Pages:
Author

Topic: Who else is panic buying? - page 2. (Read 2999 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
May 15, 2014, 09:42:38 PM
Real panic buying will start at $465 and again at $480.   At $520, the professional investors and traders will panic buy with big money.

If............. If............... IF!

I am totally new to EW analysis. But have been following the excellent DanV.  

Last night I tried to make a bullish EW chart which would have $340 low as the culmination of a Dec 2013 - April 2014 Wave 4. I couldn't do it. Any way that I reshuffled the wave counts in a way that conforms to EW guidelines resulted in the conclusion that there must be a lower low, or a retest of the $340 low at the very least....

I also couldn't get the short term bullish/long term bearish alternative to work either, whereby $340 represents the whole of Wave A, which would mean that we are now in the midst of Wave B, and could expect another leg up from here as soon as price breaks. If this were to be the case, then we could perhaps expect a run up to the $700 range before Wave B topped out and from there, it would be a long way down to considerably lower lows than $340 for the final Wave C of the Primary Wave 4.

I doubt anyone is panic buying right now.

No.

Bored and waiting.

Cheesy  Me too brother, still got buy order in @ $360  - it's been almost 2 weeks waiting now.

To be very honest, I am considering buying-in near Spot $440  Undecided

How about you mate? Adjusting accordingly or shall we both wait it out together?

Take a spot 440 ... There is an old saying "being a Dick for a Tick"

i.e trying to get the best bottom or top high & you miss the movement ....I take this for a mid-long term investment

420 was a great price ..you have missed that
440 is a good price ...you want to miss that as well ?
470 is where MattheBearCat will have you come in which is a 12% higher buy in that you have left on the table or 12% more coinz Sad

this fantasy sub 300 prices are peopel who smoke crack rocks...take a postion and sit back and relax ..you will feel a shitload better than you do now

I had 415 lows & 510 highs with a 450 average cost price...

Through myself & friends we have another 150k going onto stamp in teh next 3 days & i will be very happy with a 440 spot

I have another 50k from another investor who is waiting for a 415 (i see a 2-5% chance of him getting fileld at this price)  buy in and like MatThebearCat I have said that we will review the position if we hit 470 and I will tell him point blank that he will miss the movement & he will want to panic buy @ 510

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
May 15, 2014, 09:06:50 PM
Cheesy  Me too brother, still got buy order in @ $360  - it's been almost 2 weeks waiting now.

To be very honest, I am considering buying-in near Spot $440  Undecided

How about you mate? Adjusting accordingly or shall we both wait it out together?

Don't buy in now. Wait and see what way the market wants to go.

This is an old chart but not much has changed except we are a few days further along:

Right now, if Bitcoin were to break up above $465, then that would be a signal to suggest that a bit of upside is ahead. If it breaks down below around $430, then that would be a signal that more downside is coming. Of course, when Bitcoin breaks one of these trendlines, you will be looking for an intense push of volume much much larger than what we have seen recently, as your signal to take any given market action. You will also want to look at what other indicators are doing. Also it would be typical for Bitcoin to actually take a 'unconvincing' little dip down below a support trendline before shooting up if that is what it were to do, and also vice versa. If Bitcoin is to retest the $340 lows, then it would be totally typical for Bitcoin to creep up above resistance trendline before taking the plunge. Seen it so many times.

If Bitcoin just trends right through these trendlines, which it might, then I wouldn't see any reason to buy Bitcoin (unless the buyer had an actual use for it) until more promising indicators fall into place. Two easy indicators to look at would be MACD and RSI. On both the 4Hr and 1 day MACD, the momentum indicators are lining up to crossover to the downside, although have spend time in 'positive' territory in a very flat state.

1 Day RSI is showing signs of reversal but definitely looks like it is about to test a low before it makes another high.

My personal opinion is that Bitcoin is more likely to break down and test the recent low before it can start to rise up again, but if it does break up in the coming days I shall jump along for the ride but will be keeping a close eye on any signs of a false break out. Like I say, The Bitcoin market very often attempts to trick over eager bulls/bears into jumping into a position when they really shouldn't.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 15, 2014, 04:29:38 PM
Real panic buying will start at $465 and again at $480.   At $520, the professional investors and traders will panic buy with big money.

Last night I tried to make a bullish EW chart which would have $340 low as the culmination of a Dec 2013 - April 2014 Wave 4. I couldn't do it. Any way that I reshuffled the wave counts in a way that conforms to EW guidelines resulted in the conclusion that there must be a lower low, or a retest of the $340 low at the very least....

I also couldn't get the short term bullish/long term bearish alternative to work either, whereby $340 represents the whole of Wave A, which would mean that we are now in the midst of Wave B, and could expect another leg up from here as soon as price breaks. If this were to be the case, then we could perhaps expect a run up to the $700 range before Wave B topped out and from there, it would be a long way down to considerably lower lows than $340 for the final Wave C of the Primary Wave 4.

No.

Bored and waiting.

Cheesy  Me too brother, still got buy order in @ $360  - it's been almost 2 weeks waiting now.

LoL  Grin  didn't mean it in quite that way
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
May 15, 2014, 02:51:12 PM
Blasphemy. TA has strongly indicated that the price could go up! ...or down! ...or not change much. Pretty sure TA is spot on.
Activity: 574
May 15, 2014, 02:44:54 PM

No.

Bored and waiting.

EW dont work ... the b wave is good for a support indicator but you will go hungry trying to use them as primary TA

Stay a bear that you are as It will make this run all the sweeter

Where are your sub 300 prices Huh

Activity: 126
Merit: 101
Be Here Now
May 15, 2014, 01:49:08 PM
*brings in coffee, lemonade and iced sweet tea for the porch party*

SO is anybody not necessarily panic buying, but just going hey, why not...and buying?

I had that move yesterday, i woke up with a nice sun-shine and bought BTC, it's a good time to load more.

What distinguished you from the "panic buyer"?
legendary
Activity: 3446
Merit: 4415
May 15, 2014, 01:48:08 PM

SO is anybody not necessarily panic buying, but just going hey, why not...and buying?

I had that move yesterday, i woke up with a nice sun-shine and bought BTC, it's a good time to load more.
Activity: 126
Merit: 101
Be Here Now
May 15, 2014, 01:40:19 PM

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
May 15, 2014, 12:34:58 PM
panic buying since 2011 Wink

same here. i only pause sometimes when we rally, panic buying below 600 this time.
Activity: 742
Activity: 644
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
May 15, 2014, 12:08:43 PM

No.

Bored and waiting.

Activity: 518
May 15, 2014, 12:08:11 PM

No.

Bored and waiting.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 15, 2014, 12:02:57 PM

No.

Bored and waiting.

Activity: 471
Merit: 250
May 15, 2014, 11:07:07 AM
We're well beyond the panic-zone, but we might be heading that way.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
May 15, 2014, 11:05:23 AM
I prefer to panic hodl.

lol...
QUICK! DON'T DO ANYTHING!

Freeze! Don't move! And hold it that way!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
May 15, 2014, 10:55:16 AM
I prefer to panic hodl.

lol...
QUICK! DON'T DO ANYTHING!
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
May 15, 2014, 10:45:33 AM

No.

Bored and waiting.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
May 15, 2014, 10:33:28 AM
Real panic buying will start at $465 and again at $480.   At $520, the professional investors and traders will panic buy with big money.

Maybe we should distinguish panic buying and "panic buying". Buying at points breaking through major resistances is in the latter category. But perhaps the distinction is potato potahtoe
Activity: 561
May 15, 2014, 10:31:13 AM
I prefer to panic hodl.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
May 15, 2014, 10:25:19 AM
panic buying since 2011 Wink
Pages:
Jump to: