Pages:
Author

Topic: Which countries or currencies do not have their own bitcoin exchange yet ? - page 2. (Read 2865 times)

3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
Majority of the countries do not have BTC exchange in their own currency.

Care to share a list of those ? Please note that Majority of Europe is already covered as they accept EUR.
Not sure but majority of African Countries, South American and huge part of Asia.
Activity: 860
Merit: 423
Centralized exchanges are dangerous, localbitcoins is the way forward. In certain countries, you can even use 3rd party mobile payment to trade with private people on localbitcoins and have instant delivery, much faster than an exchange which takes days to deposit.  And once you know how to use localbitcoins, you can use it in any country. However, they should change to multisig to increase their security, they have also been hacked before

The interesting thing is there are now alternatives of LocalBitcoins as well. These are www.BitQuick.co & www.100bit.co.in. Though it seems BitQuick.co is US only and have a few division elsewhere, 100bit.co.in is a truly global platform for direct traders.

Interesting, although I would guess that they all suffer the same problem that eBay clones have vs. eBay. LocalBitcoins has the most buyers and sellers so people will naturally gravitate towards it over its rivals. This in turn makes LocalBitcoins even more attractive for buyers and sellers and thus even more popular and so more people will use it in a kind of positive feedback loop. Dethroning LocalBitcoins as the #1 OTC exchange won't be easy and the two companies you listed will probably face an uphill battle.

Happy to take up the uphill battle. Smiley

- Team www.100bit.co.in
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Hungary, Croatia and other smaller eastern european nations.
Mind these usually have very limited/expensive banking systems and low bitcoin awareness.
Are not they part of the Euro zone ?

They have their own currencies/banking.
Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro and such? I believe that they barely know about Bitcoin. The banks probably know, but the government not so much.
I guess when a country is messed up in some other perspectives, legalizing a digital currency is not an important task at the moment. I'm not sure if it is better to focus on the more developed countries?
These have potential, just as Africa could skip the banking sector.
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
North Korea for sure.

Also all those small countries that no one remembers, like Nepal or Mongolia.

And of course countries where BTC is forbidden, like Ecuador

Nepal's population is actually almost the same size as Canada's.

Nepal is also highly dependent on remittance as huge number of Nepalese works outside of the country.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
North Korea for sure.

Nepal's population is actually almost the same size as Canada's.

And if you're going to include small countries, then there are many small island countries in the Pacific too which almost certainly don't have their own Bitcoin exchanges. e.g. Papua New Guinea, Tuvalu, Kiribati, Niue, Solomon Islands, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu, etc.

Unfortunately, I dont think we'll ever see North Korea accepting BTC. To think all of those poor people will die without even knowing that cryptocurrencies are, among a lot of other things. Its pretty depressing.

Cryptocurrencies, probably not. But I wouldn't be surprised if they find some other uses for the blockchain. They have computers, mobile phones, and even their own miniature version of the Internet. And it's possible that their currently restrictive policies could change in the future in the same way China, East Germany, Vietnam, and the Soviet Union changed theirs over time.

Centralized exchanges are dangerous, localbitcoins is the way forward. In certain countries, you can even use 3rd party mobile payment to trade with private people on localbitcoins and have instant delivery, much faster than an exchange which takes days to deposit.  And once you know how to use localbitcoins, you can use it in any country. However, they should change to multisig to increase their security, they have also been hacked before

The interesting thing is there are now alternatives of LocalBitcoins as well. These are www.BitQuick.co & www.100bit.co.in. Though it seems BitQuick.co is US only and have a few division elsewhere, 100bit.co.in is a truly global platform for direct traders.

Interesting, although I would guess that they all suffer the same problem that eBay clones have vs. eBay. LocalBitcoins has the most buyers and sellers so people will naturally gravitate towards it over its rivals. This in turn makes LocalBitcoins even more attractive for buyers and sellers and thus even more popular and so more people will use it in a kind of positive feedback loop. Dethroning LocalBitcoins as the #1 OTC exchange won't be easy and the two companies you listed will probably face an uphill battle.

Also, BitQuick.co gives me an "Unable to select database!" error.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working again.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Here in the Philippines, we do have an exchange called coins.ph. In buying and selling bitcoins, the exchange doesn't require any personal information to be submitted first before proceeding in making transactions, though they implement a certain limit for an account that isn't verified and hasn't submitted any personal information. All in all, it still is a pretty good bitcoin exchange for me, and I've been using their service for almost a year now, and not even a single hassle or delayed throughout my experience in using them.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

Care to share a list of those ? Please note that Majority of Europe is already covered as they accept EUR.
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

Mind these usually have very limited/expensive banking systems and low bitcoin awareness.

They have their own currencies/banking.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★

That is exactly the reason countries like these should have bitcoin exchanges in the first place: to fight bloated banking systems and to show people that there is other way and they don't have to comply with banks ridiculous fees. As far I know exchange doesn't need to be based physically in some certain country for it to be fully operational. There might be exchanges, and probably are in neighboring countries.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Unfortunately, I dont think we'll ever see North Korea accepting BTC. To think all of those poor people will die without even knowing that cryptocurrencies are, among a lot of other things. Its pretty depressing.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
Centralized exchanges are dangerous, localbitcoins is the way forward. In certain countries, you can even use 3rd party mobile payment to trade with private people on localbitcoins and have instant delivery, much faster than an exchange which takes days to deposit.  And once you know how to use localbitcoins, you can use it in any country. However, they should change to multisig to increase their security, they have also been hacked before

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
Not sure if here in Australia we have a legit one?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
North Korea for sure.

Mongolia does not have a BTC exchange ? Really ? I heard FriedCat set up a mining firm over there. So, I guess they have some local buyer so that mining firm bills could be paid in local currency.
YOu would be amazed but most of central asia countries do not have dedicated bitcoin exchange market, countries like Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. Bitcoin is legally banned in Russia so they can't have official bitcoin exchange as well...
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
North Korea for sure.

Mongolia does not have a BTC exchange ? Really ? I heard FriedCat set up a mining firm over there. So, I guess they have some local buyer so that mining firm bills could be paid in local currency.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Any exchange in Belarus, Macedonia, Montenegro, Georgia, Moldova, Armenia? I'd say most African countries don't have any exchange, then, there's Asia.

I think those countries (the African ones) need remittance companies most. They act as a kind of exchange, actually. But I agree that Africa seems to be a huge (mostly) untapped potential market.

some country there have plenty of rich guys due to ptetroil, but apparently they aren't using it well, they just sit there and get richer...

i mean they coul build plenty of bitcoin exchange without problem
Pages:
Jump to: