Pages:
Author

Topic: Which exchanges do you trust and do not trust? - page 2. (Read 1268 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Gox and BTC-e
Activity: 389
Merit: 250
Blockchain has been about the worst. They quoted close to 5.12 bitcoins and I received only 3.8 on my final deal with them. The bit coin  price did not change to justify the rip off.  You also lose over 5% in charges to pay them. It also seemed as though my theft proof wallet had a leak in it up on their site.  Angry

I like Coin Base the best. You wire the money for very little charges and receive exactly what you agreed on unless the price changes too much. They will cancel it if it goes against them excessively.  I think you can also cancel if the price goes against you. It takes 4 working days for the coins to arrive to your wallet on their site.    Grin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
One bitcoin to rule them all!
At this moment, I don't fully trust any exchanges. Best place to hold BTC is in your personal wallet after you buy fom the exchange with the lowest price.

I'm hoping Buttercoin lives up to the hype.

http://buttercoin.net/

+473 to that

If they succeed, we might expect several exchanges to pop up, then it's about deciding weather you trust the people running them etc.
-But startup will be much easier.

I hope that we will get a system where there are many exchanges in different countries that does more or less automatic arbitrating between them.
There could be several hubs that do the exchange between exchanges with some redundancy. That way it becomes more like a node-system like at the interweb.

A system like this will be a lot harder to disrupt and ddos than a few large exchanges.
Activity: 288
Merit: 251
I trust Bitstamp. I like their interface and trading system better than any other exchange. Bank transfers are very fast, fees are reasonable.

I guess MtGox is also OK (although they're way more expensive) but since they're still the largest, I prefer alternatives. It's better for Bitcoin if there is more competition. If there is just ONE "major player" on the exchange market, it makes Bitcoin very vulnerable. Right now, if MtGox would suddenly be closed, Bitcoin might largely collapse. That's just retarded.

I refuse to use BTC-E because of their ridiculous funding and withdrawal options. Just support frigging bank transfers damnit. Expensive shit like OKPay or Interkassa: screw that.
Activity: 37

MtGox is the largest.  I've used them several times and have always been happy with their service
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
I don't fully trust any of them.

I give BTC-e cred for how they handled being hacked though.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
"Fly you fools"
At this moment, I don't fully trust any exchanges. Best place to hold BTC is in your personal wallet after you buy fom the exchange with the lowest price.

I'm hoping Buttercoin lives up to the hype.

http://buttercoin.net/
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
From most trusted to least trusted: MtGox, BitStamp, BTC-E
Activity: 32
I have greater trust on btc-e than any exchages.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Where do you live?
Activity: 14
Be careful and expect some unforeseeable hidden fees. When comparing sites, make sure to look at payment in fees, payment out fees as well as transaction fees. The site may also display the payment in USD instead of EUR. This does not mean that they have actually exchanged the payment from one currency to another. They may simply be a tricky way of charging the customer more money.

Also, there may be account verification costs.

Do not use third party sites or the bitcoin wiki for this information as it is often outdated or simply incorrect. Contact support directly.
Activity: 40
Have been using BTC-E for a short time and have not had issues, I know of the existence of Campbx and Vircurex.
I suppose you could seperate your answers into...

1. Which exchanges for bitcoin?

2. Which exchanges for other currencies?    <--- if you even bother with them

Thanks for any feedback
Pages:
Jump to: