Author

Topic: Which one is good, trading or investing? - page 116. (Read 126393 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
If you want to start trading, start with the mindset that trading is a skill and that it is going to take time and money for you to learn this skill. you may not succeed at first but approach it with a learning mindset and try to keep you risk with each trade very low so that you don't blow up your accounts. Personally trading isnt for me as I prefer investing. I like buying and holding something and just forgetting about it. as long as you have some patience you will make money with investing. Good Luck!
investment and trading both required skills , a skill to analyze the wild market. without skill and experience you might will feel like to gamble your money whether it could going up or down , get profit or loss. not good at all to do it as you can learn about it step by step.

investment has less risk when trading needed alot of times and more complicated.
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
Both are good as long as we can earn.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
I had recently made both, soo far trading has bringed faster results, but im pretty sure the investment will return much more then the trading and with lower risk. But i do play with low ammounts  soo for me im doing both and the results has been quite good even putting the coins at risk at trading im able to take small profits.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
If you want to start trading, start with the mindset that trading is a skill and that it is going to take time and money for you to learn this skill. you may not succeed at first but approach it with a learning mindset and try to keep you risk with each trade very low so that you don't blow up your accounts. Personally trading isnt for me as I prefer investing. I like buying and holding something and just forgetting about it. as long as you have some patience you will make money with investing. Good Luck!
Activity: 882
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
i think you should try for trading, but not all in. make it a small amount for first then if you have understand, then you can trade with half amount or some amount of btc you want.

for investing, if you really curious, you have to find what kind investing do you want.

when you want to invest don't give it all. start from a small amount and let it grow. Be sure also where you are going to invest your money because this time there are many scammers. investing is like taking a risk you may earn bitcoin or it will remain.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Both trading and investing are quite safe actually, if you know how to do it, but i prefer choose investing. Because trading also need skill and experience and i don't have it. In the other hand, investing only need to find a good place to invest and in the end you will receive the profit.
Yeah, but I think trade is safer to invest a lot because in trading, you may not have the skills or experience but you can learn and improve over time then you will surely be surprised about your earned profits, the point I like most about trading is that we hold money and control their money. With investment, we can not control our money, our money is held by others and it's hard to find an ideal place to invest, we do not know when the site will scam, that makes investment more dangerous than trading

Trading faster provides benefits rather than investing. Investment is great for people who already have financial comfort. For me a worker, i use my savings on bitcoins and trade them.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
Both trading and investing are quite safe actually, if you know how to do it, but i prefer choose investing. Because trading also need skill and experience and i don't have it. In the other hand, investing only need to find a good place to invest and in the end you will receive the profit.
Yeah, but I think trade is safer to invest a lot because in trading, you may not have the skills or experience but you can learn and improve over time then you will surely be surprised about your earned profits, the point I like most about trading is that we hold money and control their money. With investment, we can not control our money, our money is held by others and it's hard to find an ideal place to invest, we do not know when the site will scam, that makes investment more dangerous than trading
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Personally I would pick trading rather than imvesting. In trading you hold your money and make it grow while investing is you letting other people hold that money and grow it though it is not guaranteed if they are trustworthy.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
I would love to invest on bitcoins rather than trading them into risky market. Also investing makes me sure that I will have what I have put into bitcoins because I have to loose nothing with that strategy. I can just wait and watch bitcoins price to go up high and exchange it for hard cash. That is as simple as it sounds.

It is important to know where you put in your money before actually you put your money there. Currently the bitcoin market is very profitable if you have any coins in wallet, you can sell an get a lot of profit based on original buying price. Hence trading in crypto is always considered profitable specially if it is with bitcoin. However be careful in investments. There are a ton of scammers out there ready to pounce on the minds of newbies and putting them into HYIP and MLM schemes all of which are scams.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I think it is best way is trading, with trading we can generate more than 100% profit only in a short time (not more a week). I agree that investing is good but we need patience because investment normally takes a long time (more than 1 year).

Trading is definitely the way to go to generate a large amount of profit in a short period of time. Trading takes a lot of skill however and you should be cautious as a beginner. You should invest the majority of your funds and trade with only a small percentage. When you get good, you can start trading with more of your money. it is always better off to be safe at first.

Investing huge money can be really risky as it can go in opposite direction too and if you invest a lot of money in it then you will be making huge loss in short term which will become difficult for you to recover and if you put higher capital in trading then you can expect higher returns from it.
The more capital you use then the risk for big losses will be higher. So adjust capital with your ability to accept defeat. Because the risk is usually common
Activity: 490
For me trading and investing is not totally safe to put your money, every investment has risk and there is no guarantee that you will earn from it, i prefer trading because its about your knowledge and decision, although you have no control in the movement of coins its still you who decide where to invest in coins that you know has potential.

You are right ! investing is you are investing a ton of money from it and we dont know if it is guaranted that you will earn from it what if it will not be successful also what if there will be a big problem  will come , investing is sort of you cant control. I agree with you in the trading sort of it is your control in selling and buying only not in the price of coin but it is safer to do trading if you do have knowledge from it
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
For me trading and investing is not totally safe to put your money, every investment has risk and there is no guarantee that you will earn from it, i prefer trading because its about your knowledge and decision, although you have no control in the movement of coins its still you who decide where to invest in coins that you know has potential.
Activity: 516
Activity: 274
That depends:

If 200USD is a lot to you, then perhaps holding is a better idea. Depending on your tolerance to risks, you can invest 30~40% and trading with 10~20%, hold the rest.

If 200USD is just some pocket money to you and you really just want to have fun, try your luck in gambling, perhaps you will lose everything, or perhaps you will double it - then keep the gain in the pocket and trade/invest the rest.

Just my personal opinion.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
For me investing in trading is much better because you are the one who controll your investment. Unlike investing in other site most of the time thwy are scam which all of us not like that. That is why be careful in every investment you do make sure you invest in legit sites.

same thing dude. if you trade, you're really not in control of the movement of the altcoins you're dealing with. these two are similar in a lot of ways though day traders profit in a much shorter time thsn investors but concerning the risks involved, and the fact that it you have the same preparations, its pretty much the same

You may not have control of the movement of the altcoins but you have control over your stash, so it all depends on your decision and how well you know the altcoins your trading.  The risk is not the same between trading and investing.  One might be riskier than the other, but at the end of the day, the good one will be the one that you have knowledge the most.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
For me investing in trading is much better because you are the one who controll your investment. Unlike investing in other site most of the time thwy are scam which all of us not like that. That is why be careful in every investment you do make sure you invest in legit sites.

same thing dude. if you trade, you're really not in control of the movement of the altcoins you're dealing with. these two are similar in a lot of ways though day traders profit in a much shorter time thsn investors but concerning the risks involved, and the fact that it you have the same preparations, its pretty much the same
copper member
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
I would love to invest on bitcoins rather than trading them into risky market. Also investing makes me sure that I will have what I have put into bitcoins because I have to loose nothing with that strategy. I can just wait and watch bitcoins price to go up high and exchange it for hard cash. That is as simple as it sounds.

Buying and holding is a time tested strategy. You don't incur any fees and get buried under commission costs and spreads. unless you are really good at trading, I wouldnt even attempt to trade. just go long and hold it, bitcoin grows pretty fast as it is.

Investment is more relaxed, we don't need to worry about price movements that rise and fall everyday. Only by holding it, we still earn profit.

This is not always the case, some time the prices may go down and investment may not be profitable. By holding your bitcoin just for the sake of belief that one day price might increase and you earn some profit is  stupid thinking. As far as trading is concerned although there are some risk associated with it but the chances of earning profit may increase with your experience and knowledge.

Most of the people say that trading is risky but at least you should have a go at it and trust yourself while doing trading.   
Activity: 406
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
When you look closely at both options, you should notice that in a way both are similar but still poles apart. Similar in the sense that Trading is also Investing since both are a part of investment and can incur risk. Poles apart in that Investing isn't Trading. The former may be passive while trading entails active participation and of a higher risk.

For me, I rather invest than trade.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 251

Buying and holding is a time tested strategy. You don't incur any fees and get buried under commission costs and spreads. unless you are really good at trading, I wouldnt even attempt to trade. just go long and hold it, bitcoin grows pretty fast as it is.

Investment is more relaxed, we don't need to worry about price movements that rise and fall everyday. Only by holding it, we still earn profit.
Jump to: