Pages:
Author

Topic: Which wallet can i use for my needs - page 5. (Read 748 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
January 08, 2024, 11:11:53 AM
If you want to be safe from hackers online and want to hold your assets for the longest time that support more coins then the only solution for your needs is to use a hardware wallet.

Just make sure to choose the best hardware wallet like Trezor as suggested above but if you are looking for other hardware wallets I suggest to check this "[ list] Open Source Hardware Wallets" the advantage of using this hardware wallet you can use it on daily basis without leaking your private keys.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
January 08, 2024, 10:48:44 AM
Bitcoin wallet recommendation, read what I posted here just today for me not to repeat myself: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.63461485

Online wallet are not that safe but you can use it for little amount of coins. Electrum, Sparrow and Bluewallet are recommended for desktop. Electrum, Bluewallet and Samourai for mobile devices.

For altcoins online, use Unstoppable. Unstoppable not supporting much coins and may have synchronizing issue with some altcoins, you may need to get yourself hardware wallet like Trezor which is even safer. Online wallets are not safe.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
January 08, 2024, 10:41:15 AM
How likely is it to be hacked?
Your wallet is only as safe as the device you store it in, so take note that anything online is prone to hacking. The best way to store your funds is offline, and that's either in an airgapped wallet or hardware wallet.
How trust wallet is reliable for holding bitcoins and other altcoins?
Trust wallet is not a recommended wallet for storing your BTC, it may be okay to store altcoins, but it is not recommended to use a closed source wallet to store BTC when there are too many open source alternatives like Electrum.
As a newbie which wallet i can use and will that wallet support bitcoin and other altcoins?
There is unstoppable wallet that is open source, and you can use a hardware wallet too. But what is most recommended is to use different wallets to store your BTC's and altcoins. I.E. Electrum on an airgapped device for BTC and Unstoppable wallet for your altcoins.
Activity: 406
Merit: 896
January 08, 2024, 10:33:51 AM
As a newbie which wallet i can use and will that wallet support bitcoin and other altcoins? I know some wallet names like Coinbase Wallet, Trust Wallet, MyEtherWallet but as a newbie which wallet can I use to keep my assets safe. I have heard a lot of people using trust wallets. How trust wallet is reliable for holding bitcoins and other altcoins? How likely is it to be hacked?

The most important thing is not the wallet software but rather where the keys will be stored. If you use any of the afforementioned wallets, the keys will be on your mobile phone (unless I am mistaken). So, since the device is connected to the internet, there is a leak / hack possibility, no matter which one you will choose.

However, apart from that, I definetely support the idea of storing your Bitcoin in a separate wallet than your altcoins and I vote for electrum as well.

I don't own any altcoins except for monero, so I am not sure I can give advice regarding the altcoins, but you could buy a trezor and store the keys for the altcoins there.
Activity: 560
Merit: 624
January 08, 2024, 10:25:58 AM
I will advise you to use a separate wallet for storing your bitcoin and a separate wallet for your altcoins.

For bitcoin, you can use the electrum and the blue wallet, which are both open source.
Activity: 26
Merit: 14
January 08, 2024, 10:22:25 AM
As a newbie which wallet i can use and will that wallet support bitcoin and other altcoins? I know some wallet names like Coinbase Wallet, Trust Wallet, MyEtherWallet but as a newbie which wallet can I use to keep my assets safe. I have heard a lot of people using trust wallets. How trust wallet is reliable for holding bitcoins and other altcoins? How likely is it to be hacked?
Pages:
Jump to: