Pages:
Author

Topic: which is the best and safest bitcoin wallet?? - page 2. (Read 529 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
all are safe if you do not share your password or private key with others

Absolutely not. All wallets can be hacked, and there is no such thing as a completely safe wallet.

Web wallets are a poor choice in general, as your private keys are stored online and are therefore a target for hackers. The same goes for storing coins anywhere online, such as on an exchange. Just don't do it. If you don't personal control private keys, then you don't really control your coins. Desktop and mobile wallets are a relatively safe, provided the device you are using them on is secure and not infected with any malicious software. Hardware wallets are your best choice - the two most well known and widely used being Ledger Nano and Trezor, as ETFbitcoin pointed out.

Most people generally use a hardware wallet as their main storage device for the bulk of their crypto, and use a desktop or mobile wallet for small amounts of day-to-day funds.

There is a stickied thread here that you may want to read: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/general-bitcoin-wallets-which-what-why-1631151
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
December 09, 2018, 09:31:59 AM
There are many choices if you really want to secure and create a bitcoin wallet address

Destop - Bitcoin Core, Bitcoin Knots, Green Address
Hardware - Digital Bitbox, KeepKey, Ledger Nano S, Trezor
Mobile - Simple Bitcoin, Bitcoin Wallet
Web - BitGo, BTC.com, Coin.Space

all are safe if you do not share your password or private key with others
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
December 09, 2018, 05:28:52 AM
i'm plan to buy a bitcoin but have a fear of hackers...suggest me the best and safest bitcoin wallet
Which wallet you want to use? Hardware, Mobile, or web? You should use wallet which has private key. If you have private key and do not share that on any unsecured place then your wallet will not be hacked. You may see these wallets.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
December 09, 2018, 05:16:10 AM
Bitcoin itself is a very safe thing. If you can properly keep your private key, how can hackers steal your bitcoin?
And most of the time, I don't think hackers will be interested in a small amount of private bitcoin, they may look more at those exchanges.
Therefore, I don't think you have to worry too much about the security of Bitcoin. For most people, as long as you don't easily paste key information such as your private key on the Internet, you don't need to worry about hackers.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 09, 2018, 05:13:40 AM
thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge with me....your answers helped me alot Smiley
Activity: 471
Merit: 102
December 09, 2018, 04:39:37 AM
There are many wallets out there but only hardware wallets will be the best secure wallet for you. You can buy Ledger nano S or Trezor which is the best safest bitcoin wallet ever in the crypto world but a little bit costly to buy.
Activity: 112
Merit: 20
December 09, 2018, 03:47:11 AM
but I enjoy online wallet that's why i used them.
Definitely there is actually nothing wrong with the wallets you have made mention of and they actually work fine and many users use them without having any issues.

But OP requested to know the safest and best form of wallet and just as @ETFbitcoin has said its a no brainer it's definitely the hardware wallet,its probably more expensive than the rest but it's definitely the safest from hackers and prying malware
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
December 09, 2018, 02:38:03 AM
Hardware wallets are the best yes that's correct but I don't own one. I have three online wallet (there reputation is excellent) Blockchain, Bitpay and coinbase you can check them out. I have been using Blockchain and coinbase wallet for a while now but when the transaction fee issus can up (delay in transaction) I switched to bitpay which was faster and somehow cheaper. As of recent I have some fund in those three wallet. Might not be the best choice but I enjoy online wallet that's why i used them.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 09, 2018, 12:32:03 AM
The only choice is hardware wallet such as https://www.ledger.com/products/ledger-nano-s and https://trezor.io/start/

Make sure you buy from official store or official distributor and check if the device is genuine or not tempered.
1. For Ledger Nano S : https://support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002481534-Check-if-device-is-genuine
2. For Trezor : https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/comments/58evyn/_/

Edit : looks like bones261 answer a bit faster. But hardware wallet is still best choice since it's secure, but convenient/easy to use
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 09, 2018, 12:06:56 AM
i'm plan to buy a bitcoin but have a fear of hackers...suggest me the best and safest bitcoin wallet
Pages:
Jump to: