Pages:
Author

Topic: Who do you think Matthew's backer is for the 10k btc bet? - page 3. (Read 6752 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
I already made my bet and I'm not having second thoughts about that. Any way this turns out I think the odds are against you, Matt.

But I don't understand your angle at all. Why do you want to make this kind of bet? It absolutely would make sense if you had inside information about Pirate being legit but somehow I don't think that's likely. It's as if you are making the bet and (likely) throwing away your money just to make the statement that you don't like people calling in question other peoples schemes that are very likely fraudulent. Why is this?

What's wrong in pointing out that from very early on, the most likely explanation for how BST works has been a ponzi scheme?

Because people were not saying "most likely"

QFT. Lynch mobs, fights, and discommunications from groups I'm in were starting to happen because people were taking sides on the issues when neither side even has proof. Do you know what it's like to work with people who call your friends "Shills" and "scammers" because they made an investment into something? Good god.
Activity: 504
I already made my bet and I'm not having second thoughts about that. Any way this turns out I think the odds are against you, Matt.

But I don't understand your angle at all. Why do you want to make this kind of bet? It absolutely would make sense if you had inside information about Pirate being legit but somehow I don't think that's likely. It's as if you are making the bet and (likely) throwing away your money just to make the statement that you don't like people calling in question other peoples schemes that are very likely fraudulent. Why is this?

What's wrong in pointing out that from very early on, the most likely explanation for how BST works has been a ponzi scheme?

Because people were not saying "most likely"
Activity: 501

hmmm maybe it is pirate..

He said this in IRC:

"17:45  * pirateat40 must say that he owns 50% of _matthew_'s betting fund"

Post it in context. He was joking because people were trolling about it. I'm not a liar. I've already explained that I have nothing to do with him.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
He said this in IRC:
"17:45  * pirateat40 must say that he owns 50% of _matthew_'s betting fund"

Good move, and quite obvious if he is really going to pay.
If not, it would be a double scam.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

He said this in IRC:

"17:45  * pirateat40 must say that he owns 50% of _matthew_'s betting fund"
legendary
Maybe its a group of pirate supporters..

The first major public PPT was run by a group of guys wasn't it??
Activity: 686
Wat
Never go full retard.
legendary
It has to be a pirate supporter, but I don't think it would be pirate himself..

My first thought was insider info. Typical bitcoin antics.

I think Matthew is smarter then to risk 10k btc or being labeled a scammer for alltime.  Even on insider info (it can be very wrong you know Wink)

He has a backer.  

Nope. I would never invest in pirate. I will invest -against- loud mouthed idiot cowards though, any day of the week.

No your backer is investing, your a great front man thu!! Wink
that weird asian teenager he follows around?

Zhou Tong? He's in Australia. Long time no see buttcoins. How come you're not pumping out any more comedy?
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
that weird asian teenager he follows around?
Activity: 288
Merit: 251

I think Matthew is smarter then to risk 10k btc or being labeled a scammer for alltime.  Even on insider info (it can be very wrong you know Wink)

He has a backer.  

Nope. I would never invest in pirate. I will invest -against- loud mouthed idiot cowards though, any day of the week.

I think Matthew just went insane.

You actually work with this guy? Free advice: get out while you can.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Maybe he has a bet for 50kBTC running that those fucking cowards would not even bring the 10k... would be interesting what the real cut-off condition with his partner is.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-

He has a backer.  

I think Matthew just went insane.
legendary
Activity: 1284
Think about it. He get's to keep the half million and pays out the 10k to the "told you so"s.
Unless he proves that they can fooled just as easily by not paying.
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)

He has a backer.  

Ballsy but respectable.

He has a backer.  

legendary

I think Matthew is smarter then to risk 10k btc or being labeled a scammer for alltime.  Even on insider info (it can be very wrong you know Wink)

He has a backer. 
legendary
Activity: 2072

Pages:
Jump to: