Pages:
Author

Topic: Which wallet program? - page 3. (Read 3755 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
June 22, 2015, 01:47:49 PM
Check out : https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Take a look on Youtube as well...you can find a lot of helpful how to videos on there.

Hope this helps.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
June 22, 2015, 02:34:14 AM
because of the need for huge blockchain download from core or armory i prefer light wallets like electrum and multibit. so i use Electrum for my storage and blockchain,info for small amounts on hand.
Activity: 686
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
June 22, 2015, 02:26:47 AM

swisscex is collpas but he send to me my private key

Are you make deal with their support for give a private key to you?

~iki
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Im not 1FfmbHfnpaZjKFvyi1okTjJJusN455paPH
June 22, 2015, 02:08:09 AM

How about Exchnager im using bittrex to my 2nd wallet because everyday i trade in bittrex  Undecided

Just for small amount? For trade? it's ok, but when you have big amount on the exchanger, sent to your cold wallet immediately.

~iki

Im not have more BTC i have only 3BTC
in my Bitrex 2BTC in other exchange 1BTC
i send all my btc to exhange because im trade

i wd every 1week
are that ok ?

Undecided

It's fine if you WD every week. Just don't store too much and don't store too long, because they will collapse anytime, and we don't have a private keys.

swisscex is collpas but he send to me my private key
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
June 22, 2015, 02:06:26 AM

How about Exchnager im using bittrex to my 2nd wallet because everyday i trade in bittrex  Undecided

Just for small amount? For trade? it's ok, but when you have big amount on the exchanger, sent to your cold wallet immediately.

~iki

i wd every 1week
are that ok ?

Undecided

if i was you i would have been trade only with 0.3 the rest on your wallet, playing with all your btc on exchange it's like doubling the risk to lose them all

1 because of hacker the other because of the nature of trading, especially if your are dealing with altcoin
June 22, 2015, 01:54:40 AM

~iki

i wd every 1week
are that ok ?

Undecided

It's fine if you WD every week. Just don't store too much and don't store too long, because they will collapse anytime, and we don't have a private keys.

If you want a good online wallet I recommend www.cryptonator.com

They have paid subscription if you do high volume of transactions so it is zero fees.
Their free wallet have the typical fees. But the think I like with their service is you can have alt.coin wallet and exchange them within the same service. Once again at a fee on free but no fees for membership subscription.
They currently only have Litcoin, Blackcoin, Clams, and a few others. Soon they will have currency exchange doing the same way of exchange with the other coins. Worth the money to subscribe if doing high volume of trading and transactions.

Never heard before, as far as i see, no wallet for clams, https://www.cryptonator.com/about Undecided

~iki
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
June 22, 2015, 01:43:32 AM

How about Exchnager im using bittrex to my 2nd wallet because everyday i trade in bittrex  Undecided

~iki

i wd every 1week
are that ok ?

Undecided
as long as you are not using the exchanger for storing bitcoin, and you only use the amount that you use in that period, i would say that it is OK.

be careful though. use a strong password and enable 2FA for extra security. and withdraw any additional amount that you don't need access to for trading.
Activity: 126
June 21, 2015, 10:36:46 PM
If you want a good online wallet I recommend www.cryptonator.com

They have paid subscription if you do high volume of transactions so it is zero fees.
Their free wallet have the typical fees. But the think I like with their service is you can have alt.coin wallet and exchange them within the same service. Once again at a fee on free but no fees for membership subscription.
They currently only have Litcoin, Blackcoin, Clams, and a few others. Soon they will have currency exchange doing the same way of exchange with the other coins. Worth the money to subscribe if doing high volume of trading and transactions.
June 21, 2015, 10:25:32 PM

~iki

i wd every 1week
are that ok ?

Undecided
June 21, 2015, 08:38:29 AM

~iki
Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
June 21, 2015, 07:44:50 AM
I just regocnized that there are different Fees - Im Using The Core Wallet which has less Fees than other like Xapo, or Core(Mobile)

Regards

XAPO and coinbase is 0% fee satosi
so how many fee you get with core wallet Huh

are you get some satosi if you send your BTC Huh
I wouldn't trust Xapo wallet to become your main wallet. You want to have full and total control over your own coins. Any web based, cloud online wallets are not good imo.
Choose between full node wallet like Bitcoin Core (if you want to download whole blockchain) or lightweight wallet with simplified validation like Electrum. Don't fell for no fee bait.

I use Blockchain.info for my "hot" wallet, for quickspending and receiving money.

But i keep the bulk, over 95% of my money in offline secure storage.
June 21, 2015, 07:44:26 AM
I just regocnized that there are different Fees - Im Using The Core Wallet which has less Fees than other like Xapo, or Core(Mobile)

Regards

I wouldn't trust Xapo wallet to become your main wallet. You want to have full and total control over your own coins. Any web based, cloud online wallets are not good imo.
Choose between full node wallet like Bitcoin Core (if you want to download whole blockchain) or lightweight wallet with simplified validation like Electrum. Don't fell for no fee bait.

Thank's Smiley I will instal electrum on my pc and mycelliumm on my android device

Im note interesting to download Bitcoin Core Grin
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
June 21, 2015, 07:39:52 AM
There seems to be many wallet programs. Is one better than the other?

I am setting up a RasPi2 and leaning more towards MultiBit just because it looks easy to install... I have zero experience in this area and would love some input....

Thank you
every bitcoin wallet has its pros and cons. it is up to you to decide which one you want to use for your needs.
the wallets page on bitcoin.org is a good resource to give you the general idea about who each wallet is different and what features they offer.

after choosing a wallet you can read a little about how it works and some feedback by searching here and google for it.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
June 21, 2015, 07:32:54 AM

Regards

June 21, 2015, 07:24:08 AM
That's right, but these wallets are more unsecure. If you use the Bitcoin core or other local clients you have fees but also more security.
For small amounts it is okay, but if you have some bigger amounts of Bitcoin I really suggest not to store them on blockchain.info, xapo or other online wallets.

Regards

Thank's for your sugestion Smiley

now i use coinbase & xapo and i will create blockchain wallet or mycellium to my main wallet
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
June 21, 2015, 06:33:26 AM
That's right, but these wallets are more unsecure. If you use the Bitcoin core or other local clients you have fees but also more security.
For small amounts it is okay, but if you have some bigger amounts of Bitcoin I really suggest not to store them on blockchain.info, xapo or other online wallets.

Regards

June 21, 2015, 06:20:32 AM

Regards

Activity: 504
June 21, 2015, 06:16:13 AM

Regards

What fees are you pointing out? AFAIK xapo dont take any fees
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
June 21, 2015, 06:11:53 AM

Regards
June 21, 2015, 06:09:25 AM
There seems to be many wallet programs. Is one better than the other?

I am setting up a RasPi2 and leaning more towards MultiBit just because it looks easy to install... I have zero experience in this area and would love some input....

Thank you

Bitcoin Core is better for you Grin
also we can help network with running node it Smiley

not always; not everyone wants to download the whole blockchain to use the wallet considering its over 20 GB now, nearing 30 i believe. multibit/electrum are perfectly fine to use.

It's more like 70 GB, my bitcoin folder is over 69 GB, plus i got Armory which is another 15 GB.  Sad

Electrum solve your problem Wink

Im using XAPO Smiley

I'm use XAPO too for online wallet, but remember don't store big amount in online wallet Wink

~iki

How about Exchnager im using bittrex to my 2nd wallet because everyday i trade in bittrex  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: