Pages:
Author

Topic: Whitelist Requests (Want out of here?) - page 16. (Read 474339 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 18, 2013, 03:06:41 PM
Hello!
I am newbie. I would like to be able to PM and take part in the Antminer buy.
Please unlock me.

THANKS

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
December 18, 2013, 10:51:37 AM
I am newbie. I would like to be able to PM and take part in the Antminer buy.
Please unlock me.
BTW. I am human and can answer any control question :-)

THANKS

RADEZ
Activity: 29
December 18, 2013, 08:20:48 AM

Newbie here, would like to be able to PM so I can take part in the Antminer buy.
brand new
Activity: 0
December 18, 2013, 06:40:40 AM
Hello bitcointalk newbs and non-newbs,

I am wondering if I can get whitelisted, so that I can post elsewhere.  I'm trying to post in a WTS thread, and worry that I may have to watch the item sell out if I am unable to post a response.

Thanks!

PotatoPete
Activity: 1
December 18, 2013, 05:27:36 AM
I I am part admin of Coinedup.com i made a forum account so I can keep every member updated with the site. We will be revamping it soon so future customers can easily navigate through. Thanks.
Activity: 9
December 17, 2013, 08:34:13 PM
Hi

Request for white-list please. I am trying to get an answer from CoinAd as to why I haven't been paid my ad click earnings. I have sent personal messages and E-mails to the person who responds on behalf of CoinAd (Carlos) yet no response has been forthcoming. I am wondering if posting publicly may make this person actually bother to respond.

Thanks.
Activity: 14
December 17, 2013, 06:31:57 PM
Hi, I'd love to get whitelisted, as I want to participate in DogeCoin board, take a part in giveaways etc.
If it's possible, then please whitelist me. Thanks.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
December 17, 2013, 05:43:01 PM
I would really like a whitelist in order to participate in miner hardware groupbuys. There is not that much else I need to post around here tbh but several Groupbuys need a tx post.
Activity: 101
December 17, 2013, 05:32:49 PM
"List, White List!" pls  Grin
Activity: 362
Merit: 100
December 17, 2013, 12:18:01 PM
Request for Whitelist pleass.
Activity: 19
December 17, 2013, 07:47:56 AM
hey trying to get out of here so i can just the rest of the forums, thank you and i look forward to being paert of the community.
Activity: 11
December 17, 2013, 07:39:58 AM
Hi. I'd like to be whitelisted please.
Activity: 7
December 16, 2013, 05:39:11 PM
Whitelist pls ? I need to ask a few questions about BTC and other crypto coins. I am considering accepting BTC for my bussisness...
Activity: 17
December 16, 2013, 03:43:18 PM
Request for Whitelist pls.

Newbie Here
I would like to reply to a post to get questions answered. Thanx

Activity: 84
December 16, 2013, 12:02:28 PM
Hey fellow crypto fiends... I would love to be able to post in other forums.  I hope you all have a good day. =D
Activity: 27
December 16, 2013, 11:43:03 AM
Hi,

I also would like to get whitelisted !!
Activity: 14
December 16, 2013, 11:16:43 AM
May I get whitelisted?
Activity: 13
December 16, 2013, 10:07:14 AM
This is my first post so I can get white listed - I will try to make it useful.

A contrarian view has been posted here, suggesting that Bitcoin is a speculative bubble. I think it's based on some flawed analysis so here's the comment I posted in response:

This article is great for people who’ve not got any Bitcoins to feel better about themselves. Other than that it misses some pretty key points, and in some places is frankly misleading.

1. The number of transactions for practical use IS going up. About 300% this year. The top graph is misleading, as is the second… Comparing transactions to market capitalization in dollars, in a year where the value of BTC (in dollars) has gone through the roof, effectively provides an inverse of the price in dollars, but does little to prove or disprove use for practical transactions. Your graph makes it appear as if the number of transactions is going down, when this is factually not the case.

2. You say that the number of transactions have “mostly just bounced around”. This is simply not correct, assuming you are trying to establish its real world practical use for transactions. Understand that Bitcoin exchanges have to move substantial BTC between accounts (addresses) daily, for example in and out of cold storage. (This is akin to putting money in and out of a safe, but generates transactions on the public record all the same). Consequently, this graph taken from the same source as your charts, and showing the number of Bitcoin transactions while excluding transactions between popular addresses, is the most accurate view of practical use. Growth of 300% in a year is not bad and is certainly not ‘bouncing around’!

3. It’s usefulness for in person transactions such as at a physical store is, as many commenters say correctly, constrained by the 5-8 mins it takes to confirm a transaction, but this is not where the currency shines (and in fact is being solved anyway). This is old world thinking here… i.e. a dollar can be used in any circumstance – online, physical store, wire transfer. On the contrary, Bitcoin as a currency simply ‘has its place’. It works fine for online orders (I ordered a computer a couple of days ago and paid fine with Bitcoin), it also works great for wire style transfers between individuals and businesses, and in both cases has (effectively) zero transaction fees – in stark contrast to credit cards and regular wire transfers. Think of it this way… an online merchant could sell its products 2-3% cheaper tomorrow than its competitors, assuming it offers Bitcoin as a means of payment. Imagine if Amazon announced it was accepting Bitcoin next week… Would that change your view of Bitcoin being (not) a currency?

The simple fact is there are only a tiny number of places to spend Bitcoin at the moment, but that number is growing. It will accelerate in 2014 as API’s for online merchants mature, so that merchants can readily integrate Bitcoin into their shopping carts, which is not easy right now. Bitpay is one example of a company offering this service.

It is certainly true that a large number of people are hoarding and many are hoarding for speculation purposes. But I agree with the commenter who says that many are also waiting simply for the opportunity to spend it.

Give it time!
Activity: 5
December 16, 2013, 07:59:52 AM
Request to be whitelisted.
I need to ask some questions bout active pools in EMD-thread. (Emerald coins)
Activity: 3
December 15, 2013, 12:07:26 PM
I'd like to give some technical advice in the MemoryCoin thread.

These newbie restrictions are overdone, in my opinion.

I'm assuming the reasoning is to combat bot spam, but for that there are other solutions, e.g. captcha and moderation.
Pages:
Jump to: