Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin logo do you prefer? [I want your input for a study] - page 3. (Read 3101 times)

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
this argument is old.
now lets do something thats another old topic but atleast moving it forward

"bits" what symbols to use for a bit (100 satoshi's)

. þ . .  Þ . .  β . .  Ъ . .  ъ . (yes there is a minor difference) .  Б . .  Ѣ . .  ᵬ . . ҍ .
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Classic gets my vote, alt seems way to plain
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Prefer the classic. Find it to be more colourful, out there and interesting. The alternative one just looks too plain and dull and doesn't really stand out in a way that the classic one does.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
If I remember correctly, the bottom one is the typeset that was being proposed for ASCII right?

Anyhow, I like the classic logo way more.
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
Hi everyone,

I am going to conduct a relatively small and informal study on which is the best logo for Bitcoin, and whether a rebrand is worthwhile if the 'alternative' logo is deemed more appropriate.

Good luck on your rebrand of bitcoin.
I personally prefer the classic logo, so I have no hidden agenda with this study
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
Hi everyone,

I am going to conduct a relatively small and informal study on which is the best logo for Bitcoin, and whether a rebrand is worthwhile if the 'alternative' logo is deemed more appropriate.

Good luck on your rebrand of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Classic orange/white is perfect in my opinion.

I am using only this one while putting a bitcoin logo at any of my projects.

I don't think the other logos are bad.  I just think others are not so perfectly simple and great design.

Regards.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
I prefer the top one. Even though my avatar has the bottom one.

Why don't you change it? [/sarcasm] Tongue.

I prefer the top one as well. It looks a lot 'fresher' and modern.

I actually think the opposite.   I think the bottom one looks cleaner and more modern (and minimal).   I like the top one though because it looks more retro..
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The classic logo is the best one! I'm afraid of the other logo, it makes me pretty uneasy to be honest. Quick question: Who designed the classic logo? Always wondered about that!
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Everyone knows the classic white on orange logo, no need to change it.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
this is my choice
BTC
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Has to be Classic.  You know exactly what it means, what it stands for, and what's behind it.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
I like the top one, the bottom one reminds me of a subway train letter. (The B train)
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
Classic. It's, well, a classic. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin

Why don't you change it? [/sarcasm] Tongue.

I prefer the top one as well. It looks a lot 'fresher' and modern.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
Hi everyone,

FYI, here are the two logos I am referring to:

Classic Bitcoin:

Alternative Bitcoin:

I am hoping to have short interviews with the following:
Long-term and respected community members (Hero and senior members ideally)
Graphic Designers
Marketers
Artists
Typographers

My study will essentially put together the major opinions, presenting the pros and cons of each logo and the process of rebranding.  Then I will hopefully come to a final conclusion on what action should be taken.

If you are not listed in the people I would like to interview, you can still contribute by posting your views here and voting.  If you provide insightful comments, you will be featured in the research.

Many thanks,

Josh
Pages:
Jump to: