Pages:
Author

Topic: Which country looses the most when Bitcoin becomes the Currency of Planet Earth - page 5. (Read 4569 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Currency of planet earth? What are the chances of that happening? If it does, according to how things are now, countries like north korea which have non existent internet support will be excluded from global markets and other such activities.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
I believe in Bitcoin!
That will never happen, but if it did, countries with less educated people and with a poor or non-existing Internet infrastructure would be excluded from the global financial markets.
well obviously those who are against bitcoin and are banning it, are the first that will lose much then you have those that are restricting it

instead those that are regulating and taxing it i think they will gain more

How about thinking from another perspective.
These poor countries might not actually have much too loose, as a matter of fact I believe that such countries have much to gain, More efficient remittances, a new reserve currency, a currency for foreign trade that can not be controlled by a nation.

On the other hand countries which have already developed stand to loose a lot, they loose the reserve value of their currency, foreign payments shift to another currency over which they have no control. They can no longer just print and balance their trade.
I believe in Bitcoin!

I don't think Bitcoin will replace national fiat currencies.. people attach their own currencies to their own countries, as an unique identity for their country. Unless people become more open minded in the future, I don't see it happening. Bitcoin may become the #1 worldwide payment method, but not necessarly replace the national currencies.

Regulators will exist as long as government and state exist.

Not necessarily euro is a collection of nations that dropped their national currencies for a common one.

Let's think about the extreme long term, when Bitcoin is the most used payment method, it will become the reserve currency.
People will believe more in Bitcoin than their own national currency, which will become very variable.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
That will never happen, but if it did, countries with less educated people and with a poor or non-existing Internet infrastructure would be excluded from the global financial markets.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
Which country looses the most when Bitcoin becomes the Currency of Planet Earth?

Additionally what happens to those pesky regulatory/"aiding" bodies, IMF, World Bank, SWIFT.

I have got my presumptions, what's your's?

I don't think Bitcoin will replace national fiat currencies.. people attach their own currencies to their own countries, as an unique identity for their country. Unless people become more open minded in the future, I don't see it happening. Bitcoin may become the #1 worldwide payment method, but not necessarly replace the national currencies.

Regulators will exist as long as government and state exist.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
well obviously those who are against bitcoin and are banning it, are the first that will lose much then you have those that are restrcting it

instead those that are regulating and taxing it i think they will gain more
I believe in Bitcoin!
Which country looses the most when Bitcoin becomes the Currency of Planet Earth?

Additionally what happens to those pesky regulatory/"aiding" bodies, IMF, World Bank, SWIFT.

I have got my presumptions, what's your's?
Pages:
Jump to: