Pages:
Author

Topic: Who are the most trustworthy Bitcointalk users? - page 2. (Read 6373 times)

legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000
I know he's gone missing a few times only to return (much) later to release escrows.
I dont know if he ended up running away with any, but Id assume he didnt. At least not that I know off. Point remains though.

John has not disclosed ID on a scammer he vetted;  I would not "trust" him.

I agree with the others:  Don't trust anyone.
Activity: 868
tomatocage and escrow.ms
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Many people are saying that dooglus is one of the most trusted members on here, and here he is trying to look untrustowrthy

I guess my point is that accidents happen... It was around then that I realised I didn't want to be holding 38000 BTC of other people's money. The responsibility weighs pretty heavy.

This is why I would think you are trustworthy coz you don't want to handle that amount just in case you mess up and cause people to lose money.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Many people are saying that dooglus is one of the most trusted members on here, and here he is trying to look untrustowrthy

I guess my point is that accidents happen... It was around then that I realised I didn't want to be holding 38000 BTC of other people's money. The responsibility weighs pretty heavy.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
I'd trust dooglus with any amount and most of the guys mentioned in this thread for 4 or potentially 5 digits.

4 or 5 digits of BTC or USD?

I once forgot a laptop with 5 digits of other people's BTC in a hotel room bedside table, and only remembered it a couple of hours after checking out and driving away.

I called them and they couriered it back to me (though of course it was encrypted, backed up, and all that good stuff).
legendary
Activity: 1498
Look for Hero+ members who joined 2012 or earlier. Most of the scammers and douchebags came later.

Reporting in

But don't trust me unless you think you want to trust and understand the risk.
legendary
I'd trust dooglus with any amount and most of the guys mentioned in this thread for 4 or potentially 5 digits.

4 or 5 digits of BTC or USD?

I once forgot a laptop with 5 digits of other people's BTC in a hotel room bedside table, and only remembered it a couple of hours after checking out and driving away.

I called them and they couriered it back to me (though of course it was encrypted, backed up, and all that good stuff).
legendary
Activity: 1050
-snip-

How can u trust someone whom u have neither seen in real life nor have personal identification details ? Is not it normal, that someone to be trusted, he/she should declare his/her real identity ?

If I declare to you now, that I am:

Sandra L. Ward
Camiño Real, 73
48380 Aulesti

how does that make me trustworthy?

Personal identification for trust is not what u declare randomly on the forum. You need to submit a clear image of yours holding your passport/driving license etc. and a code written on paper that would be pre-submitted to the forum. You'll find something like this partially on How? Get Verified of http://www.reddit.com/r/GirlsGoneBitcoin.

What can you do with the ID though? Nothing. Except some people could pretend to be you thats a downside to providing your id otherwise your just going to know their name & address but that isn't going to help getting back what ever you lose to them.

Knowing the real name and address definitely helps a lot in getting back the stolen things. In general people dont tend to scam with their real identity.

GLBST, BFL?

No, Karpeles is the most trustworthy.
Activity: 868
Merit: 508
tomatocage, haploid, dannyhamilton, loureed.
I wouldn't trust LouReed more than any general reputable member, personally. He does a lot of trades on here, but what else has he done to earn trust? The dollar figures on all his trades are pretty moderate. Not that he has done anything wrong, but would you feel comfortable sending him 1,000 bitcoins? (If you had 1,000 bitcoins.) Or 100 bitcoins? 50 bitcoins? I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with any of those.

I'd trust dooglus with any amount and most of the guys mentioned in this thread for 4 or potentially 5 digits. Once you get above that, I have to think some people are just going to decide to just cash out.
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Theymos is being trusted by the most users, with John K just after him at the 2nd spot. Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9457267
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Dooglus.

End of List.
Activity: 518
Hodl!
That is also not infallible.

Although you should mistrust recent accounts more, you should not necessarily assume that an older account isn't a scammer, or has not been sold to or hijacked by a scammer.

For myself, I think you could trust me about as much as Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of the Firefly class ship Serenity. In other words, if somehow I'm holding your BTC and discover you robbed widows and orphans, the widows and orphans are getting it.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Look for Hero+ members who joined 2012 or earlier. Most of the scammers and douchebags came later.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
Well, pirate was obviously running a Ponzi scheme from the start, and the other two were pretty much just unwittingly running pirate pass-throughs (you lend coins to Hashking, he lends them to some other fool, who in turn gives them to pirate).

Not only that. HK's ponzi deposits wheres supposedly 'insured' when in reality that insurance was also invested in that same ponzi, and patrick harnett ran his own ponzi trying to recover his pirate debts.
Activity: 616
Send me your Btc and ill send you 10x back. Thats how
trustworthy I am Good luck, g
legendary
Most of the people who were once most trusted here turned scammers later. Pirate,  Hashking, Patrick Harnett,...

Well, pirate was obviously running a Ponzi scheme from the start, and the other two were pretty much just unwittingly running pirate pass-throughs (you lend coins to Hashking, he lends them to some other fool, who in turn gives them to pirate).

Dooglus.

He didn't run away with 40 million $ when running JD.

Thanks. Smiley

By the way, I think it touched $60 million in value at one point. I can't believe people trusted me with so many coins - it's kind of crazy when you think about it.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
I am
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
the ones with most green feedback Wink

Those having the most green feedback are those having done the most transactions without problems. They don't necessarily have been trusted with a lot of bitcoin in the past. Smiley
Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
the ones with most green feedback Wink
Pages:
Jump to: