Pages:
Author

Topic: Which is the best altcoin exchange POLL - page 2. (Read 3670 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 508
November 14, 2015, 05:22:02 AM
your concerns are legit, i get asked this specific question multiple times everyday so i'm kind of working on a canned response, forgive me:

ExchangeD.I2P (sounds interesting)

Ya we have been running for about 6 months, anonymous darknet exchange, no AML ect, 100% privacy.
Ive been active on bitcointalk for over a year, when regulators have been cracking down, and I decided it was time for an exchange that doesn't suck
Active in the anoncoin community and been vouched for by the devs of Anoncoin and Dogecoindark.

Its a great service for privacycoin traders that think requiring an ID to trade is bullshit.

like how Craptsy is omitted from the poll  Grin

Ya, lol nobody is even suggesting...

Polo ... LoL ... gonna need to see your ID if you want to buy these anon coins son.
Sucking regulators dick since...

Quote from: Poloniex link=https://www.poloniex.com/terms/
10. BSA / FinCEN

Poloniex is registered with FinCEN as an MSB (Money Services Business), registration number 31000055869515. Poloniex may be required to file details of account activity to this organization from time to time.

11. (AML) Anti-Money Laundering & (KYC) Know Your Customer Policy

Poloniex protects itself from involvement in any activity that facilitates money laundering or other criminal activities by following the FinCEN guidance for MSB’s operating in the United States.

Poloniex aims to reasonably identify each user by cross-checking user data against governmental watch lists such as OFAC, as well as 3rd party identity verification and authentication services. If a user or a user’s transaction is flagged as suspicious through our internal controls, Poloniex will require additional proof of identification from the user and has the right to not permit any trades, deposits, and/or withdrawals until additional and verifiable proof of identity is received and the Compliance Officer has approved the user for use of the Platform.

By agreeing to our Terms, you acknowledge and understand that Poloniex maintains verification levels which require user participation and verification in order to obtain, with leveled permissions based on user-supplied information, our ability to verify it, and our internal policies. You accept that you may not be able to achieve a desired level of verification, and Poloniex reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, the appropriate Verification Level for any user, as well as the right to downgrade users without prior notice. Poloniex may, from time to time, implement policies restricting Verification Levels by nationality, country of residence, or any other factor. This may affect your ability to withdraw funds in your account and you indemnify Poloniex against any losses associated with an inability to deposit and/or withdraw funds based on your verification level.

AND:

17. PERMANENT WITHDRAWAL OF SERVICE

Poloniex may (a) suspend or terminate your access to the Services, and (b) deactivate or cancel your Account as required by a valid subpoena or court order, or if Poloniex reasonably suspects you of using your Account in furtherance of illegal activity. You will be permitted to transfer cryptocurrency associated with your Account for ninety (90) days after Account deactivation or cancellation unless such transfer is otherwise prohibited (i) under the law, or (ii) by a valid subpoena or court order. If any transaction is in a pending state at the time your Account is cancelled or suspended, such transaction may be cancelled and/or refunded as appropriate. You may not cancel your Account to evade an investigation or avoid paying any amounts otherwise due to Poloniex. Upon cancellation of your Account, you authorize Poloniex to cancel or suspend pending transactions and, after providing written notice to the you, return the funds associated with such transactions to your wallet address. In the event that you or Poloniex terminates this agreement or your access to the Services, or deactivates or cancels your Account, you will remain liable for all amounts due hereunder. In the event that a technical problem causes system outage or account errors, Poloniex may temporarily suspend access to your Account until the problem is resolved.

Interesting.  How's the volume?

Also tbh, I'd prefer a decentralized exchange accessed via Tor/I2P.  We've seen exchanges run away with people's money on the regular internet.  Not that I'm saying you're not trustworthy or anything...  But you know what I mean.  It would be easier for people to run away in the darknet.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
November 14, 2015, 03:31:59 AM

Ya we have been running for about 6 months, anonymous darknet exchange, no AML ect, 100% privacy.
Ive been active on bitcointalk for over a year, when regulators have been cracking down, and I decided it was time for an exchange that doesn't suck
Active in the anoncoin community and been vouched for by the devs of Anoncoin and Dogecoindark.

Its a great service for privacycoin traders that think requiring an ID to trade is bullshit.

Polo ... LoL ... gonna need to see your ID if you want to buy these anon coins son.

10. BSA / FinCEN

Poloniex is registered with FinCEN as an MSB (Money Services Business), registration number 31000055869515. Poloniex may be required to file details of account activity to this organization from time to time.

Poloniex protects itself from involvement in any activity that facilitates money laundering or other criminal activities by following the FinCEN guidance for MSB’s operating in the United States.

Poloniex aims to reasonably identify each user by cross-checking user data against governmental watch lists such as OFAC, as well as 3rd party identity verification and authentication services. If a user or a user’s transaction is flagged as suspicious through our internal controls, Poloniex will require additional proof of identification from the user and has the right to not permit any trades, deposits, and/or withdrawals until additional and verifiable proof of identity is received and the Compliance Officer has approved the user for use of the Platform.

By agreeing to our Terms, you acknowledge and understand that Poloniex maintains verification levels which require user participation and verification in order to obtain, with leveled permissions based on user-supplied information, our ability to verify it, and our internal policies. You accept that you may not be able to achieve a desired level of verification, and Poloniex reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, the appropriate Verification Level for any user, as well as the right to downgrade users without prior notice. Poloniex may, from time to time, implement policies restricting Verification Levels by nationality, country of residence, or any other factor. This may affect your ability to withdraw funds in your account and you indemnify Poloniex against any losses associated with an inability to deposit and/or withdraw funds based on your verification level.

AND:

Poloniex may (a) suspend or terminate your access to the Services, and (b) deactivate or cancel your Account as required by a valid subpoena or court order, or if Poloniex reasonably suspects you of using your Account in furtherance of illegal activity. You will be permitted to transfer cryptocurrency associated with your Account for ninety (90) days after Account deactivation or cancellation unless such transfer is otherwise prohibited (i) under the law, or (ii) by a valid subpoena or court order. If any transaction is in a pending state at the time your Account is cancelled or suspended, such transaction may be cancelled and/or refunded as appropriate. You may not cancel your Account to evade an investigation or avoid paying any amounts otherwise due to Poloniex. Upon cancellation of your Account, you authorize Poloniex to cancel or suspend pending transactions and, after providing written notice to the you, return the funds associated with such transactions to your wallet address. In the event that you or Poloniex terminates this agreement or your access to the Services, or deactivates or cancels your Account, you will remain liable for all amounts due hereunder. In the event that a technical problem causes system outage or account errors, Poloniex may temporarily suspend access to your Account until the problem is resolved.

Interesting.  How's the volume?

Also tbh, I'd prefer a decentralized exchange accessed via Tor/I2P.  We've seen exchanges run away with people's money on the regular internet.  Not that I'm saying you're not trustworthy or anything...  But you know what I mean.  It would be easier for people to run away in the darknet.
November 14, 2015, 12:52:14 AM

10. BSA / FinCEN

AND:

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
November 13, 2015, 11:46:10 PM

+Polo seems more about 2.0 'assets' rather than alt coins.

Cryptopia ... changing the concept of what exchanges need to provide
Bleutrade ... if they play their cards right could be the #1 LTC and DOGE base pair market exchange
Comkort ... should fire back up, was sound tech, clean record, no hack ... there's a niche for 'delisted' coins that they could pickup
nxt/bts/xcp trade platforms (that's where it gonna be soon ... no need for coins on some exchange server / direct trades)
altquick/shapeshift ... also a trend in the right direction

"The altcoin scene is really dynamic" ... tis' fluid

BTCe ... the OG ... funny i always thought is was the slim shade fraudster back in the Gox/tradehill era ... has captured NMC and PPC markets
mintpal ... excellent platform evaporated by fraud
craptsy ... at least had the ethics to retain coin listings even if the buzz faded but ignored GUI and customers ... likely on the way out
bter ... would have been a great platform to merge Chinese and English markets ... fraud or hack killed it
bittrex ... brought back nice GUI but floated to many shit cons ... result shit catalog
polo ... was the back runner ... focused on the tech ... worried about the volume and pretty GUI after the tech was right ... smart move looks like they are running #1

1ex.trade ... this is where the NXT big money cycle is for exchanges ... FOREX ... polo is the only exchange i see making the transition ... but all current leading alt exchanges will be crushed by enterprises already established in stock/forex trading ... read big players entering after a few beta balloons show how to make digital coins work with traditional trading.  

Comkort ? ..did you even see the link i posted before yours ?
I created a topic here about it warning you guys way back..

At least you got the Cryptsy part right Wink LOL
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
November 13, 2015, 10:26:24 PM
Polo ... LoL ... gonna need to see your ID if you want to by these anon coins son.

I didn't use polo for a long time after they implemented that policy, more because I was upset with how quickly it was implemented with only a few days notice to remove your coins. With that being said, you can withdraw up to $2k a day using any email address and a made-up name, which more than meets my needs.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
November 13, 2015, 10:03:08 PM

+Polo seems more about 2.0 'assets' rather than alt coins.

Cryptopia ... changing the concept of what exchanges need to provide
Bleutrade ... if they play their cards right could be the #1 LTC and DOGE base pair market exchange
Comkort ... should fire back up, was sound tech, clean record, no hack ... there's a niche for 'delisted' coins that they could pickup
nxt/bts/xcp trade platforms (that's where it gonna be soon ... no need for coins on some exchange server / direct trades)
altquick/shapeshift ... also a trend in the right direction

like how Craptsy is omitted from the poll  Grin

"The altcoin scene is really dynamic" ... tis' fluid

BTCe ... the OG ... funny i always thought is was the slim shade fraudster back in the Gox/tradehill era ... has captured NMC and PPC markets
mintpal ... excellent platform evaporated by fraud
craptsy ... at least had the ethics to retain coin listings even if the buzz faded but ignored GUI and customers ... likely on the way out
bter ... would have been a great platform to merge Chinese and English markets ... fraud or hack killed it
bittrex ... brought back nice GUI but floated to many shit cons ... result shit catalog
polo ... was the back runner ... focused on the tech ... worried about the volume and pretty GUI after the tech was right ... smart move looks like they are running #1

1ex.trade ... this is where the NXT big money cycle is for exchanges ... FOREX ... polo is the only exchange i see making the transition ... but all current leading alt exchanges will be crushed by enterprises already established in stock/forex trading ... read big players entering after a few beta balloons show how to make digital coins work with traditional trading. 
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
November 13, 2015, 09:24:13 PM
Polo at the moment.  But keep in mind it changes from time to time.  Before I would say BTCe was the best, then there was a time I think cryptsy was the best...  The altcoin scene is really dynamic and it's a good idea to be up to date on what's going on.

This subforum is really a good source of info if used properly.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
November 13, 2015, 08:56:16 PM
Re: BunnyCoin

Comkort
November 13, 2015, 08:05:07 PM
Poloniex doesnt give a fuck about privacy,

can you add ExchangeD.I2P to the list https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/exchangedi2p-darknet-cryptocurrency-exchange-bitcoin-altcoins-fiat-stocks-1092682

the fist and only Darknet Cryptocurrency exchange. also 5% of altcoin denominated fees go to each coins development fund 
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
In XEM we trust
November 13, 2015, 03:11:24 PM
poloniex is the best by far, UI is perfected to the finest detail in my opinion. Nothing is missing and nothing is extra.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
November 13, 2015, 02:53:27 PM
1ex.trade soon

polo
then trex
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
November 13, 2015, 02:49:11 PM
My favourite exchange is still Poloniex. it has had some problems in the last weeks but i still lost no money or something else bad.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
November 13, 2015, 02:33:36 PM
You left out these exchanges

Cryptsy
Bleutrade
Bter
Southxchange
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
November 13, 2015, 02:29:28 PM
* jwinterm votes for coinedup

jk polo is the bestest
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
November 13, 2015, 10:55:51 AM
IMO polo is the best alt coin exchange atm.
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
November 12, 2015, 10:42:26 PM
POLONIEX added

So far it seems people are choosing Bittrex as the NUMBER 1 venue for altcoin trading. If you disagree then place your votes

Lol then you should allow changing votes.
Activity: 77
Merit: 1
November 12, 2015, 10:36:32 PM
POLONIEX added

So far it seems people are choosing Bittrex as the NUMBER 1 venue for altcoin trading. If you disagree then place your votes

Activity: 724
Merit: 500
November 12, 2015, 09:58:45 PM
I think definitely Poloniex. It has a lot of options and an updated UI. Clams are also mainly traded there.

Yes, I forgot to mention Polo has lending markets/margin trading.  You can do fun stuff with leverage, like going long XMR and shorting the crap out of scam coins like Dash.   Cool

WHy would you even consider going short in such a non-liquid market like DASH. Terrible advice, even though it is a scam coin
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
November 12, 2015, 09:23:44 PM
I think definitely Poloniex. It has a lot of options and an updated UI. Clams are also mainly traded there.

Yes, I forgot to mention Polo has lending markets/margin trading.  You can do fun stuff with leverage, like going long XMR and shorting the crap out of scam coins like Dash.   Cool
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
November 12, 2015, 09:18:24 PM
I voted for Bittrex the most legitimate of them all. A well built and very secure trading platform.
Pages:
Jump to: