Pages:
Author

Topic: Which countries or currencies do not have their own bitcoin exchange yet ? - page 3. (Read 2865 times)

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
North Korea for sure.

Also all those small countries that no one remembers, like Nepal or Mongolia.

And of course countries where BTC is forbidden, like Ecuador
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
Any exchange in Belarus, Macedonia, Montenegro, Georgia, Moldova, Armenia? I'd say most African countries don't have any exchange, then, there's Asia.

I think those countries (the African ones) need remittance companies most. They act as a kind of exchange, actually. But I agree that Africa seems to be a huge (mostly) untapped potential market.

African nations first need to be educated enough to use the internet/smart phone in general. Bitcoin comes later...
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Trust me!
Any exchange in Belarus, Macedonia, Montenegro, Georgia, Moldova, Armenia? I'd say most African countries don't have any exchange, then, there's Asia.

I think those countries (the African ones) need remittance companies most. They act as a kind of exchange, actually. But I agree that Africa seems to be a huge (mostly) untapped potential market.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Is there any exchange in India?
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
Reverse the question, answer will be easier.
Most countries do not have any BTC exchange.

I dont think so. As most of the top exchanges accept EUR, most of the countries in Europe gets covered thereby. Probably some Asian & African nations do not have exchange for their currencies...
I can't think of many countries that do not have their own exchange, but basically any exchange is OK since BTC is universal.. as long as there is internet. So North Korea is out of the equation...
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

I dont think so. As most of the top exchanges accept EUR, most of the countries in Europe gets covered thereby. Probably some Asian & African nations do not have exchange for their currencies...
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
I think neither Serbia not Bosnia have their own exchanges. There is a small one in Croatia and Bitstamp in Slovenia. However, all these are tiny markets, I m sure it s not profitable to run exchanges there.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Through LocalBitcoins pretty much every country in the world is covered.

There are some problematic territories, like Somaliland, South Ossetia, Abkhazia and similar where it may not be possible to make such exchanges.

No. Not LocalBitcoins. It needs to be a real time exchange like BTC-e/Bitstamp or bitcoin shop like Circle/bitonic.nl/bittylicious accepting that local currency.

In that case, I don't think there's one in Iraq, and Yemen, and Vanuatu...
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
probably most of the under-developed countries don't have an exchange for their currency.
Activity: 860
Merit: 423

There are some problematic territories, like Somaliland, South Ossetia, Abkhazia and similar where it may not be possible to make such exchanges.

No. Not LocalBitcoins. It needs to be a real time exchange like BTC-e/Bitstamp or bitcoin shop like Circle/bitonic.nl/bittylicious accepting that local currency.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

Activity: 860
Merit: 423
^^Title speaks for itself.
Pages:
Jump to: