Pages:
Author

Topic: Where to deposit GBP to get BTC by Sunday? - page 3. (Read 4197 times)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
No mate, I've already made a deposit there and now my funds are stuck in limbo. Check their support page:
2012-07-24 18:51 BST

While we were previously under the impression that the problems we were having with Metro bank were due to a technical issue on their end (as this has happened before), we have been told that our account activity is being reviewed and that we must be patient during this process. We have faith that our contact at Metro bank will properly investigate the matter. They have indicated that they do not require information from us at this time. The resolution time we were given was around 1 week, however this is just an approximation.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused our userbase. We are doing everything we can to resolve the problem as fast as possible. In the future, we may not be able to accept payments quite as fast anymore to prevent fraud however we will work hard to decrease our resolution times for issues and make the experience of purchasing and selling bitcoins as easy for the UK as possible.

We understand that many people have called Metro bank and Metro has told them that there is no issue. This is entirely incorrect. We believe it in not intentional it is simply that their support staff assumes that if there is not an issue affecting all accounts or a huge number of accounts at the bank that there is not an issue with our account.

Need an alternative that can get my BitCoin to me on or before Sunday basically.

EDIT: Even if that means getting them off somebody on this site via a bank or Paypal transfer, I'd be down for that as long as they're a reputable person.

Didn;t notice that - their GBP deposit page doesn't indicate there may be a problem (not sure why they don't make it clear there before people go to deposit funds)
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
I'm in the same boat.

I've made a small deposit to MtGox. It was done via faster payments, so they will have it by now. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to process it in tomorrows batch.

If there is any quicker way to get some coins (Below £50 worth) via a GBP faster payments transfer I'd be interested.
Activity: 720
Merit: 500
Not crazy amounts, £25. Why?
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
How much £ are you talking about?
No mate, I've already made a deposit there and now my funds are stuck in limbo. Check their support page:
2012-07-24 18:51 BST

While we were previously under the impression that the problems we were having with Metro bank were due to a technical issue on their end (as this has happened before), we have been told that our account activity is being reviewed and that we must be patient during this process. We have faith that our contact at Metro bank will properly investigate the matter. They have indicated that they do not require information from us at this time. The resolution time we were given was around 1 week, however this is just an approximation.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused our userbase. We are doing everything we can to resolve the problem as fast as possible. In the future, we may not be able to accept payments quite as fast anymore to prevent fraud however we will work hard to decrease our resolution times for issues and make the experience of purchasing and selling bitcoins as easy for the UK as possible.

We understand that many people have called Metro bank and Metro has told them that there is no issue. This is entirely incorrect. We believe it in not intentional it is simply that their support staff assumes that if there is not an issue affecting all accounts or a huge number of accounts at the bank that there is not an issue with our account.

Need an alternative that can get my BitCoin to me on or before Sunday basically.

EDIT: Even if that means getting them off somebody on this site via a bank or Paypal transfer, I'd be down for that as long as they're a reputable person.
Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
Hey,

I need some BTC by Sunday, Intersango is down and MtGox takes 1-3 BUSINESS days which would be a gamble.
How can I get fast BTC for my GBP that I will have by Sunday? Or should I just take the MtGox gamble?

EDIT: Also noticed MtGox is a Barclays bank. If I deposit the GBP from a Barclays bank, will the transfer be instant?

Cheers

Intersango doesn't appear down to me.
They state "UK/SEPA/SWIFT/Polish withdrawals will not be processed between July 26th and July 30th" - but that's not bitcoins.
You should be able to deposit GBP now and start trading in a few hours.
Hey,

I need some BTC by Sunday, Intersango is down and MtGox takes 1-3 BUSINESS days which would be a gamble.
How can I get fast BTC for my GBP that I will have by Sunday? Or should I just take the MtGox gamble?

EDIT: Also noticed MtGox is a Barclays bank. If I deposit the GBP from a Barclays bank, will the transfer be instant?

Cheers
Pages:
Jump to: