Pages:
Author

Topic: Which is better, staying long on BTC or USD in this Bear Market - page 4. (Read 486 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
In this current bearish markets, some school of thoughts believe it is better to stay long on USDT in order to remain safe while others think it is better to stay long on BTC as one will always have more of USD once the market gains momentum in the bullish season.
Which is better?

if you don't want to make gains then i will say stay in btc.. hold your btc untill bull run  and  sell your btc for  fiat i will sugest you to do something else  if you are not interested in trade because bull run is not going to start untill the end of this year..
Activity: 462
Merit: 114
The best way is to have free funds in such a market and at each fall to average their positions. Unfortunately, I have most of the money in coins that have sapped by more than 40%.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
I will go long on BTC during bear market, isn’t it the principal of trading to buy low and sell high? I will stock up my BTC before it get on the next bull run.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
In this current bearish markets, some school of thoughts believe it is better to stay long on USDT in order to remain safe while others think it is better to stay long on BTC as one will always have more of USD once the market gains momentum in the bullish season.
Which is better?
Now bitcoin has not yet risen so high in price to be afraid that it can depreciate for any reason. Therefore, I do not think that it is necessary to withdraw funds from bitcoin during its fall or stagnation. This is an extra waste of money for wasted movement. So far, I think, we need to keep our funds in bitcoin and expect its further price growth.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
The harder and faster we fall the more likely we are to get a reversal that puts an end to this bear market. And see a lot of signs that bearish trend is over.
Activity: 101
Merit: 0
I always think that the bear market is actually the most suitable time for investment, because the bear market has come at a very low level for all cryptocurrency prices. It is right to choose to buy at the lowest price, and the advantage of the usdt coin is that its price is very stable. Such a coin is suitable for hedging and is not suitable for investment, so I suggest you can store some BTC or ETH.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Depends on how you would risk btc. If you are believer then hodl but if you want to earn more money you can convert it to usd and buy when bear market occours. But remember dude than even crypto traders wants to double their profit by buying cheap prices.
Activity: 182
staying long inside USDT is never a good idea. you should always treat this altcoin with extreme caution.

as for bitcoin price and anything else, if you can't speculate the market it is awlays best to stay out which means going back to fiat or USD if you want and then jump back in whenever you felt like the bear market is over.

Being an hodler in this scenario may be better instead of day trading.
What do you think?
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
It is difficult to say but If I were the trader I will definitely keep holding then look for more money to buy more Bitcoin. This always works for me and it's fun to do! If the price falls again, you look for more money and buy more Bitcoin. If it falls again, you buy more.
Then if price begins to rise, you start  selling off the dips you bought bit by bit until you are left with the main holding which should be your long-term holding.

If i get you right, you mean you always introduce more fiat to buy more dips and sell off when it rises to cash out your fiat while the initial purchase which is the main holding will be the one to hold for long term???
It makes sense to some extent as it is possible one can re-coup the initial investment via that means.
stay long with Bitcoin I think is much better and profitable because Bitcoin is a coin that has the ability to continue to grow and have an increased price.
so it will be very profitable for the future. so I suggest choosing stay long with Bitcoin.
Activity: 182
By the development of technologies, the more people joining the cryptocurrency revolution, the more Bitcoin value will appreciate, which gave it retains its current dominance. However, I am sure that it will be the good for holding rather than keeping USD, especially, holding long term, thus, I bet it will bring you some decent return in the near future.

I think having a separate portfolio for holding and another separate portfolio for day trading will be a good idea.
One can then decide to stay long on either BTC or USD with the day trading portfolio.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
staying long inside USDT is never a good idea. you should always treat this altcoin with extreme caution.

as for bitcoin price and anything else, if you can't speculate the market it is awlays best to stay out which means going back to fiat or USD if you want and then jump back in whenever you felt like the bear market is over.
Activity: 476
I think that in Bear Market the best option is to stay long on USD. You will have a chance to rebuy BTC on the lower price when the market will turn its direction.
Activity: 119
By the development of technologies, the more people joining the cryptocurrency revolution, the more Bitcoin value will appreciate, which gave it retains its current dominance. However, I am sure that it will be the good for holding rather than keeping USD, especially, holding long term, thus, I bet it will bring you some decent return in the near future.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
The Fed is starting to signal raising interest rates again, i.e. reducing the money supply. Therefore the USD will increase in value against the BTC. Once the rate hikes end, then would be the time to switch over. How the market and economy respond to the rate hikes/cuts is a factor as well.
Activity: 418
24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯
Which is better?

For me it's better to choose both.
USDT while holding your bitcoin, and if the price are down, buy bitcoin and if it's drop again buy more. As a trader I want to gain more profits and if will rising it's a huge profits.
Activity: 296
Merit: 2
It is better to choose in USDT when you are experiencing a bearish market in order to save some of your grown profit. When you hold btc, your value keeps on going down in bear market, and you dont have a choice than to hold your coin on it , if you dont prefer to transfer it to USDT. In USDT case, when the bearish price keeps going down, you should buy btc at that time in order to hold more btc's in a smaller price.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
Which is better?
Stay in USDT if you have sold a lot of your portfolios at peak. you must try to consider about USDT can secure your profit and give you a chance to buy them all again at the bottom. The best thing is stay in the USDT at bearish trend and then buy bitcoin or convert all of your USDT to the bitcoin when it has reached the bottom.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1656
There is also some philosophical element to these debates. Is it theoretically possible that Bitcoin can be reduced to less than 1000 USD with extreme pressure by the states and banks ? Yes;

however, such an eventuality would probably lead to such a chaotic and hostile state of affairs that World War 3 might even erupt from the awakening of the masses. So for all practical purposes, it's safe to bet long on the future of Crypto Currencies (in the alternative scenario fiat won't help you either anyways)...
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Always stay long on the btc. When it drops, buy more. If it drops even more, buy even more. Don't be afraid of the swings, swings are there to jump more. It's basic physics, if it sways and swings more it will go faster. Faster, faster and even faster! Let's aim for the moon!
Activity: 472
Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!
If one knew when is the bear market starting, than it would be best to sell it before it start and buy again when is the lowest point. But because no one knew for sure, fr me is best to keep it in Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: