Pages:
Author

Topic: Which wallet do you use for storing ERC-20 token? - page 4. (Read 1856 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
i use mew from the very start and it is easy to use. there are some or may people got hack but for me i never have nay problem. just use etherscan if you want to know your balance. try to be safe to avoid getting hack.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
I use both - MEW and MetaMask, for tokens this seems to be good enough
if you want to have more ETH in your wallet, this could be ok, if you do not plan to use it and store your key and password offline, in other cases i would not recommend
I'm still facing some problems with metamask and this wallet need to get another improvements. MEW and Metamask don't seem to be a very good choice consider both are lack of security.
Just try to get another alternative wallet which has been putting the focus into the security.
Activity: 476
Merit: 11
Usually, always when I need to keep ERC-20 standard tokens I use the MyEtherWallet, also recently I often use the MYCrypto wallet because it allows to make transactions and use the fractional commission value.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 292
www.cd3d.app
Currently I use two wallets on my smartphone to hold my token. One is MewConnect and Ginco, if you've ever created a wallet on MEW's website, it's easy to sync with MewConnect, you just need to scan your QR wallet to log into your wallet, that's easy. However, MewConnect currently only supports iOS devices

MewConnect is an excellent choice, I like that the security of the application is not inferior to the security level of cold wallets. In addition to this, I use metamask to store and transfer tokens.
copper member
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!
I like many bounty hunters use MEW. Quite a good and convenient wallet, the security of which is provided by you. It's good to me.
Activity: 608
Merit: 10
which I know is the safest wallet and compatible with ERC 20 is myetherwallet so I always use it to store some of the coins that I get from bounty and I've never used another wallet
Activity: 560
I use MyEtherWallet. This is a simple and convenient wallet for storing tokens. The only important disadvantage is the security of this wallet, but I have not yet had any hacked wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
I use both - MEW and MetaMask, for tokens this seems to be good enough
if you want to have more ETH in your wallet, this could be ok, if you do not plan to use it and store your key and password offline, in other cases i would not recommend
copper member
Activity: 994
Merit: 4
There are other wallets that can be used to store Erc20 tokens but i prefer using MEW because it is easy to use and you have controll over your wallet, reason being that you control your private key.
copper member
Activity: 210
The wallet I use for storing ERC-20 tokens is imtoken.I have used mew in the past ,but later discovered that mew is 90% prone to hack.If you visit myetherwallet.com,you will see it written, pointing that ones wallet could be easily hacked.
On the other hand, one can't hack imtoken easily because for one to hack it,the person must have your private keys,password and mnemonic. Moreover,one can creat many wallets on imtoken ,especially if the user doesn't want to add all his tokens on one wallet.in terms of transactions, it is very fast and userfrendly.
However, one can also creat new password even if he lost his previous password provided he has his private keys.To be accurate, one shouid keep his private keys offline not leaving it on your phone storage location.
Activity: 888
Merit: 500
Currently I use two wallets on my smartphone to hold my token. One is MewConnect and Ginco, if you've ever created a wallet on MEW's website, it's easy to sync with MewConnect, you just need to scan your QR wallet to log into your wallet, that's easy. However, MewConnect currently only supports iOS devices
Activity: 630
Which wallet do you use for storing your ERC-20 token?

I personally like MEW because it's very easy to use. Some people like Trezor or Ledger but personally I have no problems by using MEW  Smiley
In MEW you have complete access to your private keys.

I use mostly Ethereum for making transactions and making investments. So my favorite wallets are MyEtherwallet and Coinomi. I am quite content by both of them and I don't see any reasons to change my choice on behalf of some other services.
Activity: 532
Now, many recommend using the MyCrypto wallet instead of the MEW wallet. Perhaps this in some ways may make sense because in all this time, this wallet has never have any phishing attack, so it can be more secure than MEW.
Activity: 560
I prefer MyEtherWallet and hardware wallet Ledger Nano S for storing my bounty reward.I have never had any issues with these two cryptowallets..I have also heard lots of positive comments about hardware Trezor wallet.
Activity: 182
Well of course mew, I think this is the most common wallet, and well protected, of course there is phishing but if an experienced user then you know how to protect yourself from this
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
Well I also use MEW for storing ERC-20 token, still I have no problem with it so it's good to use that wallet, about the hardware wallets well it's more safe than web wallet, I think I'm gonna use that if I have much token that worth thousands of dollars. Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 12

I use MEW because it is easy to use and it can be accessed on both desktop and mobile browers. It is recommended to use MEW alongwith Metamask to avoid revealing of your private keys. While using MEW, we should always check the website address to avoid compromising of our MEW wallet private keys.
Activity: 588
MEW with Metamask. Ive never had any problem with it either.  However, if I have Ledger or trezor, I would most probably use it more often. Since I dont have them I'm ok with Mew for now. Its doing its purpose and Pretty safe for me. I dont have that much coins anyway. Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 101

I personally like MEW because it's very easy to use. Some people like Trezor or Ledger but personally I have no problems by using MEW  Smiley
In MEW you have complete access to your private keys.

I prefer to use MyEtherwallet. Ethereum is my favorite cryptocurrency so I try to use tools that are most suitable for ERC-20 tokens. There are a lot of options on the market today. It is possible to make best ever possible choice.
Activity: 1078
MEW is the most convenient wallet for Ethereum, but it is not as safe as hardware wallets like Ledger. As for me, I use Metamask extension for browser - it is both convenient and rather safe.
Pages:
Jump to: