Pages:
Author

Topic: Which of these 2 laptops would you pick ? - page 4. (Read 3937 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Permabull Bitcoin Investor
Lenovo Z50-70-01418

I will choose that..
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
I think you made the right choice with the Toshiba Wink
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
i will pick up Toshiba Satellite L50-A-1C7
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130
Truth will out!
I prefer 4 cores but I have some Lenovo's and work perfectly.
All the computers that I've used with 4 cores are better than the ones with 2 and for me It's very important...

mmm... IMAO, Toshiba is not as good as Lenovo nowadays but they're both ok.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
freedomainradio.com
Depends if you trust the Japanese not to put NSA spy gadgets inside the Toshiba laptop since they are allied with the US.
Activity: 532
Currently held as collateral by monbux
Wow, wasn't expecting so much responses Smiley it was all very helpful ! I think Toshiba is the clear winner, it was my first choice aswell. Was only considering Lenovo because i read on a few sites that this brand scores better than Toshiba, but other sites mention the opposite so... Gonna go for Toshiba.

Thank you all very much !
-Rnbin

Go with Toshiba I would as it should have a better batery life and the other things which people have mentioned. Lenovo probably does score better because it a whole I think they are run by a better company.
Activity: 168
Wow, wasn't expecting so much responses Smiley it was all very helpful ! I think Toshiba is the clear winner, it was my first choice aswell. Was only considering Lenovo because i read on a few sites that this brand scores better than Toshiba, but other sites mention the opposite so... Gonna go for Toshiba.

Thank you all very much !
-Rnbin

Bling Bling
I think would also prefer Toshiba, I think it has higher cpu power. I would also prefer more on Japanese made than Chinese made for now.
Activity: 154
I used to have Toshiba and it was OK.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
The toshiba has a more powerful CPU but the Lenovo has a slightly better GPU + the battery will last longer since the cpu consume half of the toshiba
Activity: 797
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
toshiba is better.......... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I have not used either brand but Toshiba one looks good as it has slightly better specs from the Lenovo one plus I think Toshiba brand is more subtle and durable.
Activity: 153
I prefer toshiba laptop..
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
I would go for the Toshiba.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I'd go with the Toshiba myself. I used to use a Toshiba laptop a while back and I never had trouble with it. It's got the better processor of the two as well, plus it's a bit cheaper than the Lenovo.
Activity: 126
Personally, I would always stick with apple. If your a microsoft person, it takes awhile to get a hang of it but in the end, it is much smoother.
Hi, I want to buy a new laptop and campus offers 2 models at a fairly good price (compared to the shop price in my country). The Lenovo is 749 eur, the Toshiba 729 eur. These are the models:

Lenovo Z50-70-01418
15,6", Intel Core i7-4510U, 8GB, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M, DVD
(processor has got 2 cores and clock speed of 2 GHz and boost 3.1 GHz; and has SSHD and full HD)
http://www.campusshop.be/zcs-01/80032282/lenovo-z50-70-01418/details.aspx

Toshiba Satellite L50-A-1C7
15,6", Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M, DVD
(processor has got 4 cores and clock speed of 2.4 GHz and boost 3.4 GHz; has HDD)
http://www.campusshop.be/zcs-01/80016052/toshiba-satellite-l50-a-1c7/details.aspx

(i'm sorry, couldn't find an english version of the site)

Specs look nearly the same, but I'm absolutely no expert when it comes to GPU and CPU so i'm not sure. I don't need a laptop for mining but I want a moderate/good performer on all levels (graphics and speed; gaming and basic programs...). Which laptop looks like the best buy ? Which one looks like the best performer and which of these 2 brands is the most recommended in general ?

Thanks in advance !
Pages:
Jump to: