Pages:
Author

Topic: Which wallet is the best for use Tether USDT - page 2. (Read 231 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
November 03, 2021, 01:17:14 PM
If the amount is big, hardware wallet may be also an option worth considering, although I fail to understand why would people hold USDT, since it won't grow bigger than 1$ (stablecoin), it has issues with its backing and you have to trust the issuer (again, stablecoin).

Pretty much a hedge against volatility. Something something selling coins to buy back lower. And yea, it has it's risks in terms of the company behind it(asset backing, potential locks due to it being centralized, and such), but for some people the risks are worth it due to them not needing to touch KYC exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
November 03, 2021, 01:06:24 PM
Which wallet is the best for USDT?
Tether works in many chains and ERC20 and TRC20 are most popular I think. You can have metamask for ERC20 token but may be not for TRC20. If the amount is large then consider buying a hardware wallet. May be Ledger wallet. For TRC20 you will need Tron app and for ERC20 you will need Ether app. Your money is safe.

If the amount is big, hardware wallet may be also an option worth considering, although I fail to understand why would people hold USDT, since it won't grow bigger than 1$ (stablecoin), it has issues with its backing and you have to trust the issuer (again, stablecoin).
The stability. I always wonder if we have any stable coins which is decentralized.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
November 03, 2021, 01:03:35 PM

However, if you keep this token in your wallet, you may have take a look on the transaction fees you may have to also pay in the form of the underlying network's currency (ETH, TRC,..)
I didn't hold USDT, but if I'm right, you may have to keep some small ETH amount too in Metamask for the fees. (If I'm wrong, please somebody correct me.)
copper member
Activity: 335
Merit: 35
November 03, 2021, 01:02:01 PM
Ballet
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
November 03, 2021, 12:52:53 PM
USDT is a token and doesn't have its own blockchain. It can run on the likes of Ethereum(ERC-20 token) and Solana(SPL token). So, if you prefer the former, go with MetaMask[1]. If you prefer the latter, go with Phantom[2].

[1] https://metamask.io/
[2] https://phantom.app/
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 03, 2021, 12:46:31 PM
I want to buy some Tether USDT.
but the bitgo wallet don't have Tether wallet.
Which wallet is the best for USDT?
Pages:
Jump to: