Pages:
Author

Topic: Which is the best online wallet for bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 438 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
November 11, 2018, 09:25:18 PM
No, you should not use online wallet, it is not safe. I suggest that you should choose hardware wallet instead, it is much safer than any online wallet.
Activity: 742
Merit: 19
November 11, 2018, 09:05:39 PM
I personally do not recommend online wallets for bitcoin. If you cant buy a hardware wallet, you can go with a desktop wallet like Electrum. But if you only want an online wallet, the Blockcahin wallet is a good one for you.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
November 11, 2018, 08:57:48 PM
There are bunch of wallets out there to choose from, but if you have time for a little research about the pros and cons of different type of wallets then do it now to lessen the risk involve in securing your crypto.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/general-bitcoin-wallets-which-what-why-1631151

Click the link above, it will give you general knowledge about wallets.
Activity: 28
November 11, 2018, 06:37:41 PM
None! Don't use online wallets they are not safe. Someone mentioned Electrum, this is a good option if you only want to use bitcoin, if you also plan to use ETH, erc20 tokens or other altcoins HODLER is a good multiwallet option because unlike other multi wallets it is fully open source.
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
November 11, 2018, 06:25:44 PM
As others have stated, be wary of online wallets.  I have a hard wallet and a mobile wallet.  Long term saving goes in the hard wallet.  Small amounts used for spending go in the mobile wallet.  You may do as you wish though.
Activity: 50
November 11, 2018, 06:24:42 PM
i use electrum but also online wallet in localbitcoins
Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪
November 11, 2018, 05:05:52 PM
I keep my private keys encrypted in txt file on thumb drive, but that is good only for cold storage.

Unfortunately I have bunch of altcoins too so I have most of my funds on exchanges so I don't have install bunch of wallets on my computer.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270
Play Poker on Telegram
November 11, 2018, 04:58:15 PM
The only wallet I really can advice you use is the hardware wallet,and I stand to be corrected,but I think it's the safest..

It protects you and your coins from hacks as well as prying malwares that are used to infiltrate your system,cause a breakdown and provide the hacker with private information..

It thus protects you by storing all your informations offline..
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
November 11, 2018, 04:12:05 PM
I fully agree with OmegaStarScream.

Online wallets should always be avoided. Using a web wallet for your coins is way less secure than any other form of wallet (desktop-/mobile-).

Using online wallets creates a way bigger attack surface than standard wallets.
In fact a lot of attacks do only work for web wallets (especially things like DNS spoofing) which can not be avoided as a regular (not-that-techy) user.

Do yourself a favor and use a real (proper) wallet.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
November 11, 2018, 03:25:33 PM
Forget about online wallets and exchanges, these are not safe to use and they are always targeted for hacks and there is also a possibility of having your account closed/banned. Go with a desktop wallet like Electrum where you have full control over your funds/private keys.
Activity: 3
November 11, 2018, 03:17:03 PM
Hey!
I'm new and i wanted to know which is the best online wallet for bitcoin that is secure and take less fee

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: