russia do:
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1039728
[Update: You can deposit cash into Mt. Gox's account at any Barclays:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mtgox#UK_.28GBP.29 ]

But in the UK you can purchase UKash vouchers.  Those can then be redeemed through a CashU account and used to purchase bitcoins from Bitcoin Nordic:

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/CashU
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/UKash

You might also want to place a buy order on the #bitcoin-otc marketplace:
 - http://bitcoin-otc.com/vieworderbook.php
 - http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#bitcoin-otc-foyer
 - http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratings.php  - The #bitcoin-otc marketplace Web of Trust (WoT)

Also, you might see if there are any sellers in your area listed with LocalBitcoins:
 - http://www.LocalBitcoins.com

There is a local trader that will sell bitcoins in amounts of at least 10 BTC for cash, in-person:
 - http://londonbitcoinexchange.wordpress.com
legendary
I could possibly send you some coins, but it would mean losing a bit of interest.

If no one else can help you, we could talk about it.

If you would be willing - That would be great! I only need around 4 BTC and would definitely be alright with paying you some interest for your time. Have you got any feedback from any previous transactions on here I can have a look at by any chance?
I have completed a number of loans on here, you can see them in my post history.

You seem to have a couple of offers; if you don't go through with them let me know.

Activity: 445
Merit: 250
I've currently got 8 BTC that I would sell for transfer to an HSBC account. Also happy to buy small quantities of BTC while Intersango is between banks. I'm not trying to build a business, just to help a few people out.

Why trust me? The only thing I can offer is that I was the first person to buy an FPGA entirely with BTC (one of the first 4 X5000's).
I could possibly send you some coins, but it would mean losing a bit of interest.

If you would be willing - That would be great! I only need around 4 BTC and would definitely be alright with paying you some interest for your time. Have you got any feedback from any previous transactions on here I can have a look at by any chance?
legendary

I'm in the same boat.

I've made a small deposit to MtGox. It was done via faster payments, so they will have it by now. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to process it in tomorrows batch.

If there is any quicker way to get some coins (Below £50 worth) via a GBP faster payments transfer I'd be interested.

I don't dare to do it ya see, because if it doesn't comet through quick enough it'll just be a waste for me. So I'm after a certain way Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: