Pages:
Author

Topic: Which coins should Bittrex support? Week 3 - Round 1 - page 4. (Read 12560 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 250
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
+1 MED  Wink
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Coin2
Faircoin
Activity: 296
Thanks for adding fair coin!
Activity: 266

+1 MED  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 698
Merit: 511
+1 MED   Grin
Activity: 252
FRK and maybe SKC but not sure the volume will be there
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Where's the support for MED??

We're considering adding it.  If one of the devs is interested, have them contact me. 

Well at least you answered my questions. I'll just wait till the poll is over to see if you'll keep your word regarding the vote results..

Beli coin is now in Bittrex. Smiley

Thanks for adding CGB as well.

But CGA came second right?

For reasons not related to the poll, we launched CGB and CGA.  Smiley
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
Where's the support for MED??
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Well at least you answered my questions. I'll just wait till the poll is over to see if you'll keep your word regarding the vote results..

But CGA came second right?
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

Activity: 13

Based on this. This being a public poll means you went out to get the choice of the people. GRD would have been an exception since it was not included in the poll in the first place so were ok with that. But with BCC that's where people will get to think that something is definitely wrong. You clearly mentioned that you add only the coins that get the most support after a week of voting. If that is so. Then why was BCC favored above the 5 other coins that came in higher places above it? Ok so you have other basis of adding a coin. But you have to understand. You included BCC in the poll. If you were so determined to add BCC despite the poll results you should have waited till it was no longer included in the poll. Or you should not have included it in the first place so it would not have created much of a stir. Miners, and investors share the same risk that you take in welcoming new coins. And our risks are even far greater. Because it is our time, money and resources which are used to provide these coins and give it life. If a coin fails it is us who loses the most. Exchanges have lots of options. Given the vast amount of coins in your possession and the amount of daily traffic you have. Wherein miners and Investors don't have much leeway compared to that of an exchange when dealing with risks. So you can never imply that you take risks in adding new coins. It is an invalid argument. Again I simply want you guys to recognize the mistakes being addressed here. Because clearly there were errors committed during the last voting period.

I respect your opinion on this but there is absolutely shared risk when it comes to coins.  We (Bittrex) eat the cost of hosting a coin on our exchange.  While we are fairly agile in our infrastructure and can add coins easily, each coin adds a cost to our exchange in terms of server cycles, disk space, and bandwidth.  Sometimes the coins are SPA, sometimes they are the majority of IPOs Smiley.   

Here's where the poll is not absolute and gets fuzzy.  Coins get added to the poll because at some point someone nominated it. Winning the poll gets you into Bittrex the following week.  Sending me an email with a compelling case for why we should list a coin (most of the time it is from miners, not the devs) will get you in.  These emails sometimes come to me after someone has already nominated the coin to the poll.

Most of the time, the case isn't very clear cut for immediate inclusion so we also look at the voting.  If there are reasonable numbers of votes and a decent case for why a coin should get added, we add it.  Sometimes, I'll research a coin after someone nominated it, and reach out directly to the dev team to get it listed. 

Anyway, I see your position on this.  Mining and trading has risks and having markets for your coins helps you reduce that risk.  What I can tell you is that if you feel strongly about a coin you are mining, message me about it and I'll be happy to work with you.   I'd love to work with some knowledgeable miners because they seem to know better than I do what is going to be the next big thing.  Smiley

Would love to see Belicoin win this time!

When does this polling end?

Voting will end tonight at 3/23 12:00 AM PST.
Activity: 465
Merit: 254
Activity: 7
Would love to see Belicoin win this time!

When does this polling end?
Activity: 1
JingleBELI, JingleBELI... BeliCoins all the way! lol! I know its korny. Just wanted to sing it out.
Activity: 6
BELI all the way!
Pages:
Jump to: