Pages:
Author

Topic: Which cryptocurrency is best for storing money? - page 14. (Read 2046 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
I trusted Bitcoin. I feel I lose a lot of money when storing Bitcoin.

well that is what happens when you enter a market without understanding how it works first. if you entered stocks, Forex,... markets without prior knowledge and with 0 experience then you would have had the same terrible experience in them too.

you haven't stopped making mistakes either, now you are making a new mistake! you have lost money because you made bad decisions and now you are asking people to give you a magical answer about some cryptocurrency which you can buy and no longer lose money... that will lead to another loss.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
I trusted Bitcoin. I feel I lose a lot of money when storing Bitcoin. I don't know and do not want to follow the river course jumps. I want to learn something new. I believe It's possible.

Bitcoin is not and never should be treated as a store of value. If you wish to store funds you can always go with your nations traditional fist currency.
Bitcoin is an investment option and is prone to volatility and fluctuations.
It is also a payment option, although not widely used as yet.
Stable currencies claim to provide stability to cryptocurrency enthusiast while offering the stability of fiat, but by collaterization it has alreadg lost the quality of decentralization and public audits are not readily made available.

And remember, it's not a loss until you sell!
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Probably decentralized stablecoins like DAI. But you probably won't be able to pay with that though, so I would suggest bitcoin. Why? It's simply the most adopted payment cryptocurrency right now, and in price drops, bitcoin is the least affected. If altcoins drop by 10%, chances are that bitcoin only drops by around 5%. What about other altcoins you say? Definitely not. Unless you want your funds to be fluctuating in bigger waves.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
Depends on what you prefer because everything has pros and cons you can't have the best of everything it's not possible there will always be trade offs.
For me the best is Bitcoin due to the price changes over the past couple of years it keeps on increasing year after year this might be the last year we'll see Bitcoin at $6,000.

If you want to use a different coin and stability is your top priority you could follow figment's advice but it's risky because these coins are tied to the exchanges. It's like buying a gift card and hoarding it for a long time in the future once the store shuts down it becomes worthless.

The top altcoins right now imo can't even be considered as the best for storing money because of how volatile they are if compared to Bitcoin
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
It is also my opinion. Cryptocurrency is always my best choice for storing money because I trust cryptocurrency and its value. I think cryptocurrency will never die. On the other hand, cryptocurrency is really famous now, we can easy use my stored money at anywhere.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
I trusted Bitcoin. I feel I lose a lot of money when storing Bitcoin. I don't know and do not want to follow the river course jumps. I want to learn something new. I believe It's possible.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
I have a cryptocurrency. I kept my money in different currencies. I use coins for payment and I'm not a trader. The situation on the cryptomarket has long been incomprehensible. I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong and I want to ask for advice.
Tell me, please, which cryptocurrency is the best for storing money? What is the best coin to choose? What do you think about this?

if you're looking to store money, you want stability.

if you consider stablecoins to be cryptocurrencies---and this subject is debated---they would be the most stable. they're pegged to the USD, so their market value usually stays very close to $1. some examples are USDC, USDT, GUSD.

but stablecoins are inherently dangerous because they have centralized counterparty risk. if the U.S. government decided to shut down gemini, the value of GUSD (the gemini dollar) would plummet. same thing for USDT if tether got shut down by regulators.

that's why i'd recommend bitcoin. bitcoin is the most stable decentralized cryptocurrency. it holds value much more reliably than altcoins and tokens, and because it's decentralized, your coins are safe from the risks of third party trust (as long as you hold your BTC in your own wallet).
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
I have a cryptocurrency. I kept my money in different currencies. I use coins for payment and I'm not a trader. The situation on the cryptomarket has long been incomprehensible. I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong and I want to ask for advice.
Tell me, please, which cryptocurrency is the best for storing money? What is the best coin to choose? What do you think about this?
Pages:
Jump to: